Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:33 pm 

fux0r666 wrote:
Need help finding good funeral doom drone music. Just throw some totally far out bands at me and i'll try to pick up the ones which I like most! I would appreciate the help.

Beyond Black Void, Nortt, Catacombs, Stabat Mater.

Syntek
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:12 am 

fux0r666 wrote:
Syntek wrote:
Just to bring them back up, Black Sun Aeon just released the new single for their album out on the 25th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqlClbF3_UA

1:10 onwards is probably the most instantly orgasmic thing I've ever heard.

To much information. Also the females vocals where winy and I didn't like them. Not enough doom, also the music video was pretty terrible and uninteresting. Just a bunch of guys and that girl shot in photoesque ways. Definitely the worst song I have heard all day.

Metaphors. How do they work?
Anyway, you're entitled to your own opinion.

Oh, and to answer your drone/doom request:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=84542
I highly recommend Black Boned Angel also.

Melas
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:13 am 

Can anyone recommend me something in the vein of Despond by Loss? It's probably my favorite album that I've heard so far this year and I wonder if there is anything similar.

VindictiveSecondSoul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:40 pm 

can anyone rec some good classic doom.
something in the vein of:
cathedral (early)
Candlemass (early)
gates of slumber
SubRosa
Warning
Isole

preferably with as little "stoner" influence as possible. not looking for pentagram, orange goblin, electric wizard etc.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:11 am 

Reverend Bizarre, Evangelist, Crowned In Earth and The Wounded Kings are nice picks. Enjoy.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

AntBrown
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:02 am 

Hi - I'm new here and was hoping someone could turn me on to some new Stoner/Doom stuff in the vein of Spirit Caravan/The Obsessed/Earthride/Church of Misery?

Also, any Wino fans please get in touch if you have anything to trade/sell by him in any of his guises!!

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:22 am 

Let's make this thread more active!!!!

Also for your question AntBrown, i suggest looking at Solace, Samsara Blues Experiment, Green & Wood, Ethereal Riffian....All good doom/stoner bands.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:33 am 

Anyone know of any good psychedelic doom? Naam and UFOmammut are the only bands I can think of off the top of my head, but yeah anything really trippy.

AntBrown
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:01 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Let's make this thread more active!!!!

Also for your question AntBrown, i suggest looking at Solace, Samsara Blues Experiment, Green & Wood, Ethereal Riffian....All good doom/stoner bands.

Amen to more activity!!!! Thanks for the recommendations - will check em out!!!!

Leviathan27
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:13 pm 

Maybe here are not enough Stoner/Doom whatever fans?

But i recently discovered this genre too and i really like this kind of music!!! Even if i am not one from the weed priests.

dystopia4 wrote:
Anyone know of any good psychedelic doom? Naam and UFOmammut are the only bands I can think of off the top of my head, but yeah anything really trippy.

Check this out ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1BL0ll4QCw

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:10 pm 

dystopia4 wrote:

Check out The Devil's Blood, Blood Ceremony and Witchcraft. Not stoner, but really psychelic vintage doom. Not a wall of sound like Ufomammut but yeah, nice bands. Also The Flight of Sleipnir (some weird stoner/doom/folk)

Also my main recommendation : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfNHX5k9N-A
Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats, really high in my top of the year list.

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:10 pm 

Okay, I'm looking for epic doom of the Candlemass\Solitude Aeturnus vein, particularly in the vocal department,[Similar to Rob Lowe, Messiah etc.]Thanks.

last.fm

Byrain
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:19 pm 

TheOldOne wrote:
Okay, I'm looking for epic doom of the Candlemass\Solitude Aeturnus vein, particularly in the vocal department,[Similar to Rob Lowe, Messiah etc.]Thanks.

Have you heard Scald yet? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPMlvCeu ... re=related

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:35 pm 

^That was excellent thanks. I haven't heard of them before but will certainly be checking them out now.

last.fm

Psytopsy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:02 pm 

dystopia4 wrote:
This band, Камни play really psychedelic doom/stoner metal and its pretty good stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9mBjevvqg0
also check out stoned jesus. pretty good, heavy riffing and an obvious stoner vibe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J75yfYQv7R0

DemonHellSpawn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:56 pm 

dystopia4 wrote:

Electric Wizard - Dopethrone reminds me of Ufomammut's debut, but less psychedelic. Also check out YOB.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:53 pm 

Psytopsy wrote:
dystopia4 wrote:
This band, Камни play really psychedelic doom/stoner metal and its pretty good stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9mBjevvqg0
also check out stoned jesus. pretty good, heavy riffing and an obvious stoner vibe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J75yfYQv7R0

Thanks, both of those are great.
@DemonHellSpawn, Fear not, been listening to Dopethrone since I was 14, one of the best doom albums of all time. Also think YOB are pretty decent too.

