Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:01 pm 

Moonsorrow's Verisäkeet and V: Hävitetty do aswell, they're my typical midsummer music. They're obviously not pure black metal though.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:22 pm 

Well there's this Nargaroth song called Sommer if you didn't know already.

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:29 pm 

This little gem from Lustre would probably fit, even though it's Spring themed rather than Summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DQCOgNBTmE

I'd like to see more stuff like this. Basarabian Hills is probably the closest I've found so far.

Last edited by balbulus on Tue May 28, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HerrDerQual
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:34 pm 

Can anyone recommend some symphonic black for me? I've begun to enjoy Emperor and Dimmu Borgir, and I just don't know who else there is. It would help most if it was more on the heavy side (Like early Emperor, not so much later Dimmu).

were they hot?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:53 pm 

Have you at least checked the similar artists pages? You can't be more entry level that. Anyway, check Limbonic Art.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Malthus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:19 pm 

HerrDerQual wrote:
Can anyone recommend some symphonic black for me? I've begun to enjoy Emperor and Dimmu Borgir, and I just don't know who else there is. It would help most if it was more on the heavy side (Like early Emperor, not so much later Dimmu).

Black Lotus. They were Canada's answer to early Borknagar, influenced by Emperor and other symphonic Norwegian bands.
I see you are from Canada, perhaps you already know them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-hVPajQe5A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXMrOhTW-TE&list=PL350DD6A633B60339

FaultyClockwork
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:33 pm 

HerrDerQual wrote:

I tend to avoid symphonic BM but I will second Limbonic Art (listen to Moon in the Scorpio) and also suggest Ceremonial Casting's Barbaric is the Beast. If you're looking for heavy the CC in particular should satisfy.

Last edited by FaultyClockwork on Wed May 29, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:50 pm 

HerrDerQual wrote:

The closer to Emperor you can get is Sirius:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wci8HtS-9r0

I also recommend Arcturus's Constellation and Aspera Hiems Symfonia. Not entirely similar, but Obtained Enslavement is an excellent choice to expand the symphonic black metal taste.

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:27 am 

HerrDerQual wrote:

Ceremonial Castings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zk0kx3YBwU

http://perpetualstrifemusic.blogspot.com/

FleshMonolith
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:00 am 

Looking for drone-y, lo-fi black metal with atmosphere and some kinda captivating melody like Urfaust's Einsiedler anything that can match the vocals would be extra great.

http://perpetualstrifemusic.blogspot.com/

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:32 am 

So, know any other bands like Verge, early Todtgelichter, Barshasketh and Wolfmond that essentially play melancholic black metal that isn't particularly lethargic, and especially not DSBM? These bands have a certain riffing style in common, so if you can figure that out, something like that would be good.

And really, I do mean melancholic, and I do mean black metal. Not Alcest, not Woods of Desolation, etc.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:29 am 

Urfaust is one of those bands I've known about forever but overlooked despite enjoying some of the stuff I heard from them. Similarly Baptism and Evil (Brazil) are two bands I've known about since the beginning of existence, but just finally realized how great they are... I figured out that in the case of Baptism and Evil I overlooked them due to the generic and forgettable name of their bands. I mean I could probably name 100 songs/albums that have the words baptism and evil in them so the 2 bands with those names kind of get lost in my head.

Anyway I just recently picked up the "Evil - Pure Black Evil" compilation and I'm lovin it more than mcdonalds right now. I think it might fit the drone-y lo-fi-ness you are looking for. If I didn't know what I was listening to I would swear it was some Finnish band that's a hybrid mix of Baptism and Forgjord. Drowning the Light's early stuff is some of the most lo-fi droney stuff you can find as well and I really don't think it's too DSBMish. As for that vocal style I don't think I really know of anything that matches, except maybe parts of earlier Arckanum albums. On a side note my 2 newest found bands that totally kick ass are Paria and Membaris both from Germany
Here's a few samples:

P.S. I hate mcdonalds

ToliFlesh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:58 am 

@UnrealReality

Thank you for the recs! I have Gallowbraid and I like them :P Not as much as Agalloch though.

Panflute
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:36 pm 

HerrDerQual wrote:

Check out Nokturnal Mortum's Voice of Steel. It is extremely tasteful folky/symphonic black metal with some top notch songwriting.

NJMike
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:32 pm 

Looking for more (post-)black metal that sounds like Lantlôs' self-titled album, particularly something that has these same kind of super angry German-ey black metal vocals.

