Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Axel666MoWi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:29 am 

I had another idea in mind to improve the encyclopaedia metallum. It would be nice to add a tabs section next to the songs. Personally, I have tablatures for very underground bands that are not found on other sites. So I think it will add a lot to the site.

Lollercoaster
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:25 am 

This idea crossed my mind a few times before... but most songs on here don't even have lyrics yet. It'd need to have some advantage over just submitting them to 911tabs. Would we go with a massive clusterfuck of multiple versions of scores/tabs for multiple instruments in sheet music, video, tab pro, power tab, and guitar pro formats, each with ratings and what not? Or something more simple with stricter standards and restrictions?

Just out of curiousity what underground bands do you have tabs for? I've been looking for some I could never find on 911tabs or anywhere else.

Axel666MoWi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:14 pm 

I have a tab from naastrand, and peste noire. Those are not complete (at all) tabs and not really correct, juste made with ear. Yeah, that's a bit shitty haha.

Rasha_yad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:35 pm 

They don't allow lyrics by ear, and I imagine it'd be the same deal with this. Few bands publish official tabs, so it's probably very, very low on the priority list.

Reply to topic