Leviathan27
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:20 am 

dystopia4 wrote:
Thanks, both of those are great.
@DemonHellSpawn, Fear not, been listening to Dopethrone since I was 14, one of the best doom albums of all time. Also think YOB are pretty decent too.

Have you tryed S:T Erik?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1BL0ll4QCw

Or the new Lord of Doubts ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVMXZqIsWKc

Or Mountains of Judgement ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgnHjAh6 ... re=related

BaloroftheEvilEye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:51 pm 

Can anyone remember the name of that doom band that made one awesome song back in the 80's and quickly faded into oblivion? IIRC, one of the members had some trouble with the police, if that helps.

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:06 pm 

BaloroftheEvilEye wrote:
Can anyone remember the name of that doom band that made one awesome song back in the 80's and quickly faded into oblivion? IIRC, one of the members had some trouble with the police, if that helps.

Solomon Kane? http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Solomon_Kane/37197

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism.

BaloroftheEvilEye
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:07 pm 

That's the one, alright, thanks!

Mr_Wiggl3s
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:07 am 

killchain wrote:
killchain wrote:
Would someone recommend me something heavy, distorted, rather up-tempo and riff-driven death/doom/sludge? Take example of this song (the part after 3:15) - the rhythm section is amazing. Similar sound I'm already aware of: Acid Witch, Hooded Menace, Runemagick, Dopefight.

Anyone? Please.

Naw, that bongripper shit is pretty unique. Maybe Crowbars shit with Sammy Duet? Though, i think if you search the archives for Doom/Thrash, that's what you'd be looking for.

Folkemon_ wrote:
Can anyone list a bunch of old school melodic death/doom for me to check out? the odd female vocals/violins etc would be nice

stuff like Celestial Season and Lacrimas Profundere

You'd have better luck branching into Gothic Doom/Death Metal. Stuff like My Dying Bride, Draconian and a million others.

VindictiveSecondSoul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:18 pm 

hey guys, i am looking for something along the lines of Electric Wizard's Come my Fanaticts. the almost sludgy, slow, but not THAT slow, HEAVY riffs, and the clean yet almost harsh at the same time vocal style he uses on that album. i just dont get the same feeling from other EW albums, and im wondering what else out there could satisfy my craving for that HEAVY occult-ish doom that i get from that album.

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:14 pm 

Anyone know of any good blackened drone/doom? Stuff kinda like Münn or Elu of the Nine?

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism.

VindictiveSecondSoul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:12 pm 

analog_winter wrote:
Anyone know of any good blackened drone/doom? Stuff kinda like Münn or Elu of the Nine?

i dont know of the bands you posted, but "blackened drone" make me think of the band Culted.
their album "Thunders from the upper deep" is pretty nice.

Bwwwooonnnggg_Onnn
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:57 pm 

analog_winter wrote:

Absum (Italy) - Eznerapsart Led Oicsnocbus Onamu (this record is absolutely chilling!)
Gnaw Their Tongues- An Epiphanic Vomiting of Blood
Hanged by Neck (Croatia) - s/t

You might also like:
Bunkur - Nullify ~ Bludgeon
Beyond Black Void - Desolate
Wormphelgm - Tomb of the Ancient King
Woebegone Obscured - Deathstination

The last three are all minimalist funeral doom bands with noticeable a black metal influence.
Hell you might even dig Sunn O)))'s Black one, it's defiantly not black drone, but Xasthur's vocals really create the kind of atmosphere I figure your after, even if Sunn O))) are no where near as abrasive as the likes of Munn.

I need a rec of my own too, I have become obsessed with Burning Witch. I just can not for the life of me find another doom band that is so apathetic, misanthropic, crushing and abrasive. They're perfectly juxtaposed between the extreme minimalist drone of early Earth and Sunn O))) and your "regular" Sludge and Sabbath inspired stoner doom. I have been searching for similar artists of similar quality and haven't had much luck outside of Khanate's s/t. So please rec away, but I have already checked out Mourner, Monarch, Orthodox, Orm, Moss, Eagle Twin & the aforementioned Khante. Must have tortured vocals like Edgy's or at least psychedelic like early sabbath or the more effect driven style employed by the likes of Electric Wizard. I don't want anything epic, whiny or "sorrowful" loaded with nat. minor melodies etc etc.

