Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
KinskiTemper
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:53 am 

colin040 wrote:
So, I'm looking for old school death metal with a bit of a gothic feeling to it. The best example I can think of would be Obsecration's debut album. It's Midpaced, features spooky keyboards and doesn't sound too brutal/aggressive/heavy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7BSwq2pDqM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtnpLBhR48Q

Never heard this band before, I love it! I looked around for something I have that gives off a similar vibe, and I thought of Crypt of Kerberos. Take a look at this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLSsCBayiGU

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:05 pm 

Already know the band. Thanks for your reply though.

Zanzir
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:29 pm 

So stumbled upon this album today:

https://amputatedveinrecords.bandcamp.c ... -salvation

and i want an opinion on th drums,what do you guys think? are they triggered or something? do they sound normal/good to you?

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:54 pm 

Found some cool shit, can anyone suggest me something similar?

Cadaveric Fumes - Dimensions Obscure (2016)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcRv92uh3BI

ingmar birdman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:51 pm 

IamDBR wrote:

The new Tomb Mold reminds me quite a bit of them: https://bloodharvestrecords.bandcamp.co ... ty-12lp-cd

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:06 am 

Hey, will anyone be seeing Blood Incantation (next week?) in Austin? Let's grab pizza and a beer first.

rodrigocfj
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:30 am 

ingmar birdman wrote:
IamDBR wrote:

The new Tomb Mold reminds me quite a bit of them: https://bloodharvestrecords.bandcamp.co ... ty-12lp-cd

Check out SEPULCHRAL WHORE's debut EP - Everlasting Morbid Delights:

Bandcamp: http://sepulchralwhore.bandcamp.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/sepulchraldeath

devilry6
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:58 am 

Can someone rec me some hiquality death/black metal DVDs like those of krisiun, Marduk, hate, sinister, watain, deicide etc They seem to be few but that one of hate really jumped at me out of nowhere so fuck it

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:55 pm 

Thanks for the recs!

Got another one:
Any Cryptopsy clones anyone?

schizoid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:54 am 

I think Wormed is probably the closest to Cryptopsy I can think of off the top of my head.

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:46 am 

IamDBR wrote:
Thanks for the recs!

Got another one:

Cephalectomy their Eclipsing the Dawn album in particular, probably the closest thing I can think of.

Drowned
Tenebrous Apparition

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:40 pm 

IamDBR wrote:
Thanks for the recs!

Got another one:

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:47 pm 

IamDBR wrote:
Thanks for the recs!

Got another one:

Leaning a bit too far into the realm of the polished and digital, Desecravity's first album nevertheless has a very Cryptopsy sound:
https://desecravity.bandcamp.com/album/ ... -obedience
More Whisper Supremacy than None So Vile, though. And the vox are less interesting than either.

I haven't heard the followup, now that I think about it.

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:33 am 

Yeah, came across these guys yesterday by chance. Enjoyed it for what it is.

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:12 am 

Looking for very fiery, blast-heavy death metal in the vein of Centurian, Krisiun, Hate Eternal, Rebaelliun, Abhorrence, etc. Machine gun drums, high velocity, super tight riffs. Not looking for brutal death like Disavowed or tech death like Origin, but those types of speeds are perfect. Not to sound like a prick, but I'm extremely well-versed in the style, so I'm not sure if there's much out there I'm not familiar with, but any recs would be great. I actually compiled a list of bands in the style on RYM if anyone else is interested, and if you have a recommendation, make sure it's not on here already.

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/Morguelo ... h-metal-1/

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:23 pm 

blarg223 wrote:
Looking for very fiery, blast-heavy death metal in the vein of Centurian, Krisiun, Hate Eternal, Rebaelliun, Abhorrence, etc. Machine gun drums, high velocity, super tight riffs. Not looking for brutal death like Disavowed or tech death like Origin, but those types of speeds are perfect. Not to sound like a prick, but I'm extremely well-versed in the style, so I'm not sure if there's much out there I'm not familiar with, but any recs would be great. I actually compiled a list of bands in the style on RYM if anyone else is interested, and if you have a recommendation, make sure it's not on here already.

First ones to come to mind that are likely too obvious are Aeon, Kataklysm, and Sinister (Hate album for example). Myrkskog (Death Machine), and Zyklon are a couple more, probably too obvious ones.

