* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:53 pm 

MetalHearted wrote:
Enmity? :O

Yes, Enmity (http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Enmity/2070). That one might be a bit of a reach, but it's in the vein of that crunchy, technical brutal death even it it's generally far more simple stuff that others I named. What was your issue with them, just out of curiosity?

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:59 am 

Again, pretty tangential recs, Misfit74. I don't know all of those bands, but the ones I recognise don't really capture any of Effigy's atmosphere.

primitivevoid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:25 pm 

metaldiscussor666 wrote:
I'm looking for brutal death technical death metal that has grinding riffs and really heavy bass, kind of like defeated sanity, the only brutal death metal band that seems to fit that description.

I don't like melody, I would like to be drowned' in brutal sounds. Slow / bass heavy parts are okay.

Have you tried out decaying purity? dont know if they are an exact match to what you are looking for, but i find them similar to defeated sanity in that they are very dark sounding for the genre.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:51 pm 

primitivevoid wrote:
metaldiscussor666 wrote:
I'm looking for brutal death technical death metal that has grinding riffs and really heavy bass, kind of like defeated sanity, the only brutal death metal band that seems to fit that description.

I don't like melody, I would like to be drowned' in brutal sounds. Slow / bass heavy parts are okay.

Have you tried out decaying purity? dont know if they are an exact match to what you are looking for, but i find them similar to defeated sanity in that they are very dark sounding for the genre.

I made a few rec's (above) that can fit, but I'd especially point out Abysmal Torment. Ultra-heavy and technical brutal death. There a a couple relatively newer albums out, such as the ones by Blunt Force Trauma (Vengeance For Nothing, 2013) and Ossuary Annex (Awakening, 2012) that could be worth checking out for you.

meplusyourmom69
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:41 pm 

does anyone know a death metal album with like the inside of a church on the cover

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:27 pm 

meplusyourmom69 wrote:
does anyone know a death metal album with like the inside of a church on the cover

This one?

Mayhem1349
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:42 am 

Can anyone rec me some insane fast Progressive/technical bands? The Faceless new album and Rings of Saturn are the sound im looking for. Bonus points if the band incorporates high vocals.

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:45 am 

Mayhem1349 wrote:
Can anyone rec me some insane fast Progressive/technical bands? The Faceless new album and Rings of Saturn are the sound im looking for. Bonus points if the band incorporates high vocals.

Maybe give a look through this thread. Quite a few solid recs throughout.
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

Mayhem1349
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:48 am 

IX Leviathan wrote:
Mayhem1349 wrote:

Maybe give a look through this thread. Quite a few solid recs throughout.

I looked threw it, me and the OP had different views on what we like in our Tech/Prog Bands although i did really like the band Spasme that was posted, very good.

shibby2441
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:36 am 

Can anyone stuff like the slower songs on Morbid Angels Gateways To Annihilation?

MetalHearted
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:45 pm 

Misfit74 wrote:
MetalHearted wrote:
Enmity? :O

Yes, Enmity (http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Enmity/2070). That one might be a bit of a reach, but it's in the vein of that crunchy, technical brutal death even it it's generally far more simple stuff that others I named. What was your issue with them, just out of curiosity?

i wasn't trying to be hostile or anything, I only listened to their album once so i may be remembering slightly inaccurately, but I recall them being kind of convoluted and weird... Just didn't make me think Suffocation, but again I may be remembering incorrectly!

Grimbeard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:02 pm 

Looking for death metal like Blood Red Throne. Altered Genesis is one of my favorite death metal albums of all time. Fast, brutal, HEAVY with lots of palm muting.

Also, anything that sounds very close to Disma - Towards the Megalith. That is one of the heaviest albums I've ever heard. Thanks in advance!

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:19 pm 

Convulse's debut album for the Disma request. Try it out.

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:49 pm 

Is there any band similar to phantasm (a.k.a. human evil)?

dragmire
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:15 am 

Can someone recommend some progressive/technical death metal? More like Martyr and Beyond Creation and less like Rings of Saturn. Preferably something with audible bass(fretless is a plus).

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:50 pm 

dragmire wrote:
Can someone recommend some progressive/technical death metal? More like Martyr and Beyond Creation and less like Rings of Saturn. Preferably something with audible bass(fretless is a plus).

Spawn Of Possession and Obscura are the obvious choice. Augury is also a good choice and even though they're more prog death than tech/prog their second album is not that far from the sound you're after.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:04 pm 

The last two Decrepit Birth albums could be right up your alley as well. Diminished Between Worlds and Polarity sound to me like The Sound of Perseverance on steroids.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:45 pm 

dragmire wrote:

I recommend checking out Quo Vadis. Their latest album features Steve DiGiorgio on fretless bass. I think Hieronymus Bosch and Pavor are also along the lines of what you're looking for.
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:19 pm 

IX Leviathan wrote:
dragmire wrote:

I recommend checking out Quo Vadis. Their latest album features Steve DiGiorgio on fretless bass. I think Hieronymus Bosch and Pavor are also along the lines of what you're looking for.

Oh yeah! :nods:

chish
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:19 pm 

For some reason, I have an urge for some brutal death metal with lots and lots of solos, that doesn't descend into technical wankery. Any suggestions?

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:16 pm 

you need Vital Remains and Deicide

meplusyourmom69
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:38 pm 

I need some cool doomy stuff like purtenance

~Guest 292988
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:56 am 

E

Last edited by ~Guest 292988 on Tue May 05, 2015 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
GravityLapse
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:17 pm 

dragmire wrote:

You probably know them already, but Augury? Also from the Montreal area, I believe.

chish wrote:
For some reason, I have an urge for some brutal death metal with lots and lots of solos, that doesn't descend into technical wankery. Any suggestions?

