* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:17 am 

Hayisforhorses wrote:
halfformedfetus wrote:
Hey guys, could anyone recommend some brutal bands similar to Gorgasm, Deeds of Flesh. Please no slam, i went through a slam stage and i am burnt out on it.

Hopefully something in here to your liking:

Regurgitation - Tales of Necrophilia (fucking savage and reasonably technical brutal death)
Sepsism – To prevail in disgust (debut is also great but more old school brutal ala CC, this however ought to fit your request)
Deprecated - Deriding His Creation (bdm super group, short but sweet like a mix of old Pyrexia, DoF, Disgorge all thats good)
Pyaemia – Cerebral Cereal (absolutely killer well rounded work of bdm)
Flesh Consumed – Anything (personally I recommend Mutilate, Eviscerate, Decapitate... cali brutality, techy but with a nice sense of groove)
Defeated Sanity - Prelude to the Tragedy (less dense than later releases, imo has mid-period DoF vibe)
Dissenter – Bloodlust & Blasphemy (polish dm mix of Deeds of Flesh, Deicide and as to be expected Vader)
Sarcolytic - Thee Arcane Progeny (excellent tech brutality, think DoF meets Nile with some Myrkskog on the side)
Guttural Secrete – Reek of pubescent despoilment + Nourishing the spoil (fast spastic bdm with a little bit of slam)
Disentomb – Misery (brutal and technical, like Disgorge meets Immolation with some crushing doomy passages)
Inveracity - Circle of Perversion (very Suffocation influenced but has that dry clipped DoF feel)
Disavowed – Perceptive Deception (mix of DoF and percussive NYDM style stuff)
Severed Savior - Brutality Is Law (more cali brutality, on the techier side especially so on their second lp)
Visceral Bleeding – Any (ferocious and dense technical bdm, all good stuff but I personally prefer their first album)
Defaced Creation – Serenity in Chaos (excellent Swedish bdm, became Aeon)
Condemned – Realms of the Ungodly (more bdm and less slam than their other releases)
Goratory – Any (you may be best off with Sexual Intercorpse, later stuff is increasingly technical and ridiculous but good fun)

Thanks alot dude! I do already know some of these bands. But only around half, i was into brutal death metal hard years and years ago. But stopped listening to it and focused on black metal and old school death metal, but i spun a Gorgasm cd the other night and loved it. I have the urge again. Thanks for the reccomendations dude. If you think of anything else let me know! Im chasing that fast, intense stuff like what you listed so thats perfect.

rodrigocfj
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:26 am 

schizoid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:12 am 

Take it to the promo forum mate

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:38 am 

halfformedfetus wrote:
Thanks for the reccomendations dude. If you think of anything else let me know! Im chasing that fast, intense stuff like what you listed so thats perfect.

No worries. I've been binging on less slam oriented bdm (slam is so fucking over saturated right now) this is some stuff I have been listening to lately:

Obvious stuff, some more so than others:
Malignancy, Hate Eternal, Hour of Penance, Fleshgod Apocalypse (their debut at least) - Yeah all obvious i know, but just in case.
Vile - Depopulate (ought to be right up your street)
Human Mincer - Devoured Flesh (solid discography but this my personal favorite)
Beheaded - Anything (again obvious and another solid discography)
Brodequin - Festival of Death (intense! on the raw/feral side of BDM than stuff already mentioned)
Putridity - Ignominious Atonement (ridiculously intense brutal death/grind)
Abysmal Torment - Cultivate The Apostate (all good though this albums is less slammy than previous offerings)
Scattered Remnants - Inherent Perversion + Destined to Fail (oldie but goodie, like a BDM take on Incantation)
Kronos - Colossal Titan Strife (bdm with some welcome melodic elements)
Lost Soul - Chaostream (great band, arguably their most directly brutal release)