New one, maybe a bit too much on the brutal side for you.

Another new one, that is very solid, and reminds me of polish death metal.

Weeping Birth is another hyperfast one you may like.

This is one of my favs of the year, but maybe too much on the brutal side.

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:30 pm 

Aeon and Sinister aren't really in the realm of what I'm looking for. Early Kataklysm rules, and Myrkskog is on my list actually. I do need to dig more into Zyklon's catalogue.

As for the others, I love Resurrected and Antropofagus (MORTE is definitely their best work yet, as a side note!!), but definitely a little too "brutal death" for what I'm aiming for. I'll be sure to check out the others though man, thanks!

Smitty
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:46 pm 

blarg223 wrote:
Looking for very fiery, blast-heavy death metal .../

Not 100% blasty, but a good portion is.
Daemon Foetal Harvest - Beasts of Tribulation

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:26 am 

blarg223 wrote:
very fiery, blast-heavy death metal

what about NOX? but I'm sure you know them if you're familiar with centurian.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:03 am 

Already know Daemon Foetal Harvest (though I haven't heard their newest one yet) and the NOX full length is one of the most played CDs in my collection. Literally sounds like Centurian having rough sex with early Hate Eternal, goddamn.

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:41 am 

blarg223 wrote:

You seem to know pretty much everything I would normally think of in this style, plus your list brought some stuff to my attention so thanks for that. May be a stretch but you could give these a go:

Infested Blood - The Masters of Grotesque (their later stuff is more tech/brutal death but I think their debut is more in line with what you are after)
Byatis - In Dark Abysses of Memory (pretty obscure french death metal, pretty brutal and blasting with a bit of en early Nile vibe)
Death Vomit - The Prophecy + Forging a Legacy (Indonesian brutal death metal, the riffs and blasting are pretty relentless and have some parallels to some of the stuff you mentioned)

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:50 pm 

I already knew Infested Blood, but the only album I've heard is Demonweb Pits. I'll be sure to look at the debut! Death Vomit I know, but I'll be sure to check out Byatis for sure, that sounds right up my alley! You sound like you know your shit. Hope you liked the list dude!

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:06 pm 

blarg223 wrote:

You may want to try the new Uerberos album Tormented by Faith and Infest - Cold Blood War. Misanthropic Existence - Death Shall Be Served, Pimeydentuoja - Hellcrowned, and Hellfire Deathcult - Death Worship are other possibilities, but they may have too much (bestial) black metal influence for what you're looking for.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:48 am 

blarg223 wrote:

You definitely seem to know your shit here, but I'll throw a couple of bands at you that I didn't see on your list.

You might already know most of these, but hey...

Drawn and Quartered. Brutal, fast, destructive, tight as fuck death metal annihilation. All albums rip.

Return of the Black Death

Hail Infernal Darkness

Escape to Cremation

Azarath. Surprised these guys didn't get a mention from you. Blitzkrieg!!

Nuclear Revelation

Christscum

Damned to Hell

Arkhon Infaustus. French and fucked up all the way.

Ravaging the Nine Pillars

Words of Flesh

Charon. Like a fucking nuclear detonation. Maybe not blasty enough though.

Flagellum Horribils (Trident Lash)

Key to Nowhere - The Absolute

Thy Weapon

Myrkskog. Brutal, blasting insanity from Norway. Fucking awesome.

Detain the Skin

Bleeding Wrists

Utter Human Murder

Ritual Torture. Not much released by these guys, but they are certainly solid.

Poison City

Damnation. Polish death metal victory.

Who Is Your God

From The Abyssland

Funerary Pit. Probably way off base, but it's fucking cool regardless.

Charnel Chasms

Vaults of Crawling Darkness

About all I got right now.

My collection

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:39 am 

Xenophon: I've been meaning to check out the Uerberos album. I love most Polish bands and even got a message from one of their members, just haven't had time. As far as the other recs, I REALLY hate black metal outside of maybe 4 bands, so those might not be the best for me. As far as I know about most bestial "war metal" BM type stuff, a lot is at least fairly lo-fi, which is definitely not what I want. Tight, moderately clean productions like Abhorrence or Rebaelliun's Annihilation are more in line with what I'm searching for. But I'll definitely check them out, regardless! Thanks man!

