* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
gazeovice
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:08 pm 

deicidefan wrote:
gazeovice wrote:
Does anyone know any metalcore bands that have that beatdown hardcore aspect? Not so much the Swedish sound, but more or less a lot more of a hardcore influence (Merauder)

All Out War

Sante Sangre

Full Blown Chaos

100 Demons

Shattered Realm (broken ties, spoken lies cd) rest is way more beatdown than metal.

On Broken Wings (too bad some of us will never see the world... cd) the rest has shitty pop punk vocal clean choruses that ruin the mosh of there earlier catalog.

I know most of those bands, but I've never heard of Santa Sangre, congrats man you know your shit. Are you sure there isn't a hardcore kid in there somewhere?

Axel_Sikth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:56 am 

gazeovice wrote:
I know most of those bands, but I've never heard of Santa Sangre, congrats man you know your shit. Are you sure there isn't a hardcore kid in there somewhere?

I also recommend Reign Supreme and Trapped Under Ice.
But it didn't matter, 'cause they can't hear a sound

http://www.last.fm/user/Axel_Sikth

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:12 am 

gazeovice wrote:
deicidefan wrote:
gazeovice wrote:
Does anyone know any metalcore bands that have that beatdown hardcore aspect? Not so much the Swedish sound, but more or less a lot more of a hardcore influence (Merauder)

All Out War

Sante Sangre

Full Blown Chaos

100 Demons

Shattered Realm (broken ties, spoken lies cd) rest is way more beatdown than metal.

On Broken Wings (too bad some of us will never see the world... cd) the rest has shitty pop punk vocal clean choruses that ruin the mosh of there earlier catalog.

Yah maybe alittle bit of a hardcore kid but only by bad side when i was 15 and naive, Santa Sangre was a metalcore band from Buffalo that broke up in 2002 they went on to form the band The Promise which is way more hxc punk than metal, still not too bad. Also they were on Eulogy which was the best hardcore label in like 2000

DeadXManiac wrote:
Benton's the T-Pain of death metal.

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

JWUltrablizzard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 11:53 am 

hahaha fierceblackandwicked

why am I a hypocrite?

and uh, you're an idiot.

JWUltrablizzard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:02 pm 

and at any rate, the debate was rather heated...but the technical aspect of what Im saying stays true...deathcore and metalcore are derivitives of hardcore punk, albeit differently developed offshoots, and thus cannot be considered 'metal'

if you're just gonna slag me off and ask people to ignore me, that's just childish. I was trying to put forward a valid point. If you dont want this to go on any further, just stop slagging me off (and I noticed; all of a sudden) just because of my viewpoint, and have a look at my favourite bands list if you want a look at my truly (and I add, unglam) preferred bands

gazeovice
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:49 pm 

Axel_Sikth wrote:
gazeovice wrote:

I also recommend Reign Supreme and Trapped Under Ice.

I'm covered on Trapped Under Ice, thanks though man, I'm surprised at how many hardcore fans there are here.

Lippyass Major
Mens Mentis Minor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:04 am 

You know Blizzard, you don't know how to fucking post. You aren't worth the extra few seconds it would take for me to quote from two different posts.

Learn how to use the forum like a man and I will debate you.

By the way, I saw glam metal in your list of favorite bands. Enjoy "Ride My Rocket." And let me know how the rocket tastes. :metal:

JWUltrablizzard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:03 am 

...yes, from an album called "Metal Magic"...see what I mean about self-identification as regards glam? and regarding Pantera, they more than made up for it with the 90s output, a decade where, if you weren't black or death metal or Slayer, Pantera was about the only (popular, at least) metal bnad proud to be a heavy metal band.(ok, ok thats a broad statement but the only one that had any influence or standing as regards the mainstream)

and quit it with the personal attacks. It doesnt make you look big or clever, and only displays immaturity

HumanCollapse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:15 pm 

ok, seriously, everyone just stop this bullshit. it's old now.

anyway... thought I'd give you fellas a heads up about new band I found called Mass Hypnosis. they're giving their album away for free, and it's not bad at all. check it:

http://masshypnosis.bandcamp.com/album/disin4mation

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:50 pm 

Guys, cool it in here. I know I'm a bit late to the party, but if you people can't make a deathcore/metalcore help thread work, you won't have one for long.

JWUltrablizzard, take it easy with the double-posting and such. If you don't know how to quote people, click the upper-right button that says "quote" over the post you wish to quote in your own post. Instead of posting multiple times in a row, just include all of the text in a single post. Keep in mind that the point of this thread is, at its core, to help people find deathcore/metalcore bands. While some discussion of the subject is certainly allowed, this is not the place to hold lengthy debates about whether or not this or that is metal. Ideally you will follow this advice; if not, you're that much closer to being shown the door.

CrownOvHorns
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:46 am 

New Trigger the Bloodshed songs.

De-Breed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Z6f409 ... re=related

The Soulful Dead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq0T81zS ... re=related

They've slowed down their music.

