Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
spectreofdeath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:36 pm 

Dragunov wrote:
spectreofdeath wrote:
bands similar to Assuck?

Insect Warfare's Endless Execution Through Violent Restitution has a good bit of full-speed-ahead thrashy chaos reminiscent of Assuck, if you haven't checked there yet.

not what I'm looking for. I want Assuck-style deathgrind.

wigglygore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:34 am 

spectreofdeath wrote:
I want Assuck-style deathgrind.

I would like to be able to give you some deathgrind recs, but its a style of the genre that has never really grabbed me. However, i did check out 'Assuck - Missery Index' from a friend and on first listen brought Artimus Pyle to mind. Although Artimus Pyle are a crust/grind band, to me they shared a few similarities with Assuck, bar the deathgrind riffs. They may not have the deathgrind influence and speed you may be after, but check them out, there may be other Assuck-esque elements of Artimus Pyle that may grab you. Let me know what you think anyway!

http://www.myspace.com/123artimus

finnthor
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:07 am 

is there anyone extremely well versed in goregrind? pm me.

wigglygore
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:59 am 

Um....how about you either read through the thread as there are aplenty goregrind recs from people 'well versed' in goregrind on each page or post your request.

Duke_Of_Earl89
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:52 pm 

I need something similar to Swiss Fear Of God, I have their self titled compilation and Its pretty awesome, I just like their bad production with tons of fuzz, and that crazy vocal is a story of its own.

spectreofdeath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:59 pm 

Duke_Of_Earl89 wrote:
I need something similar to Swiss Fear Of God, I have their self titled compilation and Its pretty awesome, I just like their bad production with tons of fuzz, and that crazy vocal is a story of its own.

ah the real FOG which aren't on the archives due to them being too "punk".

Dawn Crosby's band can fuck off.

anyways

I assume you're looking for noisecore/grind?

Gore Beyond Necropsy
7 Minutes Of Nausea
NOYFB
World
Final Exit
Nihilist Commando
Noise Waste
Creamface (the Throat album)
Beer Vomit
Sore Throat
early Anal Cunt
Anal Massaker
Pile Of Eggs
Minch
Deche Charge

have fun

Duke_Of_Earl89
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:11 am 

Thank you very much :nods:

morbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:22 am 

spectreofdeath wrote:
Minch

...and I thought I was the only one old enough on MA to remember those jokesters hehehe, excellent!

But as I said, earlier in this thread or another grind-thingy: if you like'm old and short, the bllleeeeaaauuurrrrgghhh the record 7 inch compilation. Superb!

Duke_Of_Earl89
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:34 am 

morbert wrote:
But as I said, earlier in this thread or another grind-thingy: if you like'm old and short, the bllleeeeaaauuurrrrgghhh the record 7 inch compilation. Superb!

I got all 3 parts of this compilation, and its fucken awesome ! Just the kind of stuff I was looking for, big thanks for this morbert.

oneyoudontknow
Cum insantientibus furere necesse est.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:52 am 

a rather straight-forwards question: which one of the Cannibal Corpse album should one start with? I prefer the voice of Corpsegrinder Fisher over that of Chris Barnes.

My website which contains reviews as well as interviews:
https://adsol.oneyoudontknow.com
My podcast:
https://adsolmag.bandcamp.com/

Kopitar11
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 8:47 pm 

oneyoudontknow wrote:
a rather straight-forwards question: which one of the Cannibal Corpse album should one start with? I prefer the voice of Corpsegrinder Fisher over that of Chris Barnes.

Cannibal Corpse isn't grindcore.

finnthor
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:26 pm 

If you're into this music, check out these bands, if you haven't already:
urine festival
oerjgrinder
intestinal disgorge
intestinal alien reflux
vaginal impalement
purulent jacuzzi
venereal messiah
gruesome stuff relish
satan's revenge on mankind
amputated
bitch infection
disgorgement of intestinal lymphatic suppuration
disfiguring the goddess
soldered poon
cemetary rapist
ultimo mondo cannibale
caninus
animals killing people
anonima sequestri
elite drug dealers
c.v.i.
sister fister
anal penetration
apocalyptic vaginal grinder
gonorrhea pussy
deog
anus mush
phalogore
carnal diafragma
tu carne
sperm swamp
putrefukation
ceremonial embludgeonment
psicovomitosis sadinecrootitis
whoreevil
hipermenorrea
cerebral incubation
abominable putridity
katalepsy
artery eruption
cephalotripsy
meatshits
urtikaria anal
vulvectomy
vulvathrone
rectal smegma
pussy vibes
lymphatic phlegm
prosthetic cunt
rigor mortis
gruesome malady

the list could be so much longer, but if you really love this genre and search for something authentic, check these bands out! I love grindcore and goregrind very much, along with cybergrind. I find anything too closely related to deathmetal stlylistically boring, although I have some favorites there also. I especially love those bands with songs below a minute! Fast or slow, if it gurgles, sloches, rots, shits and grinds like hell, I love it! Anyone know more awesome bands? Do you have samples to hear? That would be great, Thanks!

