Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Aeonblade
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:54 am 

SkullfulOfSludge wrote:
Looking for non-Viking BM with a bit of an "ethnic"/"folk" vibe, like Melechesh, or to use a DM example, Nile.

Might want to try Odious - Mirror of Vibrations. Egyptian band with folk elements.

MGSX666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:23 am 

Aeonblade wrote:
SkullfulOfSludge wrote:
Looking for non-Viking BM with a bit of an "ethnic"/"folk" vibe, like Melechesh, or to use a DM example, Nile.

Might want to try Odious - Mirror of Vibrations. Egyptian band with folk elements.

I heard they are like Dissection but with Middle Eastern melodies instead of the cold sound, is that true?
Incantation for breakfast, fuck yeah. You wake up and then it's Onward to Chocula.

Aeonblade
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:52 pm 

MGSX666 wrote:
Aeonblade wrote:
SkullfulOfSludge wrote:

I heard they are like Dissection but with Middle Eastern melodies instead of the cold sound, is that true?

They're pretty melodic, but I don't think they focus as much on lead guitar melodies as Dissection do. They use a lot of Middle Eastern instruments as well.

unclevladistav
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:25 pm 

unclevladistav wrote:
Looking for sludgy black metal, like Alkerdeel. Basically lo-fi production (but good enough that you can hear everything), and a combination of fast black metal riffs (somtimes sludgy and somtimes almost droning, hypnotic and repetitive), and slower sludge/doom riffs.

http://www.myspace.com/alkerdeel666
^A good example of what I'm looking for, check out "Verdesteleweern" or "Horsesaw" off Alkerdeel's myspace.

CarroArmato91
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:28 am 

FredGarvin wrote:
CarroArmato91 wrote:
I'm looking for thrashy BM like Destroyer666 and Bestial Mockery, any suggestions? ^_^

Sauron:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKGQgCgp ... re=related

Also, here's another thread with some suggestions:

http://metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=66702

wow, that topic's a fucking gold mine. thank you man :headbang:
No, I really have crucified mallcore kids. It's what I do in my spare time.

It's true. Empyreal's post count - 1 for every slain mallcore marmite reject.

VindictiveSecondSoul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:22 pm 

hey, i guess this is the place to ask this, so...

im looking for something slow/ eerie, sort of ambient. with long songs (at least 7 min) but that also has very heavy parts that creep in.

heres some stuff i like to give you an idea of what im looking for:

Ahab, ColdWorld, Einherjer, Negura Bunget, Nokturnal Mortum, Nortt, etc.

i dont know much others, so any suggestion is helpfull.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:40 pm 

VindictiveSecondSoul wrote:

im looking for something slow/ eerie, sort of ambient. with long songs (at least 7 min) but that also has very heavy parts that creep in.

Try Lustre, slow and repeatative atmospheric black metal, good stuff. Here is a link to the first half of night spirit -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9-DkrqZ7uQ

VindictiveSecondSoul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:46 pm 

STORMM wrote:

Try Lustre, slow and repeatative atmospheric black metal, good stuff. Here is a link to the first half of night spirit -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9-DkrqZ7uQ

that was good, thanks ill check more of them out

im also liking Shining, so more stuff like that would be helpfull too.

Winterkald
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:25 am 

If you like Shining then you could check out 'Den Saakaldte'. And also chekc out 'Darkspace', that what you're looking for.
Good transactions/trades/buys with: Pestbeule (2x), Leizla (2x), Velvet_Creation, Lauben, dcd666, Dolor666, Luror, schsid, kkrrizzzzz, sadlegend, DOM_fecifectum, hewhay, Phallelujah, MalignantThrone, Greyskys, obscure plasma.

mckickflip
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:48 am 

What are some good albums that are similar to the latest Darkthrone album?

Perplexed_Sjel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:53 am 

Winterkald wrote:
If you like Shining then you could check out 'Den Saakaldte'.

TRAGEDIENS TRONE. No one ever listens to me when I recommend them. They're a lot like Shining. Also, Sweden's Svart. His first album is a mixture of Shining and Forgotten Tomb.

M3TALMANIAC750
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:49 pm 

Something popped into my head regarding the so called proto-black metal or first wave of black metal bands, there are only a handful that are mentioned like Celtic Frost, Venom, Bathory etc. I would like to listen to bands like this on the border of thrash/black metal but ones that are lesser known and maybe a little closer to actual black metal than them.