Something like this, for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOyY1PafQ-s

http://www.last.fm/user/TheresTheMike

Funeral Frog
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:53 pm 

NJMike wrote:
Looking for more (post-)black metal that sounds like Lantlôs' self-titled album, particularly something that has these same kind of super angry German-ey black metal vocals.

I hope that these aren't too obvious...

Eisregen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R0SjIELMa8

Bethlehem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncO9lXdsD_Y (This guy's voice is incredible!)

Fäulnis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I48aucPuczc

EDIT I: Admittedly, I'm not too keen on what "Post" exactly means in "Post-Black". Is it better production? If so, I fucked up...
EDIT II: But the example was... whatever.

Wintermute (black metal, death metal, dark ambient)
https://wintermuteband.bandcamp.com/album/wolven

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:16 am 

NJMike wrote:

Hey NJMike, check out Sul Ad Astral's debut, pretty good piece of post black, maybe not just as agressive as early Lantlos but worth a listen all the same.

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/S%C ... 3540360771

Unmaker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:50 am 

Hello black wizards, I'm currently obsessing over Isenscur's debut Mónaþfylen and looking for recommendations that sound close to this

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:19 pm 

Unmaker wrote:
Hello black wizards, I'm currently obsessing over Isenscur's debut Mónaþfylen and looking for recommendations that sound close to this

Where can I find a sample of this band? Searching the band or album name on youtube is giving me unsatisfactory results :\ I'm currently half asleep at work and could use some music to keep me awake. If it reminds me of anything I'll let you know

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:36 pm 

Sick6Six, how do you find Monarque frorm Quebec? Seems like band you might enjoy.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:54 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Sick6Six, how do you find Monarque frorm Quebec? Seems like band you might enjoy.

Never heard of them but listening to a song from the new album right now and it's pretty good. I've become more accepting of keyboards lately at least when they aren't overpowering the rest of the music.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:50 pm 

Keyboards can be a turn-off, but I'd say they're generally less out of place in black metal than death metal, for example.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:39 pm 

Sick6Six wrote:
Never heard of them but listening to a song from the new album right now and it's pretty good. I've become more accepting of keyboards lately at least when they aren't overpowering the rest of the music.

I used to feel the same as you guys but over the years I have came to really accept them if played well. I think they can really enhance and create wonderful atmospheres not possible otherwise, eg Darkspace. I remember the album very clearly that changed my opinion of this forever, Burzum's 'Hvis Lyset...'. I bought the album as soon as it was released and it was clearly quite unlike anything else around at the time. I must admit I did not know what to think at the start due to the change in sound from the first few albums but after the album sunk in the effect it had on me changed my view on keyboards altogether. To this day it still remains Burzum's crown jewel. The awesome cover was perfect and rounded this off as the complete Burzum package. It was one of those rare moments were something new and unheard of blows your fucking socks off!

FaultyClockwork
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:40 pm 

Monarque are great! I felt the same way about excessive keyboards until a few days ago when the new Summoning made me reconsider my stance on symphonic black metal that isn't Emperor circa 1994.

Unmaker
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:33 am 

Sick6Six wrote:
Unmaker wrote:

Where can I find a sample of this band? Searching the band or album name on youtube is giving me unsatisfactory results :\ I'm currently half asleep at work and could use some music to keep me awake. If it reminds me of anything I'll let you know

There's a sample of one track on the Barghest website, which was the only material I could find online but as it says there it's not really representative of the diversity of the album, and maybe the worst track on its own. I bought the album based on http://www.lurkerspath.com/2013/02/18/isenscur-monathfylen/ this review and can highly recommend it.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:40 am 

Unmaker wrote:
There's a sample of one track on the Barghest website, which was the only material I could find online but as it says there it's not really representative of the diversity of the album, and maybe the worst track on its own. I bought the album based on http://www.lurkerspath.com/2013/02/18/isenscur-monathfylen/ this review and can highly recommend it.

Hmm not bad at all, it's got a kind of chaotic, raw atmosphere, but all fits together nicely. Just thinking of stuff I've been listening to recently it may be similar to Aosoth, Barshasketh, Ondskapt, Pact and any number of great Finnish bands like Horna or Forgjord.

FaultyClockwork wrote:
Monarque are great! I felt the same way about excessive keyboards until a few days ago when the new Summoning made me reconsider my stance on symphonic black metal that isn't Emperor circa 1994.