Rottenrectum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:49 pm 

Can someone recommend me some (melodic) metalcore with catchy choruses like these two songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnDEFyV88Qs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOadTq3B9X8

darkdead wrote:
I have still quarrelling the musician.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:01 pm 

@ RottenREctum:

Anterior -> same guitarist from Mendeed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZfdbxpOdHo

also check out Sylosis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8xmZ1v7 ... re=related i love how that song builds up..

NonEsDignus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:06 pm 

CrownOvHorns wrote:
New Trigger the Bloodshed songs.

De-Breed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Z6f409 ... re=related

The Soulful Dead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq0T81zS ... re=related

They've slowed down their music.

Yeah, the new album turned out pretty boring. I prefer the first two.

jizzomatic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:06 pm 

bloodlet and Waiting for Utopia are apparently metalcore.

I reccomend them

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:41 am 

Looking for a specific type of metalcore. Thrashy, amazing solos and a bit of melody here and there but all with balls. Reference points: Shadows Fall, Unearth, God Forbid. You know, the stuff that isn't metal'core' at all but for some reason is called cuz it has a breakdown in one song (in Shadows Fall's case they rarely use breakdowns but whatever).

I guess the time period should be taken into account as well. 2002-2005, that's when this style was most prominent before metalcore became an overdose of random melody, random singing, and random breakdowns.

SECOND REQUEST: Also looking for more of the 'dark' type of metalcore from the mid-90s. Morning Again, Zao and Cold As Life are good reference points.

Axel_Sikth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:10 am 

Wet Pussy wrote:
SECOND REQUEST: Also looking for more of the 'dark' type of metalcore from the mid-90s. Morning Again, Zao and Cold As Life are good reference points.

Dark metalcore you say? Integrity and Ringworm are where it's at. Check out Humanity is the Devil and Venomous Grand Design respectively.

The "Holy Terror" scene/wave as a whole is worth checking out if you want dark metalcore.

EDIT: As for the first bit of your request, you could give Trivium's Shogun a try and All Shall Perish's Awaken the Dreamers.

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:02 pm 

Already got all those bases covered, both requests. :) Looking for more of the obscure shit - surprisingly there are a lot less hardcore/metalcore/deathcore related forums and databases on the internet as compared to the metal ones. =_='

~Guest 214846
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:17 pm 

I have to agree with the Holy Terror thing when it comes to metalcore. Here's some "dark" stuff, though I don't know how well known any of it is.

Arkangel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlZRMZJ5jks

Bloodlet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQfv8JYb6kI

Disembodied: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoMWUJt4 ... re=related

I also highly recommend Acrid - Eighty Sixed, and to a lesser extent Day of Mourning - Your Future's End. No YT links for those, though.

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:51 pm 

Heard most of them. I'm down with Arkangel, Disembodied, Bloodlet and Day of Mourning. Will check the other one.

Also, I've heard good stuff about Shai Hulud and Congress. Which albums from them I should start with?

Axel_Sikth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:18 am 

Wet Pussy wrote:
Heard most of them. I'm down with Arkangel, Disembodied, Bloodlet and Day of Mourning. Will check the other one.

Also, I've heard good stuff about Shai Hulud and Congress. Which albums from them I should start with?

Shai Hulud themselves have said Misanthropy Pure their latest, combines the best bits of their previous 2 albums, so I say check that out, despite never having listened to more than the title track. :P

One Holy Terror band that slipped my mind last post which I think is worth a listen - Catharsis. Check out Samsara. Holy Terror metalcore but with some longer songs, more complex song structures, and the occasional spoken word section. Pretty interesting stuff.

How did you enjoy the melodic hardcore stuff I rec'd you last time by the way?

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:01 am 

I think I should check out more of this Holy Terror scene. What the hell is it any way? XD I might have heard some bands already without knowing they were a part of a 'holy terror' scene (Ringworm for example. Badass band btw.)

And yeah I loved those reccs man. Verse especially; they led me to discover some more great bands. Have Heart for example.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:50 pm 

I really do Gotta say, Oceano, GREAT fucking band. and absolutely devistating live. just amazing. Saw them open for white chapel, maybe the best show i've seen, especially since it was in a max capactiy like 150 people. It felt pretty cool knowing we've shared the same stage lol/ Anyway, off rail, check out oceano. They're are some breakowns but they fit more with the music than most do

~Guest 214846
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:50 pm 

Axel_Sikth wrote:
Wet Pussy wrote:

One Holy Terror band that slipped my mind last post which I think is worth a listen - Catharsis. Check out Samsara. Holy Terror metalcore but with some longer songs, more complex song structures, and the occasional spoken word section. Pretty interesting stuff.

Damn, I can't believe I also forgot about them. Samsara is a fantastic release.

