Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Stormcrowned
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:36 am 

Long time lurker (10+ years) newly registered.

I played bass on an album, but am not credited. I am unsure if it's a faux paux to create a new artist page for myself (I've mostly played in punk bands, not metal bands) and add myself to this recording.

To further complicate things, I wasn't *present* for the recording - I was sent the rough tracks online (thru soulseek's +blackmetal+ room) and recorded the bass tracks and sent them back to the credited artist on metallum. I agreed to record for his tracks as long as he credited me under the pseudonym I was using for my own project at the time, Veritas.

For whatever reason, that didn't happen.

I havent spoken to the guy in 7 years now, but I am proud of the work I did. How should I go about this?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:50 am 

Well, for starters, what's the album in question? Is this you?

Stuff for sale on Discogs

Stormcrowned
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:06 am 

That *is* me - for some reason I couldn't find myself with an artist search. (Obviously new to the site, so probably me being stupid.) The tracks in question are the ones on the Split he released the next year.

Unfortunately, I naively believed "Aryanas" when he downplayed his NS leanings online. So I'm feeling kind of ambivalent - I really liked my bass tracks but feel like being connected to NS shit is kinda fucked as I don't believe that.

I'm kind of regretting bringing it up at all now, as someday someone could get pissed off at me and find I once played session bass for an NS band. XD

Stormcrowned
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:09 am 

Also the "Volkskrieg" demo had a different working title when I recorded my tracks - I was under the impression the first demo I played on never was released. That's why I didnt check to see if I was credited there first.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:27 am 

Well, if you're still willing to help update the info... I only see one split from 2006, titled "Aryan Warmongers". So I take it there is one missing from 2008? Tracklist, release date, format, etc.?

Stormcrowned
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:42 am 

The track lengths of the two "aryan warmonger" tracks are identical to the two in question that i have rough rhythm tracks that I tracked the bass to. I can't be 100% sure until I can find mp3s of this split, but I'm quite positive those are the uncredited tracks I recorded.

Stormcrowned
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:46 am 

I think I confused the timeframe - the archives are complete as far as I know. Those two releases were the only ones I played on.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:51 am 

ok, thanks.

Reply to topic