Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
DenialFiend
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:34 pm 

I've searched quite a bit, but I've found nothing to post it to.

Well, after the reveal of the first two songs from their 7" "Vntrve" on Manes' bandcamp (link), another one is streaming at pitchfork (link). Both the first two songs are really good and keep unflagging interest in the next to come. According to the band, it will be available on 10/10.

Any thoughts on these?

Last edited by DenialFiend on Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StainedClass95
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:08 pm 

This is coming from someone who's never heard any of their music before so bear that in mind. The first song reminded me of a stoned, electronic Talking Heads. It's a little out of my normal listening area, but I actually enjoy a little of said band, so it wasn't bad. The second song seemed more dominated by the electronic elements which turned me off pretty thoroughly. I might give a listen to the full album when it comes out, but descriptions like Electronica and Industrial are pretty far from what I like.

teh_Foxx0rz
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:56 pm 

"10/10? Oh, that's just the release date..."

DenialFiend
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:09 am 

StainedClass95 wrote:
I might give a listen to the full album when it comes out, but descriptions like Electronica and Industrial are pretty far from what I like.

I'd describe it as a mix of elecronica/trip hop/avant garde and ulver's new era.

DenialFiend
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:36 pm 

Aaaaaand, it's out! You can listen to it on Debemur Morti Productions' bandcamp.

It seems to be a perfect day today!!! Sounds great so far.

sushiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:26 pm 

Yeah the two songs from the Vntrve release are brilliant actually, particularly 'A Deathpact Most Imminent' which is sublime. I have yet to hear the full record through, but it seems to veer strongly into other areas rather than focusing on that tense lounge sound the 7" songs had. I will give it a bit of a streaming session, even if it doesn't live up to the promise of those songs the compilation they did earlier this year at least has a few good songs as well, so it just might not be a "whole album" band for me.

Reply to topic