http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp0t1dwlZYA

Voice_of_Reason
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:16 pm 

"Fuck" is right.

TeRRorBld
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:41 am 

Anything similar to The Human Abstract's debut?

duane_bradley
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:27 pm 

what the fuck are you doing pairing grindcore with Deathcore?

anyway good metalcore

Integrity
Rorschach
Old Poison The Well
Earth Crisis
Converge

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:31 pm 

earth crisis is not good.

RevBau
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:28 am 

I just listened to some of the new Carnifex tracks. They have improved quite a bit. I think I may pick this one up.

LOLORDx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:40 am 

duane_bradley wrote:
what the fuck are you doing pairing grindcore with Deathcore?

anyway good metalcore

Integrity
Rorschach
Old Poison The Well
Earth Crisis
Converge

FUCKING THIS

humanity is the devil, the opposite of december, destroy the machines (new one is good too) and jane doe/axe to FUCKING fall.

i haven't heard rorschach but i'm sure as shit going to now

anything labeled as holy terror hardcore is going to be damn heavy and damn awesome

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:08 pm 

Anyone hear the Carnifex cover of "Angel of Death"? I like it and think they did good with it.

Last.fm

~Guest 160745
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:55 pm 

Anyone heard the new Breathing Process album? Amazing album. Best of the year thus far. They've really stepped it up and have moved to a melodic death metal sound plenty of melodic BM influence. New clean vocalist sounds superb too.

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:17 pm 

Anybody know of some awesome, stupid-as-fuck, groovy deathcore that doesn't even try to be a respectable band in any way, shape or form? Stuff like Suicide Silence, Whitechapel, Carnifex, Impending Doom, etc etc. Albums that are brocore non-stop breakdowns (a la Emmure) are fine, although some blasting to build tension between the *chugCRASHthumpchugchugCRASHchugthump* in-yo-face beatdown Despised Icon-esque breakdowns is just as good. It doesn't even have to be completely metal, as stuff like Bring Me the Horizon, Emmure, and Suicide Silence are all perfect examples of what I'm in the mood for.
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

DemonX99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:17 pm 

TheExodusAttack wrote:
Anybody know of some awesome, stupid-as-fuck, groovy deathcore that doesn't even try to be a respectable band in any way, shape or form? Stuff like Suicide Silence, Whitechapel, Carnifex, Impending Doom, etc etc. Albums that are brocore non-stop breakdowns (a la Emmure) are fine, although some blasting to build tension between the *chugCRASHthumpchugchugCRASHchugthump* in-yo-face beatdown Despised Icon-esque breakdowns is just as good. It doesn't even have to be completely metal, as stuff like Bring Me the Horizon, Emmure, and Suicide Silence are all perfect examples of what I'm in the mood for.

I can't tell if you're trolling or not haha, but um

Oceano, Misericordiam's first full length, Rose Funeral, As Blood Runs Back, Salt the Wound, Annotations of an Autopsy, Chelsea Grin, ABACABB.

RevBau
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:57 am 

DeadXManiac wrote:
Anyone hear the Carnifex cover of "Angel of Death"? I like it and think they did good with it.

Its def interesting to hear. It didnt come with my album so I bought the track off iTunes. I thought vocaly it was a little weake. He could of really switched it up a bit. Sounded great musicaly though. Nice little make shift deathcore drumbeat/chug chug behind the original breakdown.

LOLORDx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:19 am 

TheExodusAttack wrote:

thy art is murder is the most perfect retarded breakdown laden bass drop filled deathcore band ever

get their ep infinite death and shit bricks

RevBau
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:06 am 

Annotations of an Autopsy - II: The Reign of Darkness
I just bought this album today and I must say that it is a MUST HAVE for any deathcore fan. Holy shit how this band has evolved in such a short amount of time. I may even go as far to claim this as the best deathcore album out there right now. I would def rank it up there with The Ills of Modern Man and This Is Exile... Now that Im thinking about it, this album sounds more like a death metal release then core (all though they still have many of their old elements intact).