Yeah I am liking Monarque quite a bit. I don't see the new album for sale anywhere yet, but I may pick up a couple of the older ones. As for keyboards I have been listening to a lot of Paysage D'hiver and Darkspace lately which definitely benefit from the keys. A few other recent bands I've discovered use keys sparingly and to great effect. Also Lord Belial - Enter Moonlight Gate is one of my all time favorite albums, but a lot of that has to do with the sentimental value it has which reminds me of a much darker time in life.

The Nightmare Rider
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:37 pm 

Hey everyone. I'm fairly new to the Black metal side of things, so I'm looking for some more bands to get me into it. I'd like to find more Symphonic/Melodic Black metal bands since I enjoy that the most. Bands like Dimmu Borgir, Starkill, Saturnian, Immortal and Bal'Sagoth. Anything with more fantastical themes rather than the bread and butter "BLARGH SATAN" lyrics would be nice too.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:35 pm 

Have you listened to Emperor's In The Nightside Eclipse? That's a typical starter album for people into synth-heavy black metal, and it's a good gateway album because it actually uses black metal riffs unlike most of Dimmu Borgir, for example.

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:52 pm 

hello friends. Don't come to these parts too often but I have a query, and I'm afraid it isn't too specific as I'm mostly just looking for things I might have missed. I've discovered in the last while that I'm really interested in what I guess I could call "progressive" black metal, but I don't mean crazy stuff with lots of extra elements from multiple genres like Sigh, or anything like latterday Emperor. I guess what I mean is stuff that is recorded in a raw fashion like "normal" black metal, but which pulls in plenty of elements from elsewhere and isn't afraid to throw strange curves at the listener. I much prefer "organic", live sounding productions and don't really want a lot of synth at this time, although I am not necessarily against some keyboard additions. A perfect example of the sort of music I mean is Lugubrum, particularly their stuff from De Vette Kuicken onwards. just really twisted, off-kilter music that pulls in elements from jazz, folk music, blues and whatever the hell else they can think of but always sounds raw and mean and abrasive like black metal should. Other examples of stuff I have in my collection that fits the bill:

Forgotten Woods: lots of post-punk and garage rock influences, as I see it.

Ved Buens Ende: I guess they started a lot of this thing, and of course I love them.

Furze: Probably some of the most drugged-out music I've ever heard in the black metal spectrum. i have no idea how narcotised the Reaper really is but I can safely say that his music just screams "heavy and protracted use of psychedelics" to me. Musically, I really appreciate the heavy Sabbath influence.

Fleurety: Love the warm drum and bass sound and the almost gentle feel that comes from the progressive influences. Only their first album applies, though.

Potentiam: Really interesting stuff, especially organic sounding for a solo band/project. Some great riffs and songwriting ideas here.

Tulus: Love the groove in their music as well as the loud, almost "funky" sounding bass guitar. Ocasionally they'll do something really fucking oddball like throw wailing out-of-tune violins at you and it is somehow terrific. Haven't really checked out their newer stuff though and so far I'm mostly referring to their 90s material.

Glorior Belli: Haven't listened too much yet, but so far I'm rather impressed by their new ecclectic rock/black metal mixture.

kuxan Suum: A friend just introduced me to one mammoth 17-minute track from this band and I must say it's really interesting and highly psychedelic music, but recorded very live and raw sounding, which I love. some captivating melody and really nice use of guitar effects here.

Oransi Pazuzu: Yes, this works for me, although I guess I would prefer something with some more traditional sort of BM riffs at times. Really clever musicianship though, for sure, and a nice clean bass tone.

Someone recommended me the Danish band Molok but I have yet to find any of their stuff...

So, where next? I'll add bands to this list that I have/have listened to which I might have forgotten as I remember them and see if any of you can come up with more ideas.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:08 pm 

Enochian Crescent does it for me. The music isn't overly avant-garde, but they definitely weren't a normal black metal band. It's not particularly progressive or subtle in delivery like Ved Buens Ende, nor is it quite as maddened as Tulus, but it's rather odd. The production on all of their albums is unfortunately a rather typical studio job.

I'm not that much into the craziest of black metal bands. I tend to forget them as I discover them. Cloak of Altering is one of them, I don't like it much myself.

There's a very atmospheric black metal band called Shaidar Logoth that utilises a raw but massive sound. The music is quite majestic and somewhat experimental, but not particularly quirky (by which I mean it's very focused, rather than sprawling or random).

