Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Spiderlix
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:53 pm 

Hi,guys.I really liked Pantera,Grip Inc.,Sepultura,Pissing Razors and Lamb of God discographies.And i am listening Machine Head and Soulfly too (I am considering to start listen Cavalera Conspiracy too).But you guys recommend any new groove metal bands that i didn't mention it here?

SanPeron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:06 pm 

From the classics that you didn't mention, I strongly recommend White Zombie and Fear Factory; those two bands, along with the ones you mentioned, carried the groove metal flag across the 90s when the genre was at its peak. La Sexorcisto: Devil Music Volume One and Demanufacture/Obsolete are great albums to start listening to those bands.

A band that is mostly Pantera worship but is pretty good, especially if you like hardcore, is Throwdown. This is a mix of groove metal and hardcore sound. Listen to Vendetta; it's a classic if you like hardcore vocals with groovy riffs.

Spiderlix
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:27 am 

SanPeron wrote:
From the classics that you didn't mention, I strongly recommend White Zombie and Fear Factory; those two bands, along with the ones you mentioned, carried the groove metal flag across the 90s when the genre was at its peak. La Sexorcisto: Devil Music Volume One and Demanufacture/Obsolete are great albums to start listening to those bands.

A band that is mostly Pantera worship but is pretty good, especially if you like hardcore, is Throwdown. This is a mix of groove metal and hardcore sound. Listen to Vendetta; it's a classic if you like hardcore vocals with groovy riffs.

Thanks.But which Vendetta?I mean,i checked at Encyclopaedia Metallum and there is a lot of bands with that name.

SanPeron
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:12 am 

Spiderlix wrote:

Thanks.But which Vendetta?I mean,i checked at Encyclopaedia Metallum and there is a lot of bands with that name.

Vendetta is a Throwdown album, not a band.

Spiderlix
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:49 am 

SanPeron wrote:
Spiderlix wrote:

Vendetta is a Throwdown album, not a band.

Understood.Thanks.

Reply to topic