Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
poormouth100
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:42 pm 

EvergreenSherbert wrote:
I want fast black metal with punk influence. NOT fusion stuff like Devil Master. Just black metal with fast punk beats.

Such as:
Spoiler: show

Give Arnaut Pavle a listen. Ferocious black metal with a heavy punk influence.

werewolfgraveyard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:15 am 

Can anyone recommend modern bands that have that old school black metal feel? None of that hifi blackened thrash/speed metal stuff like Witchery or Midnight, more along the lines of Bathory's Under the Sign of the Black Mark, Root's Zjevení, or Mortuary Drape's All the Witches Dance, or Amen Corner's Fall Ascencion Domination. Less blast beats, more mid-paced and yet raw type stuff.

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:00 pm 

werewolfgraveyard wrote:
Can anyone recommend modern bands that have that old school black metal feel? None of that hifi blackened thrash/speed metal stuff like Witchery or Midnight, more along the lines of Bathory's Under the Sign of the Black Mark, Root's Zjevení, or Mortuary Drape's All the Witches Dance, or Amen Corner's Fall Ascencion Domination. Less blast beats, more mid-paced and yet raw type stuff.

check out black goat from russia.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

mike_87
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:45 am 

been a long while since i asked for recommendations, so anyone got any high quality black metal lately thats blast heavy? As i love the very fast stuff. Last I heard that was new was Tsjuders new album which was brilliant, but im not into their copy cat bands like Beastcraft or Urgehal. I'm quite an Infernal War/1349 etc kinda guy :) but am also picky as hell i mean i own an awful lot of cds now. And it is genuinely hard to find black metal today at the standard Tsjuder play at and as I said i tend to avoid direct copies.

SafassThin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:22 pm 

mike_87 wrote:
been a long while since i asked for recommendations, so anyone got any high quality black metal lately thats blast heavy? As i love the very fast stuff. Last I heard that was new was Tsjuders new album which was brilliant, but im not into their copy cat bands like Beastcraft or Urgehal. I'm quite an Infernal War/1349 etc kinda guy :) but am also picky as hell i mean i own an awful lot of cds now. And it is genuinely hard to find black metal today at the standard Tsjuder play at and as I said i tend to avoid direct copies.

The last albums by Handful of hate and Otargos were good if you missed them.
Very melodic BM but with a lot of speed and blasts you got Sühnopfer.
I think it's rude to tell Urgehal a copycat, they have their own touch i think.

mike_87
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:03 am 

SafassThin wrote:
mike_87 wrote:

The last albums by Handful of hate and Otargos were good if you missed them.
Very melodic BM but with a lot of speed and blasts you got Sühnopfer.
I think it's rude to tell Urgehal a copycat, they have their own touch i think.

Suhnopfer never heard of them and there was me thinking i was very familiar with the french scene! Whats your fav album by them? Yeah if theres alot of melody and blasts i should enjoy italot

SafassThin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 12:52 pm 

Offertoire and Hic Regnant Borbonii Manes are equally brilliant, but the latter has a more modern production that puts it a cut above.
If you like fast, melodic BM with a medieval edge, Artefact is for you if you don't already know them. They're pretty prog too, you should know. All three albums are great, with the production evolution that goes with it.

jojoisnt
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:32 pm 

give me some esoteric/little known black metal which is extremely violent sounding, if anyone knows of anything that could come under this quota that would be great~!

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:34 am 

speaking of blasty french BM, do you know crystalium? they're all at least good, but de aeternitate realy hits the spot for me.
also I'm sure you know the swedish "norsecore" gang? talking about the sundsvall connection, that is setherial, blot mine, sorghegard etc. (this one is crossing into war metal territory), and in battle and niden div. 187 of course.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

SafassThin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:58 am 

into_the_pit wrote:
speaking of blasty french BM, do you know crystalium? they're all at least good, but de aeternitate realy hits the spot for me.

Yeah I was very close to quote Crystalium. Their new band K amon K is also excellent, but with more room for atmospheric parts.

Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:09 am 

mike_87 wrote:
Yeah if theres alot of melody and blasts i should enjoy italot

If that's the case you should listen to the new Helleruin, it's a beast.

https://youtu.be/ub4a4jOqrYU

Also the most recent Seth album if you haven't heard it already. Surprisingly good for a band closing in on 30 years with the same core members.

https://youtu.be/U5JpYsaPRBk

mike_87
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:49 pm 

into_the_pit wrote:
also I'm sure you know the swedish "norsecore" gang? talking about the sundsvall connection, that is setherial, blot mine, sorghegard etc. (this one is crossing into war metal territory), and in battle and niden div. 187 of course.