VindictiveSecondSoul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:42 pm 

M3TALMANIAC750 wrote:
Something popped into my head regarding the so called proto-black metal or first wave of black metal bands, there are only a handful that are mentioned like Celtic Frost, Venom, Bathory etc. I would like to listen to bands like this on the border of thrash/black metal but ones that are lesser known and maybe a little closer to actual black metal than them.

sounds interesting, id like to see what people recomend for this as well.

BlackenedThrasher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:51 pm 

mckickflip wrote:
What are some good albums that are similar to the latest Darkthrone album?

Look up Noia, Murk, and Hell Darkness
pretty raw black/punk similar to Darkthrone's latest album

samrit86
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:07 am 

GrimSleaper wrote:
My brother has recently been getting into bands like Wolves in the Throne Room, Forest Stream, and Agalloch. I want to get him into other black metal bands but he is Christian and most of the music I have that isnt Satanic or overly dark in nature I have already given him. Can you reccomend me some black metal in any subgenre that has themes about nature and maybe death/sadness but not so far as reaching Satanic or anti christian vibes? Hopefully I can bust his christcherry but I don't want to be an obvious douchebag about it.

Altar of Plagues
Drudkh
Weakling

samrit86
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:10 am 

Trist (Germany)
Fauna ( Rain album)
Njiqahdda (Nji. Njiijn. Njiiijn. album)

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:01 pm 

M3TALMANIAC750 wrote:

do you know NME? pretty close to venom in sound, just a lot sloppier (and cooler). check out the demo + unholy death.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:03 pm 

do you know the early tapes of thorns (NOR), grymyrk and trondertun? you might like them, really slow and eerie stuff. all the stuff was rereleased a while ago by khyrck.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

CosmicFury
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:27 pm 

I'm looking for anything similar to Abhorers Zygotical Sabbatory Anabapt. Perfect utilization of the black/thrash/death elements, imo

much thanks!

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:43 pm 

Snowgrave wrote:
The_Apex_of_Collapse wrote:
Hey fellas, I am very much enjoying some blackened Metal bands who incorporate a blend of Black, and oldschool metal. Something like Devil lee Rot, or 'I' is what I am looking for here. Pure Blackened metal taking inspiration from the legendary decade and its Nwobhm/speed/trad beginnings. Anything else fit this query?

Cheers

Check out Wizzard (Fin)'s last two albums...should be what you're looking for.

Thanks, man. Will check them out!

______
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:14 pm 

DenialFiend wrote:
Any requests in the vein of Dodsferd (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2rlb9JPZPM)?

I don't think anyone's replied to you yet so I'll give it go. I haven't listened to Dodsferd in awhile but for some reason Craft comes to mind in terms of similar bands but you've probably heard of them if you've heard of Dodsferd. Also worth a look would be Morte Incandescente from Portugal. Nice and raw like Dodsferd.

VindictiveSecondSoul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:33 pm 

im liking the stuff you guys have been suggesting. songs that are half and hour, or even an hour long i can get into.

Zarrix
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:30 am 

Would be nice if I could obtain some recommendations that are in the vein of Blut Aus Nord and Deathspell Omega. Intense, but well thought out black metal.

Also some more obscure bands that are quite simular to Agalloch and Drudkh, Atmospheric Black Metal with high emphasis on atmosphere.

M3TALMANIAC750
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:02 pm 

Zarrix wrote:
Would be nice if I could obtain some recommendations that are in the vein of Blut Aus Nord and Deathspell Omega. Intense, but well thought out black metal.

Also some more obscure bands that are quite simular to Agalloch and Drudkh, Atmospheric Black Metal with high emphasis on atmosphere.

I'm interested in this too, because i loooove drudkh's autumn aurora album.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:41 pm 

Please find me a reliable online distro that carries any Bilskirnir cds. And I'm also looking for Askival. Much obliged.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:38 pm 

marktheviktor wrote:
Please find me a reliable online distro that carries any Bilskirnir cds. And I'm also looking for Askival. Much obliged.

Seen Askival's cd in superal music Mark and by the looks of things its still there, quite hard to find now, but a brilliant album indeed. They also have a Bilskirnir split cd.

https://www.supernalmusic.com/Actinic/s ... 22#aDTB022

Winterkald
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:02 pm 

marktheviktor wrote:
Please find me a reliable online distro that carries any Bilskirnir cds.