Some more recent stuff, well past 10 years or so anyway:
Nox - Ixaxaar (savage roided up Centurian)
Unfathomable Ruination - Misshapen congenital entropy (intense tech/bdm from the UK)
Decaying Purity - Malignant Resurrection of the Fallen Souls (Turkish BDM, typical atonal bdm with some nice melodic flourishes)
Odious Mortem - Devouring the Prophecy (solid BDM, second album is way more polished and technical)
Devangelic - Resurrection Denied (great Italian Disgorge-esque bdm)
Desecravity - Implicit Obedience (Japanese bdm, techy with a bit of a mathy/core vibe)
Deivos - Emanation From Below (reliable Polish bdm, first couple of albums are best imo though their latest sounds promising)
Amputated Genitals - Human Meat Gluttony (crazy Colombian ultra BDM, think Purulent, Internal Suffering etc)
Dead Beyond Buried - Condemned to Misery (reasonably brutal good mix of new and old schools, like Dying Fetus meets Morbid Angel)
Iconic Vivisect - Monument of Depravity (a while since i last heard this one, I remember liking it)

Mix of older, obscure or stuff that is maybe a bit further off base:
Cinerary - Ritual of Desecration (Disgorge meets Brodequin literally, good but not as great as either)
Orchidectomy - A Prelate's Attrition (raw frenzied brutal death, like Brodequin molesting early Kataklysm, their 06 demo has a cleaner production if it matters)
Cerebral Hemorrhage - Exempting Reality (brutal NYDM with some added weirdness, really good)
Sect of Execration - Baptized Through Blasphemy (savage as fuck BDM with a bit of slam, like a raw primitive Guttural Secrete)
Nefas - Transfiguration to the Ancient's Form (reasonably technical BDM from Italy, really good)
Disordered - Documentaries Of Disgust (raw savage grinding BDM, another good one)
7th Child - Bled to Death (obscure BDM from the uk, fast stuff and has that dry early/mid-period DoF vibe)
Flesh Feast - Flesh Feast (nasty unpretentious BDM from Canada, overlooked)
Uncreation - Uncreation (raw violent BDM from Spain with some ridiculous blurred vocals, good stuff)
Agony - Apocalyptic Dawning (old-school Quebecois BDM, intense if a bit rough edged)
Hidden Pride - Brutal Advice (Quebecois grinding BDM with oddly melodic soloing)
Broken Torso - The Ultimate Abhorrence (fast old-school brutal death metal)
Neuropath - Desert of Excruciation (dark Australian bdm,its a demo so raw but really good)
Death of Millions - Frozen (old-school grinding brutal death from Texas)
Cyanosis - Methods (raw fuzzy but great old-school bdm)
Coprobaptized Cunthunter - Failure Prosthesis (ridiculous bdm/goregrind raw and intense, maybe a stretch to far )
Psychrist - The Abysmal Fiend (vicious Deicide-esque old school BDM from Australia)
Agony Conscience - Anything (ultra raw savage BDM/grind with weird ambient interludes, way off base but i love this band and will rec them each and every opportunity)
Detestation - Massacre of Hate (old-school brutal death, quite odd but worth a punt)

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:40 am 

Impressive list, hayisforhorses. Very impressive actually. Shocked to see Nefas, Broken Torso, and a few others on there, you really know your stuff. I have a few other recommendations I might add, generally in the Early 2000s BDM style. My favorite label in BDM currently is New Standard Elite, and they really specialize in raw sounding brutal death, very much in that turn-of-the-decade format. Here's a few NSE releases in particular I think you'll really enjoy, and honestly everything the label releases is quality. It's run by Dan Osborne, drummer of Inherit Disease, which is also a band you should really check out if you haven't already, especially Visceral Transcendence. He's also a good personal friend of mine and is going to be playing drums in a project that I'm starting in the vein of Abhorrence, Nox, Rebaelliun, Hate Eternal, etc. lol.