CrushedRevelation: I LOVE Drawn and Quartered! Seen them live once too, insanely sick. Need to dig more into their early shit, like To Kill is Human, but I can definitely see how they can fit in this list. Will revisit soon. Azarath is great, have the new CD only though, was actually considering adding them already hahaha. Arkhon Infaustus, from what I've heard, was a bit too black and lo-fi to fit my retardedly specific standards lol. Myrkskog is on my list, hoping for new music soon, I think Destructhor actually posted about writing new shit just a while back. Damnation is great as well! Need to hear more though. The others, I'm not familiar with, will be sure to check them out soon. Thanks a ton dude!

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:41 am 

Hi,

I want to listen to more stuff like this--->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQPN3cA7tgU

This is probably the best slam album I have ever heard. The bass is really thick and the drums also. The guitar tone is pretty rich. Most of the songs have great composition as well, but what really shines is the production quality. I listened to Vulvodynia right after this and it didn't sound half as good.

Cheers!

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:45 am 

That's because Vulvodynia is slamcore garbage, fuck them. Some shit you might like

Urethral Defecation
Awaiting the Autopsy
Bodysnatch
Cumbeast
Dark Prison Massacre (Secret of the Black Silk Stockings for sure!!!)
Extermination Dismemberment
Engutturalment Cephaloslamectomy (joke band but still super sick, trust me)
Aborted Fetus
Cerebral Engorgement
Cerebral Incubation
Crepitation
Disfigurement of Flesh
Decomposition of Entrails
Traumatomy
Intracranial Parasite
Gravitational Distortion
Embryectomy
Dysentery
Internal Devour

That's a few for ya. I actually made a list (yes another one) of bands that are mostly pure slam on RYM as well, feel free to check it out.
https://rateyourmusic.com/list/Morguelo ... h-metal/1/

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:17 pm 

Thanks blarg223,

that's the sound I was looking for. Didn't know that there were that many good bands in the genre.

Btw, have you heard this song. For me, it defines metal:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qc9vBzG9DA

Gene Chode
Stupid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:59 am 

I'm a big fan of 80s and 80s style thrashy death metal ( for lack of a better word ) in the vein of early Death , Nunslaughter , and Vomitor . I'm not familiar with all that many bands in that subgenre though , so I'd be interested in a few recommendations .

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:09 am 

Gene Chode wrote:
I'm a big fan of 80s and 80s style thrashy death metal

The early demos of 90s death metal bands should be a gold mine for you, since pretty much all of them made the thrash/death hybrid that became "regular" deth metal.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:13 am 

blarg223 wrote:
I'm extremely well-versed in the style, /

So can you suggest to me bands that sound like Krisiun and, mainly, Rebaelliun, but NOT Hate Eternal?

sonic_enemy_333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:15 am 

A couple of slam bands I came across that deserve a mention:

Syphilectomy
Cerebral Paralysis

Fromage_Qui_Pue
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:07 pm 

Gene Chode wrote:
I'm a big fan of 80s and 80s style thrashy death metal ( for lack of a better word ) in the vein of early Death , Nunslaughter , and Vomitor . I'm not familiar with all that many bands in that subgenre though , so I'd be interested in a few recommendations .

Maybe Genocide Past:

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:43 pm 

sonic_enemy_333 wrote:
Thanks blarg223,

that's the sound I was looking for. Didn't know that there were that many good bands in the genre.

Btw, have you heard this song. For me, it defines metal:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qc9vBzG9DA

Yeah there's a ton of slam out there, but in the past few years it's become insanely oversaturated, so there's a sea of shit to wade through to find the gems. Hope you enjoy the list. As far as that song goes, I can't say I've heard it. I only own one Vader CD so unless I own it, I probably haven't heard it.

blarg223
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:01 pm 

Opus wrote:
blarg223 wrote:
I'm extremely well-versed in the style, /

So can you suggest to me bands that sound like Krisiun and, mainly, Rebaelliun, but NOT Hate Eternal?