Secret_Iceland
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:22 am 

alright, so misery signals' new album "controller" is good if you like the kind of metalcore that is in the archives. i like their first album the most, but their latest is still quite good, and has much less core.

the two latest as i lay dying releases are pretty awesome, they do not have too much core in them anymore. and even if they did, i like them a lot anyways

killswitch engage's album "as daylight dies" is really one of the most unique metalcore albums i have ever heard. that album, plus the ones with their original singer, are amazing

parkway drive's new album is also very good, less breakdowns and more catchy melodies in my opinion.

bullet for my valentine's sophomore album "scream aim fire" is beautiful. thrash-influenced metalcore. it's pretty heavy and extremely catchy, and the melodies are beautiful as well

that's pretty much it for metalcore that i listen to, hope they're good suggestions

~Guest 214846
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:29 pm 

Anyone have any recommendations for something similar to this? Basically technical death/metalcore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WECmQHP5f5I

Secret_Iceland
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:21 pm 

Numerator_41 wrote:
Anyone have any recommendations for something similar to this? Basically technical death/metalcore.

i cannot listen to the music atm cuz i am in a library and i dont have any headphones =S but born of osiris is what i am thinking you'd like. if you haven't already heard of them. their new album is pretty awesome. melodic and heavy. the encyclopedia metallum labels them as progressive death metal / metalcore, but progressive death and technical death are nearly the same thing.

~Guest 214846
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:22 pm 

Secret_Iceland wrote:
Numerator_41 wrote:

i cannot listen to the music atm cuz i am in a library and i dont have any headphones =S but born of osiris is what i am thinking you'd like. if you haven't already heard of them. their new album is pretty awesome. melodic and heavy. the encyclopedia metallum labels them as progressive death metal / metalcore, but progressive death and technical death are nearly the same thing.

Not really what I'm looking for.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:12 pm 

Numerator_41 wrote:

The End Of All Reason maybe.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKcblo-OE0g sounds technically at times andthey got some nice melodic tunes..

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:16 am 

Secret_Iceland wrote:
progressive death and technical death are nearly the same thing.

Not really. Progressive Death Metal means an influence from Progressive Rock/Metal, and is said in regard to song structures and overbearing prog influences and whatnot. Technical death metal is just technical. I mean, you can't call Revocation a Progressive Death/Thrash band because that's not what they are - they aint 'prog' but they're technical and they can be called tech death/thrash. At least, that's just the way I draw the line.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:45 am 

MetalHearted wrote:
RageW wrote:
Now that was one fucking long run-on sentence. For some reason -core fans always act like douchebags when talking about their music...

Very true.

I'm looking for something along the lines of Suicide Silence, Impending Doom, or All Shall Perish. I like breakdowns and I'm not looking for anything incredibly intelligent, just something fun and brutal. Preferably with no clean vocals.

Definitely check out Oceano

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:13 pm 

Unless i've just gone completely retarded, I don't belive I've seen anyone talk about The Autumn Offering. Any fans here? if you haven't heard them they're Melodic Metalcore with really old school sounding solos. definitely one of my favorites in this genre

Joemoe1122
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:25 pm 

Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
Unless i've just gone completely retarded, I don't belive I've seen anyone talk about The Autumn Offering. Any fans here? if you haven't heard them they're Melodic Metalcore with really old school sounding solos. definitely one of my favorites in this genre

Yeah, their new album sucks, but I enjoyed a few of their releases

Bitches love Enslaved.

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:55 pm 

Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
MetalHearted wrote:
RageW wrote:
Now that was one fucking long run-on sentence. For some reason -core fans always act like douchebags when talking about their music...

Very true.

I'm looking for something along the lines of Suicide Silence, Impending Doom, or All Shall Perish. I like breakdowns and I'm not looking for anything incredibly intelligent, just something fun and brutal. Preferably with no clean vocals.

Definitely check out Oceano

And A Different Breed of KIller's , Collusus. Should be up your alley.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:20 pm 

Anyone heard As Blood Runs Black's new Single yet? it's fucking tight

Zero_Nowhere
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:21 am 

Dredging this topic up a bit, but I could use a rec.

I'm looking for the dumbest, angriest, most mosh laden hardcore out there. Not deathcore like Emmure or modern metalcore like Unearth - bands with a more overt HxC approach. Something that sounds like the retarded cousin of Terror, later Agnostic Front (Another Voice onwards), early Hatebreed (pre-Supremacy) or Born From Pain.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:46 am 

ever heard of devotchka? some of the weirdest, most unintelligible shit i think i've ever heard

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:25 am 

Zero_Nowhere wrote:
Dredging this topic up a bit, but I could use a rec.

I'm looking for the dumbest, angriest, most mosh laden hardcore out there. Not deathcore like Emmure or modern metalcore like Unearth - bands with a more overt HxC approach. Something that sounds like the retarded cousin of Terror, later Agnostic Front (Another Voice onwards), early Hatebreed (pre-Supremacy) or Born From Pain.

Icepick, Hoods, (early) Throwdown, Bulldoze, Vietnom, 25 ta Life, Thick as Blood

Axel_Sikth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:16 am 

Reign Supreme and Trapped Under Ice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmBu0JRbqPk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLO9K-lUII

Spiralfilm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:28 pm 

Most Precious Blood, Remembering Never, Merauder, First Blood, Irate

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 35  Next