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:46 pm 

A lot of those aren't that grindy though.

Varg_Acklig
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:42 pm 

Rippingheadache wrote:
I personally think Gridlink takes the cake as far as last years batch of excellent grindcore goes (Kill The Client, Agenda Of Swine). The riffing on Amber Gray is just outright overwhelming and the screams from frontman, Jon Chang, are truly intense. Plus the length is just perfect for an album like this.

And lets not forget, the Drummer of gridlink and Kill the client are the same. He also used to play live for phobia, and actually filled in for them again this last weekend at Maryland deathfest.

Axel_Sikth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:25 am 

This isn't exactly a recomemndation or request, but has anyone else noticed the numerous band/album/song references in Insect Warfare material?

For example, Endless Execution Thru Violent Restitution is an obvious nod to Razor's Violent Restitution and they even covered a song off that album (Behind Bars). "Law of the Saw" and "Execution Mania" are references to the Sodom albums The Saw is the Law and Persecution Manis respectively. Their song "In Grind There Is No Law" off their split with Bolt Stein is a reference to the Bolt Thrower album In Battle There Is No Law, and "After War Obliteration" off their At War With Grindcore EP is a reference to Terrorizer's song "After World Obliteration".

Interesting stuff really.
But it didn't matter, 'cause they can't hear a sound

http://www.last.fm/user/Axel_Sikth

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:20 pm 

Axel_Sikth wrote:
This isn't exactly a recomemndation or request, but has anyone else noticed the numerous band/album/song references in Insect Warfare material?

For example, Endless Execution Thru Violent Restitution is an obvious nod to Razor's Violent Restitution and they even covered a song off that album (Behind Bars). "Law of the Saw" and "Execution Mania" are references to the Sodom albums The Saw is the Law and Persecution Manis respectively. Their song "In Grind There Is No Law" off their split with Bolt Stein is a reference to the Bolt Thrower album In Battle There Is No Law, and "After War Obliteration" off their At War With Grindcore EP is a reference to Terrorizer's song "After World Obliteration".

Interesting stuff really.

Just another reason to worship Insect Warfare, really.

Axel_Sikth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:58 pm 

theposega wrote:
Just another reason to worship Insect Warfare, really.

Exactly! :lol:

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:51 pm 

:lol: As if we needed another reason.

Axel_Sikth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:23 am 

:P Now, just to insert some discussion into this thread, has anybody checked out the new Magrudergrind album? Ripping shit. They've ditched the lower bellowed/growled vocals which is a bit dissapointing but to make up for it they've got a new guitar tone that absolutely destroys. It sounds a bit like Insect Warfare's guitar tone on World Extermination actually. Nowadays I don't mind their leaner, more sharp sound, but their new guitar tone is pretty sweet too.

Gravemarker
The Bloody Heartland

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:15 pm 

Axel_Sikth wrote:
:P Now, just to insert some discussion into this thread, has anybody checked out the new Magrudergrind album? Ripping shit. They've ditched the lower bellowed/growled vocals which is a bit dissapointing but to make up for it they've got a new guitar tone that absolutely destroys. It sounds a bit like Insect Warfare's guitar tone on World Extermination actually. Nowadays I don't mind their leaner, more sharp sound, but their new guitar tone is pretty sweet too.

Magrudergrind? New album? Sounds like insect Warfare?

Awesome. I'll have to check this out.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:16 pm 

Damn, I kinda liked their old sound. "Rehashed" got quite a few plays from me. I'll still check this out though.

Saethiaal
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:41 am 

Can anyone rec me anything similiar to Kill the Client's Cleptrocracy, the guitar tone and drumming is fucking great.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:02 am 

Saethiaal wrote:
Can anyone rec me anything similiar to Kill the Client's Cleptrocracy, the guitar tone and drumming is fucking great.

Have you listened to Watchmaker? I've only heard songs here and there but I think they are somewhat similar, although probably even more aggressive.

I actually bought Cleptocracy on a blind purchase and I'm having a difficult time with it. Something about the production, when I listen to it in my car the riffs seem to just get lost in the mix.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:05 pm 

It took me a few listens to fully understand what was going on with that album. But once I did.......:drool:

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:40 pm 

can anyone rec something similar to Torsofuck, Rompeprop or Namek? also, does anyone know where i can get Rompestromper's album "Groovy Meat Fest"?

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:43 pm 

Z0MBIE wrote:
can anyone rec something similar to Torsofuck, Rompeprop or Namek? also, does anyone know where i can get Rompestromper's album "Groovy Meat Fest"?

This might be too obvious (I'm not that well versed in this stuff) but have you listened to Last Day's of Humanity's debut album? I think they were an influence for Torsofuck...anyways the first album is quite grindy but with the ultra-shifted vocals and a frankly amazing guitar tone. Groovy in parts, hyper-blasty in others. I dig it.

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:14 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
Z0MBIE wrote:

This might be too obvious (I'm not that well versed in this stuff) but have you listened to Last Day's of Humanity's debut album? I think they were an influence for Torsofuck...anyways the first album is quite grindy but with the ultra-shifted vocals and a frankly amazing guitar tone. Groovy in parts, hyper-blasty in others. I dig it.