Abnormal Inhumane-Consuming the Infinity (new Greek BDM, very strong Inveracity/Deeds of Flesh vibes)
Injury Deepen-Anthropophagus Realm (Inndonesian band that sounds a lot like Gorgasm. Honestly the whole Indo scene sounds a lot like Disgorge, so looking into some of those bands isn't a bad idea, such as Bloody Gore, Asphyxiate, Bleeding Corpse, Anorgasm, Bleeding Murder, Gerogot, Gore Infamous, Guttural Disease, Jasad, Plasmoptysis, Reduced, etc. It's a gold mine if you can dig through the literally hundreds of bands from there)
Iniquitous Deeds-Incessant Hallucinations (probably my favorite release on the label. Super alien sounding BDM; if you want to hear the weirdest shit ever, listen to the last 2 minutes of Infinitive Putrefaction)
Baalsebub-The Sickness of the Holy Inquisition (Estonian Brodequin worship)
Abhorrent Castigation-Throne of Existential Abandonment (German brutality that had Lille Gruber of Defeated Sanity on drums)
Delusional Parasitosis-Ingurgitating Intestinal Rot (hyperblasting raw brutality with predator vocals)
Dissevered-Agonized Wails of Disseverment (Laotian BDM)
Ecchymosis-Aberrant Amusement in Cadaveric Vomitplay (totally raw, sloppily powerful Thai BDM)
Embodied Torment-Liturgy of Ritual Execution (imagine a more dark, atmospheric Brodequin)
Euphegenia-Telexistent Depravity (members of Guttural Secrete and Cerebral Incubation)
Infectology-Innards of Misanthropic Embodiment (Ecuadoran brutal death)
Omnipotent Hysteria-Abattoir of Slain Deities (UK BDM in the vein of Disgorge and such)
Virulency-The Anthropodermic Manuscript of Retribution (insane vocal variation, Spanish band)
Seminal Embalmment-Seminal Embalmment (BRAND NEW Aussie brutal death, very Gorgasm-y)
Cerebral Effusion-Idolatry of the Unethical (one of Spain's best BDM bands, right up there with Wormed and Human Mincer)

Some other releases that aren't from NSE, with a wide range of years, though since Hay covered most early 2000s BDM already, a fair bit will be newer releases, 2008 and onward.

