Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
______
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:57 pm 

Not much really more to add, something dark, but a with a little more stuff going on than the usual dark ambient. Yeah pisspoor description but any help is greatly appreciated.

Ice_As_Steel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:35 am 

Yeah, I wish there was more stuff like this out there... Unfortunately Nuclear Holocausto is a genius and his work cannot be replicated by mortals...

Anyway, the closest approximation of the power of EDS you can get from metalhead ambient is Cyber Baphomet's "Directory 'Human' Delete" (which has a lot of Puissance too) and the closest approximation of it's mysticism is Koan's "Frontiers". Neither are exactly like it, but both are hands down masterpieces in their own right, though, so no need to sperg out and commit suicide (not that I'm trying to dissuade you if you ever want to).

[EDIT]: and, hell, "Demon's Advance" from "Engram" is better than EDS. So get that album ASAP if you haven't already.

______
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:46 pm 

Thanks. That Cyber Baphomet really hit the spot. Not as good as Electric Doom Synthesis, but more than adequate. I still haven't listened to Engram but I've meaning to get on that so you're recommendation has given me a little more of an impetus do so. Thank you again.

Ice_As_Steel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:00 pm 

Glad to help.

Transphilvanian
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:09 pm 

This is probably fairly obvious but you should try other black metal musicians ambient projects.
Stuff like Burzum's two ambient albums, Fenriz's Neptune Towers Project and Lord Wind (Darken) may provide interesting to you. These are not necessarily as dark as EDS, but give off a similar "black metal" feeling more akin to the musicians main projects.

Reply to topic