Heidens Hart, Blazing Productions, Merchant of Death.
Good transactions/trades/buys with: Pestbeule (2x), Leizla (2x), Velvet_Creation, Lauben, dcd666, Dolor666, Luror, schsid, kkrrizzzzz, sadlegend, DOM_fecifectum, hewhay, Phallelujah, MalignantThrone, Greyskys, obscure plasma.

DenialFiend
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:36 pm 

______ wrote:
DenialFiend wrote:
Any requests in the vein of Dodsferd (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2rlb9JPZPM)?

I don't think anyone's replied to you yet so I'll give it go. I haven't listened to Dodsferd in awhile but for some reason Craft comes to mind in terms of similar bands but you've probably heard of them if you've heard of Dodsferd. Also worth a look would be Morte Incandescente from Portugal. Nice and raw like Dodsferd.

Wow dude, I hadn't checked out neither Craft nor Morte Incandescente. Good bands, both of them, but:

-Morte Incandescente's sound is too harsch for what I'm looking for. It has to do with the production, not the music itself, which honestly I found pretty good.

-Craft are closer to my tastes, even though they're not quick enough (e.g. check this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2rlb9JPZPM . It's holy fucking insane how quickly he's playing and how much misanthropism his songs carry); at least for what I'm loooking for within this request.

To specify a bit, Nadiwrath (side project of Wrath) is a good example. You can have a look here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYhb5aLp ... re=related. Also, Carpathian Forest's songs could fit the request, but I'm already aware of them.
Anyway thanks for your post, and the two bands which I came up with.

Zarrix
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:17 am 

M3TALMANIAC750 wrote:

That is one brilliant album. The First Snow would have to be one of my favourite pieces of music, ever.

gravlagtieljudne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:42 am 

M3TALMANIAC750 wrote:
Zarrix wrote:

you can't go wrong with Wyrd, maybe start with Huldrafolk

mckickflip
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:26 pm 

reccomend more atmospheric black metal acts! i am trying to find more bands like:

evilfeast
neige & noirceur
paysage d'hiver
moon (aus)
sieghetnar
triumphator

Winterkald
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:41 pm 

As for Evilfeast, check out 'Kataxu - Roots Thunder'. Also check out 'Gontyna Kry - Welowie', great atmospheric BM.

Eli_the_Destroyer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:55 pm 

For atmospheric black metal, i cannot recomment Chaos Moon enough. Also Coldworld, Enmerkar, Grim Funeral, Lunar Aurora, Nox Inferi, and Walknut. These are some of my personal favorites.

Winterkald
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:36 pm 

Eli_the_Destroyer wrote:
For atmospheric black metal, i cannot recomment Chaos Moon enough. Also Coldworld, Enmerkar, Grim Funeral, Lunar Aurora, Nox Inferi, and Walknut. These are some of my personal favorites.

Coldworld and Lunar Aurora are seconded. Another (standard) recommendation is Darkspace or Drudkh. Or Agalloch (their first album is the most BM). I also suggest 'Drowning the Light' (check out 'An Alignment of Dead Stars'). Blazebirth hall are also good. Minimalistic BM from russia, check out: Forest - Like a Blaze Above the Ashes (but really the first four albums), Branikald their first six albums and Raven Dark their first two albums. I can go on for a while but I think you're busy enough now as it is, haha.

And Dimmu Borgir - Stormblast. HIGHLY recommended!!!

EDIT: And also 'The Ruins of Beverast'. You should just buy all three album blind, but just check them out. Listen to the albums in chronological order. 'Rain Upon the Impure' is the best. You will have to get past the, what seems to be the first time you listen to it after their debut, shitty production. Pure brilliance!!!!

pestilent_god
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:18 am 

I'm trying to get into some doomish shit lately, I'm already liking some doom\death bands, so I'd like some doom\black estravaganza, slow as a dead old couple fucking in a meat freezer. Ok, maybe not that slow...

Actually I'm digging Hooded Menace a lot, so something that slow would be nice, can vary the tempo here and there, no clean singing, and if possible, a little vocal chaos, like some aleatory screaming around, just some "GAHHHHHAHHHHHWAHHHHHHHHGHHHHBOBSAGET".

And at least a decent production, obviously not some shiny piece of shit, just enough so I can understand what is going on. And if it has more of a horror movie mood than a melancholic one, then you will certainly get a blowjob from my giant ape. Thanks in advance.