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:23 pm 

Ilwhyan, judging by the song someone posted in the Mini-Review thread quite some time ago, Cloak of Altering is exactlyt eh sort of thing I don't want. Just a wash of manic drums and keyboard noise. Not at all for me. Maybe they have different stuff but eh, no, nothing could be further from what I'm after here. :lol:

On the other hand i do remember listening too Enochian Crescent and somewhat enjoying them. Maybe I should try again? I seem to remember the vocalist putting me off at times though...

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:31 pm 

Personally, I like the vocalist. Here are two song links, the first is a manic, energetic song, and the second a more atmospheric number. Just one song wouldn't really do the band's diversity justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQBhu9CGYSs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xitdVtmu51s

Regarding Cloak of Altering, I don't honestly even remember much about their sound, except that I could barely make it through half a song.

FaultyClockwork
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:41 pm 

Unmaker wrote:

I'm with Sick6Six. I get an Aosoth vibe from this, you'd probably dig them.

Sick6Six wrote:
Yeah I am liking Monarque quite a bit. I don't see the new album for sale anywhere yet, but I may pick up a couple of the older ones. As for keyboards I have been listening to a lot of Paysage D'hiver and Darkspace lately which definitely benefit from the keys. A few other recent bands I've discovered use keys sparingly and to great effect. Also Lord Belial - Enter Moonlight Gate is one of my all time favorite albums, but a lot of that has to do with the sentimental value it has which reminds me of a much darker time in life.

Love Paysage as well. I've always loved sparing use of keys (probably comes from loving Filosofem, I meant more that I've been warming to symphonic scale synth use. Have you heard the latest Paysage d'Hiver album, Das Tor? It's one of my favorites of the year. I've never actually listened to Lord Belial, but I feel like I should. Is that their best?

The Nightmare Rider wrote:
Hey everyone. I'm fairly new to the Black metal side of things, so I'm looking for some more bands to get me into it. I'd like to find more Symphonic/Melodic Black metal bands since I enjoy that the most. Bands like Dimmu Borgir, Starkill, Saturnian, Immortal and Bal'Sagoth. Anything with more fantastical themes rather than the bread and butter "BLARGH SATAN" lyrics would be nice too.

Summoning sounds right up your alley. Limbonic Art are a possibility as well. Of course, Emperor's In the Nightside Eclipse is vital as well, as is their self-titled EP.

Guitarpro77889
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:17 pm 

HerrDerQual wrote:

Alghazanth
Anorexia Nervosa
The Bishop of Hexen
Borgazûr
Carach Angren
Dark End
Dark Forest
Ecthirion
Far Beyond
Followbane
Gothërfall
Kataxu
Kråke
Limbonic Art
Mirrorthrone
Moonspell
Nephesh
Obsidian Gate
Obtained Enslavement
Odium
Saturnian
Sear Bliss
Shade Empire
Sinister Frost
Sirius
Slechtvalk
Stormlord
Tartaros
Tvangeste
Vesania
Vesperian Sorrow

that should keep you occupied for a while

balbulus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:25 am 

Abominatrix, you may be intetested in Vediog Svaor, French BM with some bizarre psychedelic/prog tendencies. I always mentally group them with the likes of Fleurety and Ved Buenes Ende. The production may not have that organic feel you're after, however.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioapusnNY7E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRQ_n1RhInY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfgGgUfDenE

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:24 am 

balbulus wrote:
Abominatrix, you may be intetested in Vediog Svaor, French BM with some bizarre psychedelic/prog tendencies. I always mentally group them with the likes of Fleurety and Ved Buenes Ende. The production may not have that organic feel you're after, however.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioapusnNY7E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRQ_n1RhInY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfgGgUfDenE

Aha, yes, I was wondering if this band would come up. I listened to them a long time ago and to my chagrin didn't really care for it. Part of the reason is that, yes, the production is very disconnected from that of an actual band playing. Music also tended to meander in a way that I didn't find all that appealing. maybe I will give them another try though. Thanks...

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:44 am 

FaultyClockwork wrote:

Love Paysage as well. I've always loved sparing use of keys (probably comes from loving Filosofem, I meant more that I've been warming to symphonic scale synth use. Have you heard the latest Paysage d'Hiver album, Das Tor? It's one of my favorites of the year. I've never actually listened to Lord Belial, but I feel like I should. Is that their best?