Septycal Gorge-Scourge of the Formless Breed (Italian brutal death, slightly techy, like most stuff from that area)
Insidious Decrepancy-Extirpating Omniscient Certitude (the best one man brutal death metal band of all time)
Unfathomable Ruination-Finitude
Fleshbomb-Reincarnated in Abomination
Derogation-Revival of a Nest Ignorant (another Ukrainian band)
Posthumous Blasphemous-Exhumation of Sacred Impunity (Belarusian BDM that's strangely technical, but not in a meedly-meedly sweeping way)
Relics of Humanity-Ominously Reigning upon the Intangible (Ukranian band, similar to Disentomb imo)
7 H. Target-0.00 Apocalypse (Spazzy Russian sickness)
Despondency-God on Acid
Blasphemer-On the Inexistence of God (very technical and riffy ITDM, sure to please)
Internal Suffering-Unmercyful Extermination (this is an early EP of theirs. Later work is much more well known and popular, but I love the rawness of this. Also, I am a HUGE fan of the Colombian scene; if you want to hear the rawest, most disgusting shit on the planet, dig into that scene, from around 2001-09 especially. Bands like Suppuration, Mindly Rotten [first album], Mental Apraxia, Blaze Inside, Wormeaten, Ancient Necropsy, Carnal, Goretrade, Evil Darkness, Melting Flesh,. Masturbation, Phalogore, My Plague, and Sadistic Mutilation. Here's actually a write-up and list I made about the scene: https://rateyourmusic.com/list/Morguelo ... ath-metal/
Alienation Mental-Ball Spouter (Craaaaazy Czech technical death/grind!!!)
Mortal Decay-Sickening Erotic Fanaticism (some of the best early BDM work ever)
Carnophage-Deformed Future//Genetic Nightmare
The Sickening-Sickness Unfold
Gorged Bile-Absterged from Hominal Patterns (the name brings to mind Pyaemia almost as much as the music)
Colonize the Rotting-Composting the Masticated
Severe Torture- Misanthropic Carnage (not sure how I missed this, one of the greatest brutal death metal bands of all time. All albums are great, but especially the first 2!!)
Kataplexia-Supreme Authority
Deepred-Prophetic Luster (extremely underrated Finnish brutal death, very much in that early 2000s style!)
Euphoric Defilement-Ascending to the Worms
Yattering-Human's Pain (disjointed, crazy Polish tech/brutal shit)
Mutilated-Devirginated Genital Pulp (one of my absolute favorite albums, so many fucking riffs!! Sounds like Severe Torture, or if Tomb of the Mutilated was dunked in nuclear waste and mutated into something even more heavy and gross.)
Moonfog-Cadaveric Changes (don't let the name fool you. sick stuff)
Mass Infection-For I Am Genocide (another Greek band, incredible tremolo riffs)
Corpulate-Boundless Expansion (surprisingly Malignancy-esque, also look into Incarrion if you like that style)
Back Door to Asylum-Cerberus Millenia
Necrotic Disgorgement-Suffocated in Shrinkwrap (Hay mentioned Regurgitation, this is almost a continuation of that band, shares members)
Debodified-Utopia in the Eyes of the Beast
Shuriken Cadaveric Entwinement-As the Shroud of Suffering Suffocates the Land
Peshmerga-Murderous Acts of Cruelty (probably about the closest thing to Gorgasm you'll ever find, shared members)
Human Filleted- Blunt Force Embludgeonment (another band that shared members with Gorgasm)
Face of Oblivion-Cataclysmic Desolation (kinda techy stuff, out on Comatose last year)
Incinerate-Anatomize
Domination Through Impurity-Masochist
Saprogenic-The Wet Sound of Flesh on Concrete (evil sounding riffs in this one)
Unmerciful-Unmercifully Beaten (debut is best, but the new one is good too)
Pillory-No Lifeguard at the Gene Pool
Sufferatory-Compulsory Martyrdom (Russian band that really likes Suffocation and Pyrexia)
Penis Leech-Proliferation of Malignancy (this is a compilation, but it's easy to find on CD, surprisingly great band)
Gory Delivery-Conceived to Prevail
Embryonic Depravity-Constrained by Miscarriage
Fumes of Decay-Devouring the Excavated
Meathook-Infernal Torture
Gortuary-Manic Thoughts of Perverse Mutilation
Hideous Deformity-Defoulment of Human Purity
Corporectomy-Within the Weak and the Wounded
Decrepidemic-The Void of Un-Existence
Repulsive Dissection-Cut Open the Aberration
Deadlystrain-The Moltitude of Beings
Birth through Gore-The Culmination Conquest
Birth of Depravity-From Obscure Domains
Haemophagia-From Sickness to Cult
Christ Denied-...Got What He Deserved (Dave Rotten of Avulsed!!!!!)
Carnivorous Voracity-The Impious Doctrine
Baalphegor-Post Earthquake Age
Extreme Violence-Ecstasy in Pain
Arsebreed-Munching the Rotten (dumb name, but this is basically what Pyaemia turned into)
Brutus-Slachtbeest (one of the most unrelenting albums of all time)
Houwitser-Rage Inside the Womb (a little more old school but totally savage)
Castrensis-Hierarchies (painfully dark Danish brutal death)
Copremesis-Muay Thai Ladyboys (super fucked up NYDM....)
Purulent Jacuzzi-Vanished in the Cosmic Futility (if you like the Coprobaptized Cunthunter rec, you'll like this)
Gored-Incinerate the Vanquished (tried to shy away from TXDM as the majority is really slam oriented, but I think this fits what you're looking for)
Die-Rise of the Rotten (one of the lesser known Unique Leader releases. Honestly, their entire catalog up until around 2008 is solid fucking gold, everything is worth checking out)

Ok so that's kind of a fuckload of bands. Hope you enjoy some at least, I'm certain you'll enjoy the majority of them.

