Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MRmehman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:55 pm 

Anyone know any Youtube channels about metal that are actually worth watching? Reviews, news, discussion - basically anything entertaining and metal related. Guys like Blackmetal Werewolf and CountBlagorath really don't appeal to me and I find KillBot&GorGorAttack misses a lot more than he hits. Anyone know any good ones?

ironmaidens_666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:49 am 

Coverkillernation?
BangerTv?

IamDBR
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:16 pm 

Infidelamsterdam: Old death metal fanatic, has a massive collection, does some funny comedy skits, gives out tickets & records, all around cool dude imo

Aggressive Tendencies: Interviews ranging from Slipknot to Nails & everything in between, the questions are actually interesting

All Hail Hel: Black metal chick, not a whole lot of videos but I reckon you could find some cool shit here

Heavy Metal Relics: They discuss old school stuff ranging from heavy to death metal in a vaguely episodic manner, I dunno

Jhofffilms: A bunch of Canadian dudes doing stupid shit (in a cool way) along with some concert vlogs & interviews

runnerjma: Reviews all sorts of extreme stuff from depressive black metal to wigger slam, films concert videos too

Grim Trashcan: Doom/sludge/stoner guy with a growing interest in black/death, he's kinda 'quirky' & always has some interesting story to tell

Emmelie Herwegh: She's into thrash & trad metal, haven't checked out the channel much to be honest

NbleSavage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:40 am 

x2 re: Infidelamsterdam - easily one of the most interesting metal heads on YouTube - delivonest feedback (many I suspect are just in the biz for their clickcount and free swag & so never offer critical reviews)

Grimbeard
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:54 pm 

The Rageaholic

Smitty
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:45 pm 

I find theneedledrop and coverkillernation to be fairly accurate and articulate.

hzeuss
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:43 am 

The Rageaholic is pretty cool. I find the Metal Mythos series very intriguing. Shame that the majority of his recent videos are gaming related.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:50 pm 

Not a "metal channel" in that sense, but I recommend you to subscribe to NWOTHM Full Albums, who posts just that. He manages to dig up some fantastic stuff most of the time.

Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:43 pm 

Check out mine, the link is in my signature.

brainsmasher
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:43 am 

Brainsmasher (thats me, Im the best)

~Guest 74046
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:44 am 

Reaper Metal Productions. (formally Heavy Metal relics)

Its from the guys who run the Hellsheadbangers label so you know what to expect. Features lots cool stuff, from band interviews, podcasts, vintage records, etc.

They also did a metal 'Cribs" version of the leader singer of Midnight's house if that isn't enough to pique your interest.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:27 am 

Drumtalk.
Interviews with all sorts of drummers, a lot of them metal drummers.
Very, very well done interviews. If you are into music, you will find them (all) interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/user/indiscipline

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:19 pm 

I think all the ones I am subscribed to just post the music, and don't extend beyond that. There are some excellent channels that I follow for that though.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:33 pm 

For the Germans:

KrachmuckerTV
also Goreminister, even though I don't like his style too much.

And there is the Dunkle Parabelritter, but he became a gossip girl over the past year or so, so I wouldn't recommend him, his old videos are fine though.

Also there is European Metal Chanel, but he speaks Spanish or something...

nightbreaker33
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:23 pm 

Rare & obscure metal archives: he/she? mostly posts old non popular metal. Gem of a youtube channel.

Skeptiksiren: talks about different social issues and sometimes does unboxings. She's more into grunge/post metal stuff and thrash.

CSGguitars: entertaining channel. Most people i know have only checked his "more gain, no mids video" but the channel has more depth if you take a look at the other guitar/gear videos

Zdan
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:18 pm 

I would reccomend mine but it is in Polish - if there are any Poles you might be interested. We did 50+ episodes in podcast format covering all sorts of topic related to metal from discussion to album reccomendations etc.

For the English speaking people I have a long interview (1h+) with the mighty Manilla Road if you are interested. If you are post here and I will link it.

grimwinter13
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:24 pm 

Jhofffilms - comical, silly stuff. Kinda dumb but entertaining. (Mostly sarcastic, satirical humor.)
SeptikSiren - more chill, she does mostly videos where she talks albums, guitar playing, and how being a teenage metalhead sucks. I'll sometimes just have her videos on in the background while I'm doing something else.
Aggressive Tendencies - really great interviews, mostly with grindcore/brutal death/hardcore bands
Kmac2021 - memes

Zakk: It's not makeup, it's fucking corpse paint! For going into battle.

Medina: Well you look adorable. It really brings out your eyes.

Reply to topic