I know some Setherial, just actually downloaded Blot Mines albums too!! before you even posted the message, a guy sent me a long list of bands from sweden some years ago but not in touch with him anymore so still have to prompt recommendations on here

mike_87
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:52 pm 

Inspector_Satan wrote:
mike_87 wrote:
Yeah if theres alot of melody and blasts i should enjoy italot

If that's the case you should listen to the new Helleruin, it's a beast.

https://youtu.be/ub4a4jOqrYU

Also the most recent Seth album if you haven't heard it already. Surprisingly good for a band closing in on 30 years with the same core members.

https://youtu.be/U5JpYsaPRBk

Black metal from Netherlands eh, im often looking for black metal from unusual countries thats high quality. Only other band i know from Netherlands is Cirith Gorgor. Many say an Icelandic scene has emerged in recent years but from what ive heard so far nothing clicked that much with me.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:02 am 

Looking for more heavy metal-inspired black metal with a raw production. So far I know Malokarpatan's Stridžie Dni, but surely there must be more examples of this?

coupdebleus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:16 pm 

Obvious (MH, Root, Tormentor) recs aside, perhaps try Flames of Hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGHSHUj3IsU (brace yourself, it’s quite something)

Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:05 am 

Early Blackheim band, their first 2 albums are worth a listen to but have a much more polished production.

poormouth100
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:38 pm 

colin040 wrote:
Looking for more heavy metal-inspired black metal with a raw production. So far I know Malokarpatan's Stridžie Dni, but surely there must be more examples of this?

Chained and Desperate - Oracles From the Neitherworld

Great Hellenic black metal demo with some trad influence in the melodic guitar riffs. The production isn't painfully raw or anything but it's certainly demo quality.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:00 am 

Wasn't really feeling those kinds of bands, but I appreciate the effort.

I'd advise you to hold off on what is likely to be a negative review and give this album the perspective it deserves.

RickJames
Future Drone Librarian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:43 pm 

colin040 wrote:

Are you familar with Vlad Tepes (Fra) at all?

CrypticMonk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:00 pm 

Funeral Mist's "Salvation" and Marduk's "Romans 5:12" are some of my favorite albums. They are incredibly dark and haunting albums, and I love the atmosphere (disappointed Marduk moved away from this atmosphere). I've never been able to find anything that comes close, and maybe it doesn't exist, but just thought I would ask and see...

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:34 pm 

ms8 wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for black metal bands that sounds like Thorns. Blatant rip-offs are 100% fine to me.

To be more specific, I am not looking for cold/mechanical/industrial black metal bands (e.g., Mysticum, mid-era Satyricon, or even The Deathtrip), nor for anything original (e.g., DHG). I am simply looking for bands that imitate Thorn's guitar sound and riffs. If they go after the early stuff (demos), with no industrial tone, that would actually be even better.

I would imagine that within the endless strem of bands and digital releases, something like that should exist.

Some times ago, I seem to remember I found a group like that on bandcamp, but forgot to take note of the name.

Thank you in advance for any reccomendation.

I am aware this was a while ago already, but I've just remembered something else in this vein: la division mentale - l'extase des fous. I don't know about their other releases, but check this out anyway.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:26 pm 

colin040 wrote:

I know this is a month out but relistening to last year's Negative Plane album and realized this might be what you're looking for. There really isn't anyone that sounds like Malokarpatan but I guess you say that about Negative Plane as well. They both have pretty obvious traditional heavy metal influences.

A Work to Stand A Thousand Years

Spiderlix
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:35 pm 

Anyone knows Black metal bands that sounds like Bathory debut?

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 3:59 am 

Umm yeah. These guys.

Born For Burning - The Ritual

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tc9j0VL1Qg

My collection

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:23 am 

Spiderlix wrote:
Anyone knows Black metal bands that sounds like Bathory debut?

check this one out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfASNHUfHD8
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

Earthshine
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:37 pm 

Can anyone identify this band? The riff sounds good.

https://imgur.io/pjluQbJ

Lane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:35 am 

^ Looks like Satan Claus is on the mic. Sorry I do not know this, though. Sounds tad like Hecate Enthroned...

Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:50 pm 

Drowning the Light, not sure what song but this is reminiscent of a lot of their work.

Edit:
Here is the full video

Grimbeard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:34 am 

CrypticMonk wrote:
Funeral Mist's "Salvation" and Marduk's "Romans 5:12" are some of my favorite albums. They are incredibly dark and haunting albums, and I love the atmosphere (disappointed Marduk moved away from this atmosphere). I've never been able to find anything that comes close, and maybe it doesn't exist, but just thought I would ask and see...

