Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:40 am 

wraithlike wrote:
Anyone know any recent brutal death in the vein of Gorgasm? Masticate, and Orgy of Murder were my favorite albums by them.

So basically just brutal death metal with decent yet dirty production and sparse moments of really nice melodic passages.

-Injury Deepen (Indonesian Gorgasm worship, seriously great stuff).
-Peshmerga and Incestuous are both basically Gorgasm side-projects, share some members, great early 2000s BDM.
-Human Filleted shared some of the same members as well, new line-up, that is.
-Seminal Embalmment like Gorgasm so much they took their name from a song on Masticate to Dominate
-Regurgitation, the one from Ohio, was one of the best Midwest bands around the same time, definitely played a lot of shows together.
-Goratory might be your speed, a little more Cryptopsy-ish, especially on Orgasm Induced Diarrhea.
-Meathook from Arizona has some neat little melodic pieces, at least on the first album, haven't heard the second.
-A lot of Colombian BDM has dirty production and inject some subtle melodies. First bands that come to mind would be Mental Apraxia and Ancient Necropsy definitely. Goretrade, Blaze Inside, and Amputated Genitals have some of the melodic riffs as well, to a bit of a lesser extent, but honestly most Colombian bands do it to some degree.
-Bands that are a bit more tech-y (without being bland-ass wank-core) tend to flirt with the melodic-type riffs a lot; Malignancy, Nefas, Penis Leech, Wormed, Insidious Decrepancy, Inherit Disease, Yattering, old Deeds of Flesh (DEFINITELY) etc. I could see those scratching that itch for you.

That's about all of them that come even remotely close to that sound that I can think of. Hope that helps. Let me know what you like and dislike and I'll try to come up with some more if you want!

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:37 pm 

I'd ask this in the melodeath thread but it's pretty much dead. Are there any bands similar to Arghoslent?

overtenmy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:05 pm 

I saw someone looking for old school death metal and there were some suggestions to check out Disma and some Incantation worship bands. Has anyone else listened to Ruinous “Graves of Ceaseless Death?” I didn’t buy it immediately when it came out last year. However it’s a really solid album for anyone who likes Disma or Funebrarum. Dark Descent released it and it seems they can’t do much wrong.
Spoiler: show
Youtube: show

Azrael44
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:15 pm 

Azrael44 wrote:
I Would like to know if there are Gothic Death Metal albums (with optional various instruments but without doom metal)

Up

Lane
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:15 am 

^

How about these twoo albums from Germany, the land of goths!?

Both get loads of bashing, but I find them (rather) interesting:

Atrocity - Blut (okay, this one has some folky stuff, but no doom)
Luna Field - Diva

Xymosys
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:40 pm 

Azrael44 wrote:
Azrael44 wrote:
I Would like to know if there are Gothic Death Metal albums (with optional various instruments but without doom metal)

Up

Crematory - Transmigration & Just Dreaming
Lake Of Tears - Greater Art
Cemetary - Godless Beauty
Sentenced - Amok & The Trooper EP
Cryhavoc - Sweetbriers & Pitch-Black Blues

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:13 pm 

im looking for death metal with drumming similar to Avulsed on Ritual Zombie. Dont know if this description is clear enough but any recs would be appreciated.

Here's a sample

Larval Divination
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:45 pm 

IamDBR wrote:
I'd ask this in the melodeath thread but it's pretty much dead. Are there any bands similar to Arghoslent?

Nobody! Still, the closest I've ever gotten is probably House Of Atreus. You could also try Ares Kingdom and Sacriphyx, always got a few Arghoslent vibes out of those two.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:45 pm 

Appreciate it, thanks!

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:27 am 

IamDBR wrote:

You should check out Mi'gauss

Been trying to remember this band since i saw your request, less jubilant than Arghoslent but somewhat similiar. Regardless its good stuff and features dudes from Rottrevore.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 257, 258, 259, 260, 261