______
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:28 am 

pestilent_god wrote:
I'm trying to get into some doomish shit lately, I'm already liking some doom\death bands, so I'd like some doom\black estravaganza, slow as a dead old couple fucking in a meat freezer. Ok, maybe not that slow...

Actually I'm digging Hooded Menace a lot, so something that slow would be nice, can vary the tempo here and there, no clean singing, and if possible, a little vocal chaos, like some aleatory screaming around, just some "GAHHHHHAHHHHHWAHHHHHHHHGHHHHBOBSAGET".

And at least a decent production, obviously not some shiny piece of shit, just enough so I can understand what is going on. And if it has more of a horror movie mood than a melancholic one, then you will certainly get a blowjob from my giant ape. Thanks in advance.

Nortt and Faustcoven are my favorites from this style. Faustcoven is a little faster than Nortt and Nortt is pretty much a black/funeral doom hybrid so I don't know if it'd be slower than your liking. Both are fantastic bands though.

pestilent_god
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:00 am 

______ wrote:
pestilent_god wrote:

Nortt and Faustcoven are my favorites from this style. Faustcoven is a little faster than Nortt and Nortt is pretty much a black/funeral doom hybrid so I don't know if it'd be slower than your liking. Both are fantastic bands though.

I'd say Faustcoven is a zillion times faster than Nortt, haha. Loved it. I actually forgot to say that I wanted it to be riff-oriented, but you nailed it without me having to say. Shit, great band. Gimme your adress and get ready for some ape-ish happiness.

About Nortt, it's really interesting, I have gone through some funeral doom already, and I like what I hear, the problem is that I don't have too much time to listen to music at home, and If I listen to anything THIS dense in a bus or a train, I'll snore until the end of the line.

If you know anything more that sounds like Faustcoven, maybe a LITTLE slower (I know, I'm picky), don't hesitate to tell me. Thanks a lot.

______
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:35 am 

pestilent_god wrote:
______ wrote:
pestilent_god wrote:

I'd say Faustcoven is a zillion times faster than Nortt, haha. Loved it. I actually forgot to say that I wanted it to be riff-oriented, but you nailed it without me having to say. Shit, great band. Gimme your adress and get ready for some ape-ish happiness.

About Nortt, it's really interesting, I have gone through some funeral doom already, and I like what I hear, the problem is that I don't have too much time to listen to music at home, and If I listen to anything THIS dense in a bus or a train, I'll snore until the end of the line.

If you know anything more that sounds like Faustcoven, maybe a LITTLE slower (I know, I'm picky), don't hesitate to tell me. Thanks a lot.

Nothing off of the top of my head reminds me of Faustcoven but if I think of something I'll rec it. This one is kind of a shot in the dark but perhaps you would like Brown Jenkins. They have a pretty interesting and intricate riffing style, and I would definitely characterize it as riff oriented though they aren't really similar to Faustcoven. Vocals are pretty sparse so I don't know if that's you're type of thing. They also vary the tempo a bit like you said in your original post. I've only listened to their albums "Death Obsession" and "Angel Eyes" but I'd recommend the former. Here's one of their songs of off "Death Obsession." Hopefully this is something like what you're looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRsRjfQ_ ... xt_from=ML

pestilent_god
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:14 am 

______ wrote:
pestilent_god wrote:
______ wrote:
pestilent_god wrote:

Nothing off of the top of my head reminds me of Faustcoven but if I think of something I'll rec it. This one is kind of a shot in the dark but perhaps you would like Brown Jenkins. They have a pretty interesting and intricate riffing style, and I would definitely characterize it as riff oriented though they aren't really similar to Faustcoven. Vocals are pretty sparse so I don't know if that's you're type of thing. They also vary the tempo a bit like you said in your original post. I've only listened to their albums "Death Obsession" and "Angel Eyes" but I'd recommend the former. Here's one of their songs of off "Death Obsession." Hopefully this is something like what you're looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRsRjfQ_ ... xt_from=ML

HOLY SHIT. Fucking awesome. I hate when things have Lovecraftian titles but nothing to do with it, but this shit oozes of Mi-Go multi-dimensional excrement. A zillion of thanks.

Winterkald
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:00 am 

pestilent_god wrote:
... slow as a dead old couple fucking in a meat freezer. Ok, maybe not that slow...

Hahaha, dude :lol: ...

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 231  Next