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:07 pm 

blarg223 wrote:
monstrous comprehensive list

Thanks yeah been listening to dm for years but still finding new shit and stuff I missed at the time.
Great list heard of most of those bands but I have a huge backlog to actually get around to listening to, kids seriously eat into your listening time and my two year old just wants to listen to the Ramones and the Moana soundtrack all the time haha

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:21 pm 

Same. Hey I like to be thorough, alright? Hahaha yeah I've got probably 200 CDs I've never listened to in full, and I don't even have kids, I'm just a prick.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:22 am 

So I decided to give Depresy a go again and while I previously had only heard Sighting, I now decided to check ...and There Came the Tears with Christ and A Grand Magnificence. Both releases are really killer; the stuff you'd probably end up with if you'd combine the Greek ancient melodies (i.e of Septic Flesh) with the early melodic death sound of Sweden.

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:25 am 

blarg223 wrote:
Iniquitous Deeds-Incessant Hallucinations (probably my favorite release on the label. Super alien sounding BDM; if you want to hear the weirdest shit ever, listen to the last 2 minutes of Infinitive Putrefaction)

I remember hearing these guys s/t ep and thought it was promising but then slept on the album, BIG mistake!!!
Its like some fucked up Frankenstein monster of Disgorge, Demilich and Human Remains, listened to two songs on bandcamp instant purchase, thanks man.

I ought to learn from my mistakes I did the same thing with Unfathomable Ruination after hearing their demo/ep.

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:25 am 

I remember liking them before, but when I saw them live the first time, that all changed. Blew me the fuck away, now they're in my top 5 live bands for sure. Can't wait for a new album from them, hopefully coming soon. Especially now that they have Obie from Inherit Disease on vox.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:35 am 

I'm looking for some bands somewhat similar to Defeated Sanity. Already know about Abhorrent Castigation, Disentomb, Cenotaph and Disgorge.

Haven't found anything much like them but something similar to Wormed perhaps?

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:09 pm 

Maybe look up 2 inches at the literally 200 brutal death metal bands all in that vein you stupid fuck.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:46 pm 

Still butthurt for no good reason faggot?

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:02 am 

IamDBR wrote:
I'm looking for some bands somewhat similar to Defeated Sanity. Already know about Abhorrent Castigation, Disentomb, Cenotaph and Disgorge.

Not sure if it's as close to Defeated Sanity as you're aiming for, but maybe try Decaying Purity. Although I think Defeated Sanity do Defeated Sanity the best. :)

blarg223 wrote:
Maybe look up 2 inches at the literally 200 brutal death metal bands all in that vein you stupid fuck.

Cut the attitude, mate. No need for it.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:58 pm 

We literally just listed approximately 200 brutal death metal bands all in the vein of what he was asking for, Cenotaph, Defeated Sanity, Disgorge, Wormed, etc. When people make redundant requests, it's frustrating. I've spent a fair amount of time on the internet talking death metal to people and I've never blindly hated anyone as much as I despise IamDBR. I don't even know why either. But I digress. Hope he enjoys the lists I and hayisforhorses compiled.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:02 am 

Look man, I don't want the hostility either. In fact this the first time I have had a disagreement of this nature. I know/have sampled a majority of the bands mentioned here believe it or not. I frequent NSE, UL, Slam Ww, Gorehouse Prod. and don't limit myself to only the (((true))) stuff. The ones I mentioned stood out to me because this is such a saturated, repetitive, creatively deficient niche. I'm looking for a very specific sound and this broad brush approach is not the answer.

Thanks for at least being honest and have a good day.

EyesOfGlass
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:56 pm 

Does anyone know any bands similar to what Hypocrisy did between their Fourth Dimension and Final Chapter albums? That is, kind of atmospheric, spacey death metal like their tracks Apocalypse, Roswell 1947 or The Final Chapter.

Sepulchrave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:22 pm 

Has anyone got bands to recommend who mix BDM and goregrind? No slam stuff, though, please. All I know is Disgorge (Mexico) and Bile.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:18 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
IamDBR wrote:

Not sure if it's as close to Defeated Sanity as you're aiming for, but maybe try Decaying Purity. Although I think Defeated Sanity do Defeated Sanity the best. :)

Actually, I've also been in the mood for something similar to Defeated Sanity as well in terms of how organic they sound. That's their primary appeal to me. They're not overproduced like Wormed or any other brutal death metal band with loud fucking drums. Are those other bands in IamDBR's question pretty close?

