Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:58 am 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

This spreadsheet contains a list of artist pages that are linked to a band as a full member via a release, but do not show up in the actual main lineup. This is usually because they're members that were added incompletely before we set things up in such a way that you cannot add artists as full members to albums without also adding them to the main lineup. Sometimes they're duplicates of already added artists, sometimes they are actually guests only, sometimes they're live musicians on a live album that should be moved to the session/guest tab instead.

The link is editable, so please delete any rows you've taken care of. Thanks.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:57 pm 

I searched for the first artist "Ladd", apparently added by Doomsday in 2014. In this particular case, I have no information on the submitting user's sources nor could I find any other website mentioning "Ladd" as a member or guest of the album. What should we do in any case like this one when unsure? Do we move the artist to guest/session members, delete from line-up or just leave the page as is?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:12 pm 

My first instinct was to say to move them to the guest/session tab, but on further deliberation it actually seems more logical to me to just add a proper main lineup entry for those. In my experience it's often the case that these actually are full members, and not guests mistakenly added to the wrong tab. Sometimes there will be duplicates, but still better to have a duplicate in the main lineup as opposed to a main member confusingly in the guest tab.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:29 pm 

Okay, here is the example from the very first on the list:
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/C ... Age/426344

The artist in question only played on the 8 tracks in the remastered edition. Are we saying that the artist should be added to the main line-up of the band as a past member so that they appear in the "Original line-up" instead, even in this particular case where it isn't known if the artist in question was a guest or full member? And I doubt we will have much info for many artists on that list. I am hesitant to start chipping away at the list if in any case I am turning misinformation into misinformation presented in a different way.

Reply to topic