Yeah I got the digibook of Das Tor a couple weeks ago and it's absolutely amazing. I had to put it on the shelf and give it a rest so I don't wear it out. As for Lord Belial I would probably say Moonlight Gate is their best followed by either Unholy Crusade or Kiss the Goat
This song from Unholy Crusade is so fucking epic
Spoiler: show

Here's a couple of my favs from Moonlight Gate

As for that big list of symphonic BM what about Dark Fortress? Of course one of my favorite songs "Blood of the Templars" is not on youtube, but here's another

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:51 pm 

Abominatrix: I remembered two bands you might want to check out. Firstly Charnel Winds. I can't say for certain what their influences are apart from black metal, but they definitely aren't typical.

Secondly, Jumalhämärä. Their full-length Resignaatio sounds to me like an amalgamation of black metal and Do Make Say Think (who are nominally post-rock, but far too original and inventive to be considered typical for the genre - there is rock, jazz, blues and things I can't even name). Rest assured, the music is extremely dark and oppressive at times. Even their mellower songs are driven by melancholy, and the black metal parts are very gloomy and intense.

Neither band has sterile production.

Charnel Winds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlAm-uHBDlk
Jumalhämärä (this is a very long one, because it's actually two tracks on the album): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIASMitqbkg -

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:00 pm 

Yeah, Jumalhämärä are a cool band.

I'd like to hear something in the same vein of Ruins of Beverast's Unlock The Shrine. Something with lots of bizarre twists and experimentation, even some eerie psychedelia that's very dark and still feels like real black metal (read: not looking for "post"-black).

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:48 pm 

Abominatrix wrote:
hello friends. Don't come to these parts too often but I have a query, and I'm afraid it isn't too specific as I'm mostly just looking for things I might have missed. I've discovered in the last while that I'm really interested in what I guess I could call "progressive" black metal, but I don't mean crazy stuff with lots of extra elements from multiple genres like Sigh, or anything like latterday Emperor. I guess what I mean is stuff that is recorded in a raw fashion like "normal" black metal, but which pulls in plenty of elements from elsewhere and isn't afraid to throw strange curves at the listener. I much prefer "organic", live sounding productions and don't really want a lot of synth at this time, although I am not necessarily against some keyboard additions. A perfect example of the sort of music I mean is Lugubrum, particularly their stuff from De Vette Kuicken onwards. just really twisted, off-kilter music that pulls in elements from jazz, folk music, blues and whatever the hell else they can think of but always sounds raw and mean and abrasive like black metal should. Other examples of stuff I have in my collection that fits the bill:

Forgotten Woods: lots of post-punk and garage rock influences, as I see it.

Ved Buens Ende: I guess they started a lot of this thing, and of course I love them.

Furze: Probably some of the most drugged-out music I've ever heard in the black metal spectrum. i have no idea how narcotised the Reaper really is but I can safely say that his music just screams "heavy and protracted use of psychedelics" to me. Musically, I really appreciate the heavy Sabbath influence.

Fleurety: Love the warm drum and bass sound and the almost gentle feel that comes from the progressive influences. Only their first album applies, though.

Potentiam: Really interesting stuff, especially organic sounding for a solo band/project. Some great riffs and songwriting ideas here.

Tulus: Love the groove in their music as well as the loud, almost "funky" sounding bass guitar. Ocasionally they'll do something really fucking oddball like throw wailing out-of-tune violins at you and it is somehow terrific. Haven't really checked out their newer stuff though and so far I'm mostly referring to their 90s material.

Glorior Belli: Haven't listened too much yet, but so far I'm rather impressed by their new ecclectic rock/black metal mixture.

kuxan Suum: A friend just introduced me to one mammoth 17-minute track from this band and I must say it's really interesting and highly psychedelic music, but recorded very live and raw sounding, which I love. some captivating melody and really nice use of guitar effects here.

Oransi Pazuzu: Yes, this works for me, although I guess I would prefer something with some more traditional sort of BM riffs at times. Really clever musicianship though, for sure, and a nice clean bass tone.

Someone recommended me the Danish band Molok but I have yet to find any of their stuff...

So, where next? I'll add bands to this list that I have/have listened to which I might have forgotten as I remember them and see if any of you can come up with more ideas.

Funny that you mentioned Potentiam as that was the band I had stuck in my head while reading your post! In The Woods... Abomimatrix, would they be too obvious, classic band, love the debut. Maybe Sólstafir's 'Masterpiece..." album might be something you could relate to. I hope I am on the right path here.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84 ... 231  Next