Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Lord_Brendan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:59 am 

Sorry if there is somewhere else I am meant to post this. I have had a look around but maybe I missed it?

Anyway, what should be done about dead links such as labels and old websites?

An example would be on Ildra's page http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ildra/28826 where the label Heidens Hart is now a dead link. Old Legend is also dead (Merchandise)
Hmm, I actually wouldn't mind buying him a sauna if it would reduce the odds of me getting infected by his excess sensitive-skin flakes that get blown off in the wind. I don't want to turn into a cunt.

Duisterling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:19 am 

I happened to chance on this thread--I'll leave the answering of your question to a mod, but I've fixed that Heidens Hart link. It's still an active label, he just switched to another page. So if anyone wonders why the link suddenly works it's because of me, the OP wasn't wrong.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:04 pm 

Hm, it seems I missed this thread. If you do come across broken links, please file a report on the bandpage and send us the new working link/s (unless of course they're not there, in which case we'll just delete the links), problem solved.

If it's an old band website, a lot of the time you can still find information from them using archive.org (http://archive.org/web/), and links that use the Wayback Machine should be put in the related links under "Website @ archive.org".

And finally, I'm not a mod, so please don't mistake me for one. :)

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:40 pm 

Yeah, this^.

Reply to topic