Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
JWUltrablizzard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:33 pm 

look; if you don't think metal is 'cooler' or 'better' than any other type of music; why are you even here?

JWUltrablizzard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:37 pm 

also, i enjoy many other types of music in addition to metal. But that doesnt mean i should discuss it on a METAL discussion forum. There are other forums made for that elsewhere on the net. Have a look, its big enough. and while you're at it, start up core-archives.com, you'll get more positive replies than on here

Rottenrectum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:37 pm 

JWUltrablizzard wrote:
look; if you don't think metal is 'cooler' or 'better' than any other type of music; why are you even here?

Because I enjoy metal music? Most of what I listen to fall under the metal stamp and this place is usually a good place for metal discussion when we don't have to deal with this Manowar-attitude.

Edit: This is the Recommendation Central, not the Metal Discussion section. And yeah, there is an edit function...
The only thins I've seen you do here is bash at things that isn't metal. Is that all you have to say here?

darkdead wrote:
I have still quarrelling the musician.

Last edited by Rottenrectum on Thu May 13, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JWUltrablizzard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:40 pm 

obviously with the exception of deathcore and metalcore

JWUltrablizzard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:42 pm 

as in that must be the exception to the music you like that falls under the 'metal stamp', seeing as neither is a form of heavy metal.

also, why are we discussing, therefore, a genre of music that is banned from these archives?

Rottenrectum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:48 pm 

It's one of the exceptions yeah, if you care about labeling that much...

You obviously don't understand the concept of this section. In here people request music and other members help them out. That's it. If you want to "discuss" metalcore and deathcore, start a thread in the tavern section. Nothing is banned from discussion here, as long as it is in it's appropriate section.

darkdead wrote:

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:51 pm 

JWUltrablizzard wrote:
granted, but you can certainly leave the hall

JWUltrablizzard wrote:

These confirm it: You're an idiot. Thanks for stopping by.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Lippyass Major
Mens Mentis Minor

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:22 pm 

JWUltrablizzard wrote:
why the fuck is this even on here; a metal forum of all things, with a subject about a type of music that is >banned< from these archives???

whats next, a mallcore help thread? an emo help thread?

lock this fucker please!

You'll see threads outside of "Metal Discussion" that have nothing to do with metal. You'll see threads on punk, grunge, hiphop, and classical during your stay here. The forum as a whole isn't just about metal.

HumanCollapse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:23 pm 

JWUltrablizzard wrote:
also, why are we discussing, therefore, a genre of music that is banned from these archives?

you do realize that these all mighty trve metal archives are littered with deathcore and metalcore bands, right? do a search, then stop continuing to make a complete asshole out of yourself.

then, also realize that this is a general recommendation board - not just for metal. you have a problem with a genre being discussed on this board? ignore it, shut your mouth, and move on.

now fuck off and stop wasting these people's time.

666head
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:01 am 

CrownOvHorns wrote:
No need to post a giant picture. Shit band anyway.

New Whitechapel song's been released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18GRQcONfr0

Chug chug chug.

It's not all just chug. Maybe deathcore is (much to my personal dismay) getting better.....catchy-ish song though.

JWUltrablizzard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:19 am 

ok, granted, and there's no need to resort to personal attacks.You're merely demeaning yourself

but my actual point is this: deathcore is being reffered to on here as "metal" when that's not the case.

JWUltrablizzard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:23 am 

yes, the METAL archives do have SOME -core bands on here, not that they should imho; seeing as this is a METAL archive and not a HARDCORE PUNK archive but they are here. But they're the exception rather than the rule; and there's tons of deathcore bands and metalcore that have been removed, BMTH being the obvious example.

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:27 am 

Jesus, Mohammad and Bhudda. If you think deathcore has anything to do with Hardcore Punk you truly should leave the goddamn hall.

There's the door, your name's on the knob.

Anyway, I came here to get some deathcore reccs with a lot of metalcore tendencies, by that I mean clean vocals and lots of melodies. Any reccs?

JWUltrablizzard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 am 

err...hello? deathCORE???? metalCORE???

JWUltrablizzard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:30 am 

well; if you think it has anything but a loose influence from heavy metal, you can leave the hall my friend.

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:33 am 

Err... you faggot, instead of making ignorant remarks know what the fuck hardcore is. Both deathcore and (modern) metalcore have any connection with both old school and new school hardcore other than the breakdown aspect. And mind you, breakdowns were present in thrash too.

And where the fuck did I say deathcore was metal? Stop jumping the gun, idiot. I've always thought of metalcore and deathcore as seperate entities in any case. With metalcore being more 'metal' than deathcore but only because of the groove influences in pre-melodic metalcore and the melodeath influences in modern metalcore.

And as for loose influences... does Black Metal sound anything like HEAVY metal to you? Leave the fucking genre debate out, if the thread's still here than the mods obviously approve. If they didn't then the thread wouldn't be here. Geddit?