MortalScum
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:17 am 

dystopia4 wrote:

Check out Yob's Elaborations of Carbon album, really trippy doom that doesn't lack in heaviness. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xztqW5tfFGY

Maybe Mountain of Judgement as well?

Give Mammatus a try as well, doomy psychedelic rock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJOh0Dlw6vk

Electric Wizard's latest also has a lot of psychedelic elements in it (I know you didn't give it a very good review, but listen to it for its psychedelic stuff rather than for heaviness). I'd still recommend it.

Can anyone rec me any epic doom metal stuff? Been listening to stuff like Pallbearer, Warning and Solstice a lot and I'd love to hear more bands.

DreamTheater3
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:22 pm 

If you like Stoner Doom you should check out Ocean Chief and Suma, both from Sweden. Both heavy as hell psychedelic Electric Wizard-eque doom.

VindictiveSecondSoul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:32 pm 

^thanks ill look em up since thats what ive been trying to find haha.
lately ive been listnen to dopethrone alot. i always hated that album before bc it just didnt seem to have the same apeal that come my fanatics had, but after giving quite a few spins the last couple weeks ive fallen in love with that one too...
saturnalia temple has also been getn into my blood lately. ive heard lots of people bashn on them, but i cant figgure out why... black magic metal will live again!!!

DreamTheater3
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:37 pm 

TBH I don't think Saturnalia Temple is that great, sure they have talent, and the vocals are awesome, but they just don't do it for me. Also, you're welcome for the suggestion :)

VindictiveSecondSoul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:20 am 

well whether you like em or not, im still gonna be jamn out \m/ haha.
maybe theyll pick up and end up with a few albums under their belt, i have a feeling that these guys are gonna do something good if they keep on goin. they do only have one full length out, so anything could happen.

Dooders
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:46 am 

Came here to recommend one of my favorite albums of the year which I am sure a lot have missed. Fans of old Electric Wizard and 70's groovy occult doom have been waiting for this.

Windhand - S/t
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvGb1zL47Ms

DreamTheater3
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:10 pm 

Dooders wrote:
Came here to recommend one of my favorite albums of the year which I am sure a lot have missed. Fans of old Electric Wizard and 70's groovy occult doom have been waiting for this.

Windhand - S/t

Fuck. Yes. Best discovery of the day...thanks, man!

Dooders
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:09 pm 

DreamTheater3 wrote:
Dooders wrote:

Windhand - S/t

This album has had a delay for the vinyl release so it is almost sold out, but for those who want a physical copy, there's a few left on black vinyl. Only $12.00!!!!
http://www.forcefieldrecords.org/store/

Definitely a new favorite band and can't wait to see what the future holds for them.

Moravian_black_moon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:02 pm 

Can anyone recommend any doom/death like this?:

Sceptical Schizo - Into the Suction of Blue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=575rNsbt7ao

IdiotFlesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:06 am 

Funeral Doom with a gothic sort of tinge? Any type of vocals will do.

Harlequin_Fetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:11 pm 

Where would be the best Electric Wizard album to listen to when starting off. I was listening to Dopethrone but wasn't as impressing as every usually says it is.

The_Kreator
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:18 pm 

I would say Witchcult Today. Come My Fanatics is my favorite but it's pretty unaccessible.

Low_Life
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:24 pm 

DreamTheater3 wrote:
Dooders wrote:

Windhand - S/t

Shit, you nearly got me high just by listening to the song in link!
Btw, more like this?
I'm trying to get into some more stoner/doom. I've found much pleasure in Sleep's Jerusalem, some Electric Wizard (Witchcult + Black Mass), Acid King and Witch.
But I am not very good at digging deeper into the genre.

garthmargengi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:41 pm 

Hi there people,

I'm looking for that kind of stoner drony doom, like Rose Kemp's Golden Shroud, Sleep's Holy Mountain, Sabbath's old albums and Earth's first demo.
Psych and old prog rock influences would be welcome as long as they're not overwhelming.
I know Acid Witch, Electric Wizard, Om and I don't like them; neither do I like all those modern old-school-doom revival bands, they sound pretty lifeless, cheesy and boring to me, like they're trying too hard.
It doesn't necesarily have to be an old band, but I'm not looking for carbon copies, which seems to be what plagues nowadays' scene.
Yeah, I'm really picky and bitchy when it comes to music, but if anyone can recommend something I like I'll be truly grateful.

___

To bring some balance to life, here's one recommendation for anyone who's wanting to hear some laidback lazy and bluesy doom. Found it around the times when they added the random button to the database search, one of the best finds I've gotten thru that feature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d3K81d38NY

Anyone who enjoys early The 3rd and the Mortal and late Asunder should like this.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 133  Next