I also recently picked up Hell Chose Me by Carnifex wich kind of resparked my deathcore interest. This is also a great album and yet another great improvement for this band. Alot heavier and alot faster than previous releases.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:34 am 

LOLORDx wrote:
TheExodusAttack wrote:

thy art is murder is the most perfect retarded breakdown laden bass drop filled deathcore band ever

i almost saw them live then the police shut down the concert because someone almost died so i didnt get to see them live

LOLORDx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:52 pm 

SatanicPotato wrote:
LOLORDx wrote:
TheExodusAttack wrote:

i almost saw them live then the police shut down the concert because someone almost died so i didnt get to see them live

i don't doubt it lmao their live shows are fucking nuts

UndertheKnife
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:57 pm 

DeadXManiac wrote:

Have you heard Monstrosity's?
They've done much better.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:03 pm 

LOLORDx wrote:
SatanicPotato wrote:
LOLORDx wrote:
TheExodusAttack wrote:

seen them live? it was shut down before they got on stage but i heard their concerts were very crazy,the concerts where your most likely to get hurt seem to be deathcore ones

LOLORDx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:51 pm 

SatanicPotato wrote:
LOLORDx wrote:
SatanicPotato wrote:
LOLORDx wrote:
TheExodusAttack wrote:

seen them live? it was shut down before they got on stage but i heard their concerts were very crazy,the concerts where your most likely to get hurt seem to be deathcore ones

no i've just seen videos. shit is fucking insane

and yeah honestly deathcore shows are extremely dangerous

DeadXManiac
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:27 am 

UndertheKnife wrote:
DeadXManiac wrote:

Have you heard Monstrosity's?
They've done much better.

I have, they're both good.

Last.fm

benigro
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:11 pm 

i'm new here, so flame away, but as far as a metalcore bands, check us out:
www.fallingtopieces.net
www.myspace.com/fallingtopieces
Falling to Pieces is the current project of ex-Bleeding Through guitarist/co-founder Scott Danough

we're not "deathcore" by any means, but the new shit we've been writing since the last cd we put out is way heavier and pulling a lot of almost black metal vibes into our songs.

thank you. drive through.

GarageMetal468
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:43 pm 

All Shall Perish - Since their latest album, Awaken the Dreamers, they've taken a more death metal approach and away from deathcore. The only track on that album that I would consider deathcore is Stabbing to Purge Dissimulation. However, their previous album, The Price of Existence, is a perfect album of how deathcore should be. Basically, Chris Storey, their lead guitarist on those two albums (ex guitarist now) is a fucking beast.

After the Burial - More of a mathcore band to me, but holy fuck their guitarists can shred. Check out the re released version of Rareform, the newest singer on there is better than the previous two in my opinion and the re recorded drums sound awesome.

Born of Osiris - Again, another mathcore classified band, but have great technical and progressive elements to their music as well as an amazing drummer and guitarist. Listen to the title track off of The New Reign for the best example of what I mean.

As I Lay Dying - Blah blah they're Christian so they're automatically bad... yeah no. At least they don't blatantly spread the word of Christianity and try to convert people. They have a lot of melodic elements in their music and their guitarists are great as well. An Ocean Between Us is one hell of an album.

Unearth - One of the first to help evolve metalcore and do what they do, and the only reason they get hate is because of all the rip offs from them. Like with As I Lay Dying, they are incredibly melodic with their music and have amazing guitarists. The Oncoming Storm and The March are great albums to check out.

benigro
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:28 pm 

GarageMetal468 wrote:
All Shall Perish - Since their latest album, Awaken the Dreamers, they've taken a more death metal approach and away from deathcore. The only track on that album that I would consider deathcore is Stabbing to Purge Dissimulation. However, their previous album, The Price of Existence, is a perfect album of how deathcore should be. Basically, Chris Storey, their lead guitarist on those two albums (ex guitarist now) is a fucking beast.

After the Burial - More of a mathcore band to me, but holy fuck their guitarists can shred. Check out the re released version of Rareform, the newest singer on there is better than the previous two in my opinion and the re recorded drums sound awesome.

Born of Osiris - Again, another mathcore classified band, but have great technical and progressive elements to their music as well as an amazing drummer and guitarist. Listen to the title track off of The New Reign for the best example of what I mean.

As I Lay Dying - Blah blah they're Christian so they're automatically bad... yeah no. At least they don't blatantly spread the word of Christianity and try to convert people. They have a lot of melodic elements in their music and their guitarists are great as well. An Ocean Between Us is one hell of an album.

Unearth - One of the first to help evolve metalcore and do what they do, and the only reason they get hate is because of all the rip offs from them. Like with As I Lay Dying, they are incredibly melodic with their music and have amazing guitarists. The Oncoming Storm and The March are great albums to check out.

word on the street is that chris storey is back with ASP... at least for the summer slaughter tour.

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:53 pm 

I disagree about ASP's latest album being closest to death metal, the only album that does come close to death metal is 'Hate.Malice.Revenge'

Their latest album is more somewhere in between technical deathcore and progressive metal if you ask me..

and Price Of Existence is to me their most deathcore sounding effort till now..

my personal favourite would be HMR, fuckin great album, it's melodic yet maintaining one hell of a crushing death metal sound!
too bad they don't play much of it live anymore.. only 'Deconstruction' and 'Laid To Rest' once in a while...

how fckin massive it would it be if they'd play something like this live :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWcaSQuqyjM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55UNcs-B ... re=related

Acidchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:54 am 

ASP's latest is my favorite deathcore album out of the lot, definitely.