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:33 am 

I'd say Abhorrent Castigation is pretty close, however, they aren't as grimy as DS imo. Disentomb are a bit cleaned up & have their own thing for the most part, strikes me as a bit doomy take on bdm if anything. Cenotaph's (Turkey) latest album had some nice DSesque techy sections. Can't vouch for the older stuff as it has been ages. DS sounds like Disgorge, not the other way around if that makes sense.

The point being DS is on another level. They have massive chops & have displayed with each succeeding album how ahead of game they are. I keep running into these second tier bands which fail to capture that magic. Or maybe I'm just being overly nitpicky here, oh well.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:16 am 

Been in the mood for old school death metal lately and I've been (re)discovering some cool stuff.

Autopsy are one of those classic bands I never checked out once I discovered death metal. I checked them out some years ago and thought they were a bit underwhelming. However, hearing Mental Funeral again lately must have done wonders! I'm not exactly crazy about the production but the music is a lot of fun; sludgy, rotten and catchy as hell.

I didn't expect much from Denmark's Dominus but the debut is one HEAVY slab of death metal. That guitar tone is incredible.

While most retro death metal bands bore the hell out of me, this band called Obscure Infinity sounds cool so far. The debut recalls early Necrophobic with a doomy twist. :)

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:08 pm 

IamDBR: The new Cenotaph is fairly close to DS...but their previous one may hit the spot a little better. It actually featured DS skinsman Lille Gruber on drums. Also, have you ever heard Castrensis?? They came out with a full-length called Hierarchies not too long ago I could see you enjoying. Another you may really dig is Kakothanasy from Switzerland. It's organic-feeling BDM that I can definitely see comparisons being drawn to DS, Wormed, a little Malignancy, and early Cryptopsy. Semi-spazzy, moderately technical but not total wankery, and some very interesting jazz rhythms on the drums. Beyond that and besides all the other names that have been mentioned, Defeated Sanity are an incredibly unique band, so I'm not surprised you're having difficulties finding anything similar.

Also, interesting tidbit, Dominus featured Michael Poulsen of rock band Volbeat. Weird to see how that happened.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:32 pm 

Sepulchrave wrote:
Has anyone got bands to recommend who mix BDM and goregrind? No slam stuff, though, please. All I know is Disgorge (Mexico) and Bile.

Urobilinemia: Japanese techy bdm with hilarious gurgle vox & other eccentricities.
Viscera Infest: Another Japanese band, more on the grindy side
Pathologist: Not really bdm, more in the vein of early Carcass but good shit nonetheless. Nice use of melody too.
Hacksaw: Mortician vibe, complete with annoying obscure movie samples & obscene distortion
Aposepsy: This is some standout stuff, the instrumentals are mindbending in particular. Vaguely reminds me of Katalepsy.

@blarg223:
Castrensis is fucking amazing! Sounds like Ulcerate, Gorguts & the like if they went full on bdm. There was another band like this one they only had a 3-4 song ep but I cannot recall them for the life of me, major Gorguts influence with bdm aesthetics.
The other band sounds messy as fuck tbh, though admittedly there is a weird charm to them.
Thanks!

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:22 pm 

Glad you liked them! Yeah Kakothanasy is a little crazier, more in line with the raw blasting BDM Orchidectomy type stuff with a good helping of Malignancy, which is also messy hahaha

EDIT: Could you possibly be thinking of THAETAS?????? that seems like it would be it, newer band, really brutal but with that jangly, discordant, post-death type shit, just did a 3 song demo last year.

DOUBLE EDIT: check out this thread from the New Standard Elite forum, I'm an admin over there and you may like some of the bands mentioned here! http://nseforum.boards.net/thread/102/b ... uitar-tone

Last edited by blarg223 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:43 pm 

colin040: If you dig Dominus, I definitely advise digging more into the Danish scene. Good one include Feticide, Ferocity, Dawn of Demise, Usipian, Thorium, Infernal Torment, Corpus Mortale, Iniquity, Swollen, Illdisposed, Mold, Phrenelith, Spectral Mortuary, The Cleansing, Defilementory, Die, Crocell, Panzerchrist, Cerekloth, Castrensis, Deiquisitor, Exmortem, Lustration, and Maceration are all solid choices. A little variation there, not all cult 90s OSDM, but all pretty cool stuff.