I got you, give Horde of Hel's Blodskam a try.

HappyBoiStinks
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:52 pm 

I'm trying to find alternatives to the project "Junta" by Hollow Serpent Tooth.

From what I can gather, Hollow Serpent Tooth is an NSBM project, which I am opposed to. However, unfortunately, their music speaks to me a great deal. In specific, the sort of "poppy" songwriting style of Junta (the description of the attached video sums it up well) isn't something I have found often in black metal, and to me, it's VERY good. Like, some of these riffs wouldn't be out of place on an indie/alt-rock album.

I'm fine with bands that have sketchy people but non-sketch lyrics, as I can just listen to those through "other" methods.

Any help is appreciated!

each song has that style I mentioned, but the highlight of the style I'm talking about is found on the second song, "II. For the Lawless: The Rotten Bones Are Trembling", along with "III. For Outlaws: Caput Lupinum"

https://youtu.be/byPkVJ2j7PQ?si=D0SJsjcv_HKyh3lZ&t=94

SanPeron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:00 pm 

Albums or bands that sound like this? Is black metal but a lot more guitar-driven and with an old-school feel like Venom, Bathory, Hellhammer, and Celtic Frost but with the black metal canon of the genre.

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:22 am 

SanPeron wrote:
Albums or bands that sound like this? Is black metal but a lot more guitar-driven and with an old-school feel like Venom, Bathory, Hellhammer, and Celtic Frost but with the black metal canon of the genre.

Are you sure you posted the right video? Your description is nothing like Windir.

SanPeron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:31 am 

The Ardbeg Wizard wrote:
SanPeron wrote:

Are you sure you posted the right video? Your description is nothing like Windir.

At least for me this is clearly an evolution of the Bathory sound, mixed with some early stuff since is a lot more riff oriented than bands like Burzum or Darkthrone.

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 12:39 pm 

you could always try cor scorpii, who are some kind of continuation of windir, and loosely related stylistically.

you may also want to check out all those french medieval black metal bands like aorlhac, sühnopfer, vehemence etc. not 100% like windir, who were kinda unique anyway imo, but close enough.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

MeavyHetal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:12 pm 

Looking for Swedish style, blue/purple album cover melodic black metal in the vein of Dissection, Sacramentum, Thulcandra, Moribund Dawn, etc.

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:23 pm 

MeavyHetal wrote:
Looking for Swedish style, blue/purple album cover melodic black metal in the vein of Dissection, Sacramentum, Thulcandra, Moribund Dawn, etc.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/U ... wed/140401
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

severian
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:35 am 

Don't know if I should be asking this here or in the melodic death metal thread but I'm looking for some more albums/bands along the lines of Dissection, Sacramentum, Vinterland, and Dawn. I currently have Naglfar and Marduk on the list to get to - any others?

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:47 am 

I'm not sure why marduk would be on that list, but whatever. since you guys basically asked for the same recommendations, you may want to look into the following bands:

midvinter
vargavinter
unanimated
necrophobic
sargoth
thy primordial
algaion
mörk gryning maybe?
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

Lord Tempestuous
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:49 pm 

mike_87 wrote:

Definitely check out the latest Sammath, the best in this style:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsIbi5aTdJQ

Trenchant are like a mix between Angelcorpse esque death metal with Immortal Blizzard Beasts melody:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smPWC3TeJFs

jojoisnt wrote:
give me some esoteric/little known black metal which is extremely violent sounding, if anyone knows of anything that could come under this quota that would be great~!

Kaeck- Stormkult is a perfect example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXPGuDPO7_Q

CrypticMonk wrote:

Try some Paragon Impure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTVAgykjhY4

MeavyHetal wrote:

Does the artwork have to be blue/purple?

Thy Grief are Norwegian but firmly fit within the Swedish sound:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAg0Sk98k1E

Trimonium from Germany also do this but with a bit of Immortal/Finnish melodic BM influence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG1eKj_TNyw

severian wrote:
Don't know if I should be asking this here or in the melodic death metal thread but I'm looking for some more albums/bands along the lines of Dissection, Sacramentum, Vinterland, and Dawn. I currently have Naglfar and Marduk on the list to get to - any others?

Try some Polemicist and the stuff I rec'ed directly above^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5qWIk4Gr9U

into_the_pit wrote:
I'm not sure why marduk would be on that list, but whatever. since you guys basically asked for the same recommendations, you may want to look into the following bands:

Marduk's early albums have a lot of this sound, you can clearly tell their Swedishness.

Spiderlix
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:45 pm 

Guys,is it a good move listen to Abruptum?

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231  Next