Yeah, I did listen to that some time ago and I didn't like it very much. I thought they were a bit too much and I don't really dig those albums with lots of ultra short songs, even though that's common in grindcore.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:23 pm 

Z0MBIE wrote:
Yeah, I did listen to that some time ago and I didn't like it very much. I thought they were a bit too much and I don't really dig those albums with lots of ultra short songs, even though that's common in grindcore.

I see. I'm pretty much out of options then. I get really annoyed when bands try to make grind-ish music but then they still want to meander around for 3:50-4:00 minutes. Just get to the fucking point already! Anyways, if you can somehow get passed the song-lengths I think Regurgitate (Swe) might be something you'd enjoy. The drumming is real so that's going to be a bit different compared to (old) Torsofuck, but the vocals are gargly and disgusting and the riffs settle into some pretty incredible grooves/catchy parts. I'd start with their most recent album as that's probably the least grindy.

Cock and Ball Torture's first album is mostly groove parts, from what I remember, might want to look into that as well.

Axel_Sikth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:31 am 

Jonpo wrote:
Have you listened to Watchmaker? I've only heard songs here and there but I think they are somewhat similar, although probably even more aggressive.

Watchmaker don't bear too many similarities to Kill the Client except their furious speeds and short songs, but then again, one could say that about almost any two grindcore bands :P. However, they are a worthy band in themselves. Erased From the Memory of Man is a blistering holocaust of noise, black metal, grindcore, and some crust and hardcore. The vocals range from glass-gargling hardcore shouts to black metal shrieks and screams. Raw and intense as fuck.

Here's their Myspace for anyone interested: http://www.myspace.com/watchmaker

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:25 am 

Jonpo wrote:
Z0MBIE wrote:

I see. I'm pretty much out of options then. I get really annoyed when bands try to make grind-ish music but then they still want to meander around for 3:50-4:00 minutes. Just get to the fucking point already! Anyways, if you can somehow get passed the song-lengths I think Regurgitate (Swe) might be something you'd enjoy. The drumming is real so that's going to be a bit different compared to (old) Torsofuck, but the vocals are gargly and disgusting and the riffs settle into some pretty incredible grooves/catchy parts. I'd start with their most recent album as that's probably the least grindy.

Cock and Ball Torture's first album is mostly groove parts, from what I remember, might want to look into that as well.

C&BT is awesome! Been listening to them for a while now. I'll check out Regurgitate, thanks!

Axel_Sikth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:58 am 

You might want to check out The Day Everything Became Nothing's Le Mort. Good good good grooves. Hell, you might as well check out the Australian grind scene. Plenty of good grind gems.

AntiJoe88
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:28 am 

I'm very new to grindcore (having only heard a few bands...really enjoying Pig Destroyer while not impressed with Discordance Axis) and I'm just looking where to go next.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:54 am 

AntiJoe88 wrote:
I'm very new to grindcore (having only heard a few bands...really enjoying Pig Destroyer while not impressed with Discordance Axis) and I'm just looking where to go next.

I think the best way to get into a style is usually to start with the source and move outward. I would suggest starting with the godly album that laid the grind framework, Repulsion's Horrified. Then move on to shit like Napalm Death's Scum, Terrorizer, Old Lady Drivers, Electro Hippies, etc. If you're just looking for some good grind regardless of history/significance/era, check out Phobia, Insect Warfare, Assuck, Brutal Truth, Birdflesh, Rotten Sound...

Gravemarker
The Bloody Heartland

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:24 am 

AntiJoe88 wrote:

Keep listening to Discordance Axis until the epiphany hits. Otherwise you will have missed out on a truly fantastic grindcore band.

AntiJoe88
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:28 am 

Insect Warfare seems to get a lot of praise, I think I will start with them. Which album should I go with?

Axel_Sikth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:10 pm 

Check out either Endless Execution Thru Violent Restitution or World Extermination.

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:40 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
Z0MBIE wrote:

Hey, just checked out Regurgitate - Sickening Bliss and I loved it, thank you very much!

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:05 pm 

Axel_Sikth wrote:
Check out either Endless Execution Thru Violent Restitution or World Extermination.

Yes. Avoid their self-titled until you're more acquainted. Also, the Evolved Into Obliteration demo is great if you can find it, it's mostly World Extermination songs though.

slavonic777
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:48 pm 

Hey all. I am looking for something similar to Exulceration. If you dont know them, here is one song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-wvzVqK8MA

I like very much their split with putrid offal. I was already searching and found early Xysma or Rottest slag quite good, however I hope there is something more similar to Exulceration.
I prefer less known bands (also demos are ok)

morbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:02 am 

Jonpo wrote:
AntiJoe88 wrote:

I think the best way to get into a style is usually to start with the source and move outward. I would suggest starting with the godly album that laid the grind framework, Repulsion's Horrified.

No... start earlier, with Siege.
No Siege = No Repulsion

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 102  Next