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:45 am 

blarg223 wrote:
Glad you liked them! Yeah Kakothanasy is a little crazier, more in line with the raw blasting BDM Orchidectomy type stuff with a good helping of Malignancy, which is also messy hahaha

Nice suggestion, probably why i'm liking this so much have never heard of these guys, those song titles though.
The Existential Interlude Exploring the Boundaries of the Time-Travelling Tormented Aspargus that Is Never to Be Gutted (with Special Appearance of Simon Jaccard's Smegma)

....ok then?!?!

Sepulchrave wrote:

I'd add Deaden and Sepsism (the Severe Carnal Butchery demo and Purulent Decomposition lp in paticular)
and Plerosis (the Gurgle Gag Punishment demo is great, has some slam influence but its primarily somewhere between Malignancy and LDOH, i've also hear good about their Gore as Plerosis demo as well but I have yet to find the music in any format :annoyed:)

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:12 pm 

The song you named is actually an instrumental piano interlude in the middle of the EP hahaha. They're a vegan band, hence all the vegetable-related songs. There's even a fucking gay insert in the booklet that just says "X number of farm animals were killed while you listened to this CD". It's kinda preachy, but I love the music so much that I really don't give a shit.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:20 pm 

blarg223 wrote:
EDIT: Could you possibly be thinking of THAETAS?????? that seems like it would be it, newer band, really brutal but with that jangly, discordant, post-death type shit, just did a 3 song demo last year.

DOUBLE EDIT: check out this thread from the New Standard Elite forum, I'm an admin over there and you may like some of the bands mentioned here! http://nseforum.boards.net/thread/102/b ... uitar-tone

It's not Thaetas but thanks anyway.

I've been lurking there for a while, some decent discussion there for sure. Had a sneaking suspicion you were involved, those massive lists gave it away!

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:29 pm 

blarg223 wrote:
They're a vegan band, hence all the vegetable-related songs. There's even a fucking gay insert in the booklet that just says "X number of farm animals were killed while you listened to this CD"

Haha that makes more sense, well a little more. Sounds like they have a sense of humour which makes a change from the majority of vegan bands. Very cool stuff regardless definitely get the Orchidectomy comparison, I like this sort of raw shit.

IamDBR wrote:
There was another band like this one they only had a 3-4 song ep but I cannot recall them for the life of me, major Gorguts influence with bdm aesthetics.
The other band sounds messy as fuck tbh, though admittedly there is a weird charm to them.
Thanks!

Wasn't Cyclonus was it? Though they have more of a Wormed vibe.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:50 pm 

Nope, but I'll check him out.

I say fuck it, plenty of other good stuff out there to look forward to. Plus I have a hard time remembering this sort of obscure stuff so there's a chance I'm overlooking some "crucial" info here. Appreciate the effort.

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:05 pm 

Hayisforhorses wrote:
Very cool stuff regardless definitely get the Orchidectomy comparison, I like this sort of raw shit.

If you like super raw, blasty stuff in that vein, you might want to check out this list I compiled of bands that play a lot of shit like that, the super nasty, gross brutal death. Don't know if you have checked out the Colombian scene at all, but that place was a goldmine of super raw shittiness about a decade ago!

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/Morguelo ... -sickness/

Also, IamDBR, here's a list I found whilst lurking on RYM, that is literally the most comprehensive compendium of technical death metal I've ever seen. There's over 1300 bands here and the majority will not fit what you are looking for, BUT they do have a section for brutal/tech death that I think you might really dig, there are some really cool gems to find. I myself need to comb over this a great deal. Check out pages 10-16 or so for what might fit your requests, but honestly the whole thing is fantastic. And feel free to jump in on the NSE forums! We've been trying to keep it going, but there aren't enough regulars most often.