JWUltrablizzard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:36 am 

err, I'm as much a hardcore punk fan as a metal fan (excluding deathcore and metalcore)

and no, you didnt say they were metal, but other (ignorant) people on here said it was.

and yes, breakdowns are present in a lot of metal.(and dont forget that thrash metal has a hardcore punk influence) But there's just not the focus you get on them like you get with metalcore and deathcore

JWUltrablizzard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:40 am 

arent you contradicting yourself there? death metal, black metal, the original heavy metal, doom metal, none of these subgenres sound alike. But they're still forms of heavy metal

grindcore, hardcore, metalcore, thrashcore, crossover thrash, powerviolence, emo, d-beat; these are all types of hardcore punk; but none of them sound the same.

see what I mean?

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:42 am 

JWUltrablizzard wrote:
you didnt say they were metal, but other (ignorant) people on here said it was.

You don't know when to quit, do you?

Listen to After The Burial. Listen to Animosity. Listen to Chimaira. Then tell me, with a straight face, that they're not metal.

In fact, don't. Ever since you joined up, you've done nothing but criticise deathcore and metalcore. You don't like them, that's fine. Not many people do, but they don't whinge and cry like you. They actually accept the fact that this thread exists and move on with their lives.

Again, if you don't like these genres, get the fuck out of this thread. In fact, do everyone a favour and get the fuck off this forum. You're embarrassing yourself and you're fouling up the place.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:43 am 

Quote:
and no, you didnt say they were metal, but other (ignorant) people on here said it was.

Here, I agree.

And as for your second post, I was just pointing out the flaw in your argument. I know they're all different.

But like I said, if the thread's here it's because the mods obviously allowed it and there's no use to fight. You're not the first, and you won't be the last. It's better to let irrelevant things like this slide, for better of for worse.

I mean, meh, deathcore being considered a metal genre 20 years down the line won't exactly change the course of the world, now would it?

JWUltrablizzard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:45 am 

no, none of them are metal, by virtue of them being metalcore or deathcore, types of hardcore punk, and yes I have listened to them, extensively, before.

on the contrary, the existence of deathcore and metalcore, like glam, grunge and mallcore before them, is what is wrong with metal atm

and whats with the personal attacks? I was only stating facts

JWUltrablizzard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:47 am 

"I mean, meh, deathcore being considered a metal genre 20 years down the line won't exactly change the course of the world, now would it?"

-on the contrary, like all faddish genres, (cough mallcore cough glam) they will be forgotten about in 20 years time, unlike metal, or at the most considered some kind of ridiculous novelty.

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:49 am 

Those 'facts' are subjective, and your attitude and persistance (though admirable :P) and general annoyance is bound to provoke 'personal attacks'

And for the love of pizza, use the 'edit' button, man.

And um, for someone as tr00 as you are, I really didn't expect to see Slipknot in your favorite artists.

Last edited by Wet Pussy on Fri May 14, 2010 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
JWUltrablizzard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:50 am 

as regards genre definition, it isn't subjective. Isnt that the whole point of this site in the first place? What happened to standing up for metal?

JWUltrablizzard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:52 am 

I'm not trve. Did I ever say I was?

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:52 am 

JWUltrablizzard wrote:
as regards genre definition, it isn't subjective. Isnt that the whole point of this site in the first place? What happened to standing up for metal?

I'll rather stand up for things that matter. Metal does not matter. It's music. Music is like food. Keep the politics out.

I disagree with this site ona lot of things (such as Agnostic Front not being here... Cause for Alarm, Liberty and Justice and One Voice are sufficently metal IMO) but I respect its descision and 99.9% of the time tag the bands in my library as what MA tags it. The site's purpose, I believe, was to document metal bands.

JWUltrablizzard wrote:
I'm not trve. Did I ever say I was?

You gave off that kind of vibe. Crusading for metal and yada yada.

Looking through your profile I can see you aren't. Nice taste btw. :thumbsup:

JWUltrablizzard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:57 am 

isn't part of being a metalhead believing that metal is what matters?

lol @ Slipknot, but that was cut and pasted from a very old list that I couldnt be bothered re-writing, and has been subsequently edited? Folly of youth, eh?

and I've always had a very broad definition of what metal is, not understanding why a lot of metallers dont view industrial metal, groove metal, and drone doom metal and sludge metal as types of metal. there's a lot of subgenres of metal, but deathcore is not one of them.

why are you sticking up for the very type of music that is against us?

Being a big fan of agnosttic front, I cant see why they should be on here.

JWUltrablizzard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:59 am 

and I wouldnt say im crusading for metal per se, but I think as a metalhead you defend it and you should stand up if someone says something is metal when it isnt.

JWUltrablizzard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:04 am 

and that "why are you sticking up for music that is against us" was directed at mikey C, and the bands he named imho shouldnt be on here. But I'll leave him to go away and listen to the rest of his pop music.

