Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
simpleandy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:53 am 

Hello , everyone i'm new to this comunity so first, Hi all.
I started few month ago to step up my metal game, being tired of only alternative so now i started exploring.I just got a slight hang of Trash and Death with Slipknot and Rotting Christ but i think i would need some help or reccomendations. If any of you could help, i would be very thankful.

Have a nice day!

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:51 pm 

Trash metal? Never heard of it. Sounds kinda sloppy.

MDL
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:21 pm 

As I've understood from your comment, you're still new in the heavy metal world, so, I've selected the following bands for a person in a "beginner" status (based on my point of view):
Evile, Sodom, Havok, Anacrusis, Lich King, Cripper, Mortad, Dark Angel, Death Angel, Gammacide, Forbidden, Invocator, Hatefulmurder, Hirax, Mantic Ritual, Mortillery, Municipal Waste, Ripping Corpse, Sacrifice, Sacred Reich, Goatwhore, Space Eater, Total Death, Uncle Slam, Vaginator, Turbo, Dead Orchestra, Decadence, Tantal, Aspid, Vektor, Voivod, Jester's March, 5grs.

Now here is some stuff from another nice genres, such as
Black:
*Dark Funeral, Dark Fortress, Catamenia, Serenity in Murder, Crux Dissimulata, early Moonspell, Emperor, Demonic Christ, Accursed Christ, Aenygmist, Blair Witch, Benatnash, Acherontas, Aosoth, Baptism, Deisidaemonia, Ondskapt, Deathspell Omega, Krypt, Tsjuder, Carpticon, Gorgoroth, Ragnarok, Shining, Thy Primordial, Watain, Wolfnacht, Darkspace, Austere, Nocturnal Depression, Nocturnal Breeze

Death:
*Analepsy, Acrostichon, Cryptopsy, Entombed, Cannibal Corpse, Cattle Decapitation, Antidemon, Blast Furnace, Demonical, Death, Desultory, Antropomorphia, Dictated, Grave, Massacre, Morpheus Descends, Incantation, Immolation, Carcass, Feral, Nunslaughter, Paganizer, Obituary, Bane of Existence, Devourment, Dying Fetus, Eardelete, Psychobolia, Skinless, Grace Disgraced, Origin, Cerebral Bore, Amon Amarth, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, Halo of Shadows, early In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Disarmonia Mundi, Evil Drive, Galmet, Gardenian, Karkaos, Luna Mortis, Riverain, Once Human, Inseason, Abriosis, Edge of Sanity, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Hadal, Anata, Dissonance in Design, Eviscerator, Wetwork, Asphyx, Waking the Cadaver, Izegrim.

You might also want to check Adastreia and Abonos, which are gothic metal bands with some thrashy influence on their music.

Last edited by MDL on Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:31 am 

Well, the post above mine might be a bit overwhelming (besides, many of those bands are quite rough for "metal beginners") so I'll present you some entry-level, getaway bands for you to get familiar with stronger metal genres.

Thrash Metal: Kreator - Coma of Souls

Pretty "friendly" for non-initiated metal listeners yet full of power and sonic aggression.

Death Metal: Morbid Angel - Rapture

Super catchy, but still this song (and album) is able to portray this oppressive and and harsh vibe most death metal bands have.

Black Metal: Satyricon - Mother North

(NSFW-ish)

Black Metal is a genre that you might find hard to get into, but give it some listens, let it sink into you and you'll find it's one of the musical expressions that more pleasure is able to produce.

Of course, there're plenty of subgenres and stuff but listen to whatever recommendations youtube will give you on the right side of the videos above and you'll be good to go from there.

schizoid
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:03 am 

simpleandy wrote:
Hello , everyone i'm new to this comunity so first, Hi all.
I started few month ago to step up my metal game, being tired of only alternative so now i started exploring.I just got a slight hang of Trash and Death with Slipknot and Rotting Christ but i think i would need some help or reccomendations. If any of you could help, i would be very thankful.

Have a nice day!

Jhigs1 smurf account?

Reply to topic