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/RNG/tech ... rcenarion/

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:09 pm 

blarg223 wrote:
colin040: If you dig Dominus, I definitely advise digging more into the Danish scene. Good one include Feticide, Ferocity, Dawn of Demise, Usipian, Thorium, Infernal Torment, Corpus Mortale, Iniquity, Swollen, Illdisposed, Mold, Phrenelith, Spectral Mortuary, The Cleansing, Defilementory, Die, Crocell, Panzerchrist, Cerekloth, Castrensis, Deiquisitor, Exmortem, Lustration, and Maceration are all solid choices. A little variation there, not all cult 90s OSDM, but all pretty cool stuff.

I was happy to remove plenty of bands from my ''extreme metal bands to check out'' list. Don't let me add anything else for now please!
Kidding, I'll look those bands up.

So I've given Obscure Infinity's Putrefying Illusions a spin some days ago and it's refreshing to hear a modern death metal band that doesn't worship Entombed/Death and all. This album recalls early Necrophobic with a bit of a doom-y twist.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:27 pm 

blarg223 wrote:

Also, IamDBR, here's a list I found whilst lurking on RYM, that is literally the most comprehensive compendium of technical death metal I've ever seen. There's over 1300 bands here and the majority will not fit what you are looking for, BUT they do have a section for brutal/tech death that I think you might really dig, there are some really cool gems to find. I myself need to comb over this a great deal. Check out pages 10-16 or so for what might fit your requests, but honestly the whole thing is fantastic. And feel free to jump in on the NSE forums! We've been trying to keep it going, but there aren't enough regulars most often.

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/RNG/tech ... rcenarion/

RNG is a thorough mf. He's on MA by the same name, recommended me some pretty sweet stuff too.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:05 pm 

So I discovered this oddball death metal band from Bulgaria called Scapegoat. Their debut sounds cool so far; a bit on the atmospheric side with a bit of a technical edge to it yet it's very song-oriented stuff.

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:57 am 

Interesting that you bring up Scapegoat. I spent a few hours a couple weeks ago scouring YouTube and MA getting into some of the gems of the more oft-ignored countries of Eastern Europe. Places like Denmark, Poland, Holland, etc. get all kinds of attention normally, and some of the more Eastern countries like Ukraine or Russia itself have decently well known scenes, but how many bands can you name from places like Lativa or Bulgaria? So I tried to dig into those scenes, Latvia, Lithuania, Solvakia, Slovenia, Belarus, so on and so forth, especially from the mid 90s-early 2000s; when the USSR disintegrated, that region had a huge explosion of death metal bands and it produced some really neat stuff.

tl;dr good find man, been digging shit like that lately myself.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:49 pm 

You're welcome, man. Always a pleasure to share these kind of bands.

I've revisited one band from Slovakia lately: Depresy. I'm not aware of their post debut album stuff, but their 90s outputs are cool. Think of a combination between Septic Flesh and early Swedish melodic death metal.

I've also given Sadistic Intent a go last weekend. They're one of those bands that I had planned to check out for a long time. They might sound old school but they're seriously the most evil sounding band I've heard so far. As if 80s Morbid Angel got more doom-like. Really cool stuff.

The Crazy Old School Music Fan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:27 pm 

I posted this on the death/doom thread as well, seems this thread gets more attention though, so I'll ask here as well...

Quote:
Recently I've been enjoying the first two Obituary albums. Does anybody know any extremely doomy bands in the vein of Obituary? I have already heard Winter (so far the closest thing I've heard to this description), by the way, and I love that band.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:58 pm 

From what I remember, Winter sounded more like Celtic Frost gone doom/death or something

Perhaps Autopsy is what you're looking for?

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:25 pm 

Cianide: Celtic Frost influence
Jungle Rot (Earlier stuff): Just old school groove-death
Rippikoulu: Finnish death/doom
Perhaps the new Temple of Void? Heard alot of praise for it.

Also if you want something more 'infernal & hellish' check out Verbum.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:15 am 

Coffins, no doubt.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 255, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261 ... 290  Next