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:05 am 

JWUltrablizzard wrote:
isn't part of being a metalhead believing that metal is what matters?

lol @ Slipknot, but that was cut and pasted from a very old list that I couldnt be bothered re-writing, and has been subsequently edited? Folly of youth, eh?

and I've always had a very broad definition of what metal is, not understanding why a lot of metallers dont view industrial metal, groove metal, and drone doom metal and sludge metal as types of metal. there's a lot of subgenres of metal, but deathcore is not one of them.

why are you sticking up for the very type of music that is against us?

Eh, only when you have nothing else in life in my opinion. I have too much REAL things to stand up for than to worry about standing up for metal. I'm much more worried about the state of my country, my family, my siblings, my future and yada yada yada than to stand up for metal. Know what I'd rather stand up for? Fighting for the rights of ordinary people like me who might be driven to starvation due to price hikes in everything from petrol to even jelly beans and insufficient finances. I'd rather stand up for homeless fucks, servants and all those lower 'class' people who're neglected by the rich elite. Hard reality > standing up for metal. The 'metal matters rawr' mindset was what I had during my nihilistic anti social days, thank god I'm over that. Sure, I love metal - it's the music that keeps me going even though I'm exploring other genres but my first love will always be metal. But at the end of the day, metal is just music. Nothing more, nothing less. Damn good music, some of it.

I like some Slipknot, meh.

And I'm not really 'standing up' for anything. I'm only defending deathcore not because I like it (I like a couple bands actually) but because I didn't agree with what you were saying.

Last edited by Wet Pussy on Fri May 14, 2010 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
JWUltrablizzard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:07 am 

granted, Im married with two children and work every hour god sends, but that will not change my opinions as regards what believing in and standing up for metal.

Wet Pussy
Waterlogged

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:09 am 

JWUltrablizzard wrote:
granted, Im married with two children and work every hour god sends, but that will not change my opinions as regards what believing in and standing up for metal.

Well, that's where we differ. Now let us please stop derailing this thread. If you want to argue further, PM me or MikeyC or contact a mod or whatever.

I'm off, back to reading about how Wordsworth was a hypocrite who tried to associate himself with the common man while touring Germany and France.

JWUltrablizzard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:10 am 

ok. But I will contact the mod.

JWUltrablizzard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:05 am 

btw, how do you include a block of someone elses text in your post and how do you use the edit button?

Rottenrectum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:14 am 

Wet Pussy wrote:
Anyway, I came here to get some deathcore reccs with a lot of metalcore tendencies, by that I mean clean vocals and lots of melodies. Any reccs?

Culling The Weak!!!

darkdead wrote:

Rottenrectum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:16 am 

JWUltrablizzard wrote:
btw, how do you include a block of someone elses text in your post and how do you use the edit button?

Click on them?

darkdead wrote:

JWUltrablizzard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:13 am 

MikeyC wrote:
JWUltrablizzard wrote:
granted, but you can certainly leave the hall

JWUltrablizzard wrote:

These confirm it: You're an idiot. Thanks for stopping by.

nice to see you're backing up those statements with justifyable, logical arguments.
I also don't see how you can't understand my argument: I was simply stating metalcore (which; btw, is shorthand for "metallic hardcore" and nothing more, but you'd know that though, wouldn't you.) does not constitute a subgenre of heavy metal. It's nothing to cry about. I was merely stating something that is, by definition, a fact, which I'm sure the vast majority of the users of the forum as well as the moderators (seeing as metalcore and its derivatives are by and large BANNED from this site) will agree with.

now fuck off yourself, back up your arguaments with facts and go take your happy pills. Oh, and go and listen to you favourite derivitive of hardcore punk while you're at it?

Lippyass Major
Mens Mentis Minor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:44 pm 

Everyone should ignore JWUltrablizzard. He's a hypocrite who doesn't take his own message seriously. He's been around in multiple threads hating on metalcore and glam metal, but come to find out he makes all these exceptions for bands he actually does like in the genres. He's putting on an act because he's ashamed of his own tastes. He also incists on posting two and three times in a row to inflate his post count even though the mods have told him to stop.

gazeovice
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:57 pm 

Does anyone know any metalcore bands that have that beatdown hardcore aspect? Not so much the Swedish sound, but more or less a lot more of a hardcore influence (Merauder)

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:46 pm 

gazeovice wrote:
Does anyone know any metalcore bands that have that beatdown hardcore aspect? Not so much the Swedish sound, but more or less a lot more of a hardcore influence (Merauder)

All Out War

Sante Sangre

Full Blown Chaos

100 Demons

Shattered Realm (broken ties, spoken lies cd) rest is way more beatdown than metal.

On Broken Wings (too bad some of us will never see the world... cd) the rest has shitty pop punk vocal clean choruses that ruin the mosh of there earlier catalog.

DeadXManiac wrote:
Benton's the T-Pain of death metal.

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 35  Next