Sure can, friend! Most Brazilian stuff on my list sounds very similar (shockingly, I know) and a lot of the Polish bands have that very primal, fiery sound as well. Some good ones include:

Abhorrence (Brazil. maybe obvious, but the consummate Brazilian band)
Centurian (perhaps not the most similar, but I think you would like it)
Demogorgon (from Poland, check out Christ Is a Lie)
Exmortem
Exterminate (Brazil)
Funeratus (Brazil)
Gortal (Polish Krisiun, Deamonolith has some crazy drum work)
Havok (Brazil. not the shitty thrash band, the Brazilian one)
Hellish God
Holder (Brazil)
Horned God (Brazil. Fabiano of Rebaelliun's other band)
Laconist (Brazil)
Light of Dark
Martyrium Christi
Mental Horror (Brazil)
Mortificy (Brazil)
Nephasth (Brazil)
Ogotay
Oorlogsgoden (Brazil)
Ophiolatry (Brazil)
Orategod
The Ordher (Brazil, another Fabiano band)
Pyorrhoea (check out Desire for Torment)
Ravager
Totten Korps
Uerberos

18 of those 26 bands hail from either Brazil or Poland hahaha I think you will enjoy the majority of them. I marked the Brazilian ones, as those are the most similar to Krisiun and Rebaelliun.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:27 pm 

Wow, thanks!

Xenophon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:47 pm 

Gene Chode wrote:

Cist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjOIauoRG3A
Grave Plague: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYjFE8fYSTo
Rest: https://restdeathmetal.bandcamp.com/releases
Katalysator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtPwRZuP_s8
Terror: https://hellsheadbangers.bandcamp.com/album/legion-of-gore
Skeletal Remains: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zV7CYD1GeA
Vampire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4hKyxz2064

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:14 pm 

Hey guys, could anyone recommend some brutal bands similar to Gorgasm, Deeds of Flesh. Please no slam, i went through a slam stage and i am burnt out on it.

Fromage_Qui_Pue
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:51 pm 

halfformedfetus wrote:
Hey guys, could anyone recommend some brutal bands similar to Gorgasm, Deeds of Flesh. Please no slam, i went through a slam stage and i am burnt out on it.

Sorry if it's obvious, but maybe Cryptopsy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSZpI8sNshQ

Internal Suffering:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljJO1609gZ0

Disgorge:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEYiEbJxSMg

Deranged:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhox86UL4hE

Avulsed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4l-UcJOTCA

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:54 am 

halfformedfetus wrote:

Hopefully something in here to your liking:

Regurgitation - Tales of Necrophilia (fucking savage and reasonably technical brutal death)
Sepsism – To prevail in disgust (debut is also great but more old school brutal ala CC, this however ought to fit your request)
Deprecated - Deriding His Creation (bdm super group, short but sweet like a mix of old Pyrexia, DoF, Disgorge all thats good)
Pyaemia – Cerebral Cereal (absolutely killer well rounded work of bdm)
Flesh Consumed – Anything (personally I recommend Mutilate, Eviscerate, Decapitate... cali brutality, techy but with a nice sense of groove)
Defeated Sanity - Prelude to the Tragedy (less dense than later releases, imo has mid-period DoF vibe)
Dissenter – Bloodlust & Blasphemy (polish dm mix of Deeds of Flesh, Deicide and as to be expected Vader)
Sarcolytic - Thee Arcane Progeny (excellent tech brutality, think DoF meets Nile with some Myrkskog on the side)
Guttural Secrete – Reek of pubescent despoilment + Nourishing the spoil (fast spastic bdm with a little bit of slam)
Disentomb – Misery (brutal and technical, like Disgorge meets Immolation with some crushing doomy passages)
Inveracity - Circle of Perversion (very Suffocation influenced but has that dry clipped DoF feel)
Disavowed – Perceptive Deception (mix of DoF and percussive NYDM style stuff)
Severed Savior - Brutality Is Law (more cali brutality, on the techier side especially so on their second lp)
Visceral Bleeding – Any (ferocious and dense technical bdm, all good stuff but I personally prefer their first album)
Defaced Creation – Serenity in Chaos (excellent Swedish bdm, became Aeon)
Condemned – Realms of the Ungodly (more bdm and less slam than their other releases)
Goratory – Any (you may be best off with Sexual Intercorpse, later stuff is increasingly technical and ridiculous but good fun)

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 254, 255, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260 ... 290  Next