AWESOME BRUTAL DEATH METAL
CHECK IT OUT

CrownOvHorns
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:22 pm 

Has anyone heard Burning the Masses' new track on their Myspace? They've really stepped up. Plus, they have Big Chocolate on vocals :D

CrownOvHorns
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:29 pm 

benigro wrote:
GarageMetal468 wrote:

word on the street is that chris storey is back with ASP... at least for the summer slaughter tour.

Nope, they've got Jason Richardson for the tour.

benigro
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:05 pm 

CrownOvHorns wrote:
benigro wrote:
GarageMetal468 wrote:

Nope, they've got Jason Richardson for the tour.

is that just because BOO is playing as well which makes in convenient? because i heard storey was back from a pretty reliable source. oh well. they both shred balls.

Slats
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:14 pm 

Having decided to check out Converge, I've been loving it, but I don't know where to go from here exactly since I know nothing about metalcore. Can anyone start me off with some bands that are similar to them?

gazeovice
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:37 pm 

DemonX99 wrote:
TheExodusAttack wrote:

I can't tell if you're trolling or not haha, but um

Oceano, Misericordiam's first full length, Rose Funeral, As Blood Runs Back, Salt the Wound, Annotations of an Autopsy, Chelsea Grin, ABACABB.

You are the fucking man for listing Misericordiam; check out Crematorium and Heavy is the crown if you want some good stomping stuff. If you want some pissed off straight up deathcore; it doesn't get more primitive than Oceano and Misericordiam.

CrownOvHorns
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:33 pm 

Slats wrote:
Having decided to check out Converge, I've been loving it, but I don't know where to go from here exactly since I know nothing about metalcore. Can anyone start me off with some bands that are similar to them?

Botch and The Dillinger Escape Plan.

Zoldaten_ov_Zatan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:06 am 

Man, this thread has a subset of the forum you just don't see in other areas.

gazeovice
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:07 pm 

Slats wrote:

They aren't really core; or maybe slightly influenced by metalcore, but Fuck the Facts sound somewhat like Converge. If you don't mind a little bit of grind thrown in for good measure

Rottenrectum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:18 am 

Speaking of Misericordiam, anything similar to the second EP? I mean incredibly blast-happy brutal death/grind/deathcore, preferably with similar guitar sound.

darkdead wrote:
I have still quarrelling the musician.

CrownOvHorns
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:17 pm 

Rottenrectum wrote:
Speaking of Misericordiam, anything similar to the second EP? I mean incredibly blast-happy brutal death/grind/deathcore, preferably with similar guitar sound.

When I think of blast-happy, Mumakil comes to mind.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:54 pm 

I had no idea that Veil Of Maya bought out a new album, but from the one song I did hear, it sounds really nice. I'll have to buy that in the future.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

gazeovice
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:52 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
I had no idea that Veil Of Maya bought out a new album, but from the one song I did hear, it sounds really nice. I'll have to buy that in the future.

I'm not the biggest fan of Veil of Maya, but if you like that technical polyrhythmic stuff; you'll adore With Passion, After the Burial, and Conducting from the grave.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:03 am 

gazeovice wrote:
MikeyC wrote:

I'm not the biggest fan of Veil of Maya, but if you like that technical polyrhythmic stuff; you'll adore With Passion, After the Burial, and Conducting from the grave.

With Passion - They were okay. Not the greatest thing ever, but I'd probably a CD of theirs if it came up.

After The Burial - Holy shit, where have these guys been hiding? I've heard the name several times, but never seemed to look into them. I listened to two tracks from the newest album and I really loved it. Sounds a hell of a lot like Meshuggah, which is good for me. I'll almost certainly have to pick that up. Thanks!

Conducting From The Grave - Yeah, these guys were good, too. Very nice guitar work. I'll try to pick this one up somewhere, as well.

So, with all that, After The Burial was my favourite. They sounded sick, and I love the choppy guitar work they utilise. Cheers. :thumbsup:

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Axel_Sikth
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:48 am 

Speaking of polyrhythmic technical stuff and Meshuggah, check out Periphery. Their self-titled first album debuted not too long ago.

EDIT: "The Walk" has mad groove. Probably my favorite track off the album. Check it out.
But it didn't matter, 'cause they can't hear a sound

http://www.last.fm/user/Axel_Sikth

james1902009
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:36 pm 

there does exist one kick-ass metalcore song: "Like Light to the Flies" by Trivium

and for deathcore, "A Vulgar Picture", black Dahlia murder is pretty good.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 35  Next