I'm not sure exactly how brutal you like it, but Unfathomable Ruination has tons of solos, at least by brutal death metal standards. See for yourself. http://unfathomableruination.bandcamp.c ... al-entropy

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:20 pm 

Nebster173 wrote:
What's death metal with insanely fast guitars? Like Cryptopsy's Whisper Supremacy, but much faster.

Check out: Omnihility - Biogenesis (2012)

Sample: "Abscess of Oblivion"

Grimbeard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:25 pm 

Does anyone know of any death metal recordings without bass guitar? The closest thing I know of are the old Necrophagia demo's.

PillarofModern
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:35 pm 

Someone give me something delicious please. Technical death metal like Cryptopsy, not that artificial spawn of possession, i've had my share of obscura, and no, necrophagist will not cut it. whatever happened to technical death metal bands like suffocation, cryptopsy?! help me please. this forum introduced me to lord worm, something im eternally grateful for please give me something even better \m/

Velmu
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:37 pm 

Im looking for (brutal) death metal bands which sounds similar and/or has same kind of production value such as Perdition Temple, Mental Horror and Chaos Inception.

IntoNevermore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:49 pm 

PillarofModern wrote:
Someone give me something delicious please. Technical death metal like Cryptopsy, not that artificial spawn of possession, i've had my share of obscura, and no, necrophagist will not cut it. whatever happened to technical death metal bands like suffocation, cryptopsy?! help me please. this forum introduced me to lord worm, something im eternally grateful for please give me something even better \m/

Early Psycroptic maybe?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qIcskmYvAA

And

Pavor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms3rkheJbBE

so you perfectly understand why people don't like the shit

Last.Fm|Twitter|Youtube Channel|Facebook

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:07 am 

PillarofModern wrote:
this forum introduced me to lord worm, something im eternally grateful for please give me something even better \m/

There ain't.

Ten seconds into the Pavor song, sounds quite great. Thanks! Sounds like Cryptopsy playing Anata.

BloodSacrificeShaman
Leopold Herman Stotch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:06 am 

Hey dudes. I'm actually looking for something quite specific. In a nutshell, very heavy death metal or death/doom with quite noticeable and stand-out Russian/Polish/Slavic language vocals. Probably the best example of what I'm looking for is Polish NS band Antisemitex (I'll link a song) but more musically proficient. I just find those vocals incredibly pissed off sounding and would love to hear similar things in a band that is better musically. Any replies would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

(vocals begin at around the 2 minute mark)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjA0A3IA ... 1361187059

slayer85
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:22 pm 

Grimbeard wrote:
Looking for death metal like Blood Red Throne. Altered Genesis is one of my favorite death metal albums of all time. Fast, brutal, HEAVY with lots of palm muting.

Also, anything that sounds very close to Disma - Towards the Megalith. That is one of the heaviest albums I've ever heard. Thanks in advance!

Hey, That album from Disma is fucking sick! Are you looking for maybe the new album from Vader? Or possibly even Sinister (Netherlands) "Legacy of ashes"? Both of those albums are absolutely sick and worth looking into! Also, I may have to get into some more Blood Red Throne! Thanks for letting me in on them.

slayer85
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:26 pm 

GravityLapse wrote:
dragmire wrote:

You probably know them already, but Augury? Also from the Montreal area, I believe.

chish wrote:

I'm not sure exactly how brutal you like it, but Unfathomable Ruination has tons of solos, at least by brutal death metal standards. See for yourself. http://unfathomableruination.bandcamp.c ... al-entropy

Yeah, their latest album is something worth seeking! Would love to see them play out live! :hail:

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:54 pm 

Grimbeard wrote:

As for the former if you're not familiar with Severe Torture, they have some great albums. My favorite being Sworn Vengeance (2007).

And for the Disma request, that's much tougher. Some bands I can think of that are worth checking out would include: Antediluvian, Dead Congregation, Mitochondrion, and Sonne Adam.

My favorite BRT album is Souls Of Damnation, FWIW. That song 'The Light The Hate' is so catchy and excellent.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:14 am 

You dudes should check out Disfigurement from Atlanta. Solid death metal that doesn't fall victim to the current osdm trend but also doesn't sound like some new school tech bs.
http://borisrecords.bandcamp.com/album/ ... f-hatred-7
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

xGeneralSureMan
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:44 am 

I'm looking for non-experimental (Gorguts) death metal that is dynamic and disturbing, be it lyrical content or atmosphere.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:42 pm 

Could you guys recommend me some heavy metal riff infused death metal? Something like Arghoslent. Thanks!

Oh, and I already know Sacriphyx. :-P

Funsize999
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:56 am 

Can anyone recommend some groovy death metal? I'm currently listening to Dawn of Possession and I'm really digging the groovy parts in particular.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:59 am 

Funsize999 wrote:
Can anyone recommend some groovy death metal? I'm currently listening to Dawn of Possession and I'm really digging the groovy parts in particular.

Rottrevore could be interesting for you. It's hard to find groovy DM that is as twisted as Immolation though, usually it's more "simple" if you know what I mean. ;)

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:21 pm 

Looking for bands with bass similar to Alex Webster, Steve Digiorgo, where it stands out/you can hear it.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186 ... 289  Next