Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:35 am 

I found this on the Corpsessed Facebook page:
Quote:
News concerning the full-length:

We have settled on the date 7th of June when we will start with the recordings for the yet untitled Corpsessed full-length album. LL from Desolate Shrine will be helping us out with the drum recordings and Matti will again be handling all the rest of the recordings which will proceed throughout the summer. There are no release dates yet but we will keep you posted on the progress.

Currently we are hoping to record 8 tracks with tentative titles (these may change) such as: "Sovereign", "Trepanation", "Transcend Beyond Human", "Necrosophic Channeling", "Apotheosis" and reworkings of both of the 7" tracks "Of Desolation" and "Demoniacal Subjugation".

Here is "Transcend Beyond Human" from last years Kill-Town DeathFest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v82J56TBgY

This makes me quite excited, the Dagger and the Chalice was pretty awesome so I'm looking forward to hearing how they're going to expand their sound. Transcend Beyond Human sounds promising, but the live-quality of the song makes it a little bit harder to hear all of the details. What do you guys think?

Evil_Wicked_Twisted_Mind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:35 am 

I am interested. Liked their debut EP, the slower parts on the second one reminded me of early Incantation. Expectations not too high but should be a decent album.

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:33 am 

Hype x 1000

Total worshipper of the previous ep

"You make it easy."

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:07 am 

And so the List That Never Ends automatically adds another album to the rest. will definitely be picking this up when it's released.

My collection

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:41 am 

Hey, cool, something for me to look forward to later this year. :D I have pretty high expectations for this actually, they're one of the best newer DM bands I've heard in quite a while.

Also, I've been meaning to ask this somewhere and I might as well put it here in a Corpsessed thread: does anybody else who has a copy of the 7" self-titled EP think the production quality is...kind of shitty? It sounds really fat and brickwalled on my copy, not to mention it hugs my right speaker like it's down to fuck.

Conqueror_Worm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:22 pm 

MutantClannfear wrote:
Also, I've been meaning to ask this somewhere and I might as well put it here in a Corpsessed thread: does anybody else who has a copy of the 7" self-titled EP think the production quality is...kind of shitty? It sounds really fat and brickwalled on my copy, not to mention it hugs my right speaker like it's down to fuck.

Yeah, we the band aren't too happy about how the sound turned up on the seven inch and that's why we'll be re-recording those two songs on the full-length... Can't really blame anyone but myself how it turned out, hah! Hopefully I manage to pull it off better this time. Most of the problems with the sounds are due to the lofi quality we got on the drum recordings.

Either way, I'm excited myself about the new stuff and waiting to see what kind of reactions it will evoke in people.

I'll be heading out this Thursday to the US as a live session bassplayer for Cruciamentum for Maryland Deathfest and Chaos in Tejas, come and say hello if you're there. Once I get back home it's time to start the recordings for the Corpsessed album.

- M.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:46 pm 

Whoa, awesome! I won't be missing Cruciamentum's set. Corpsessed should totally play the fest next year.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:09 pm 

Good news! I'll be picking up the album most def.

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:37 pm 

Conqueror_Worm wrote:

I'll be heading out this Thursday to the US as a live session bassplayer for Cruciamentum for Maryland Deathfest and Chaos in Tejas, come and say hello if you're there. Once I get back home it's time to start the recordings for the Corpsessed album.

- M.

See you guys at MDF, Matti.

Reply to topic