Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 1:39 pm 

From their facebook:
"VOLTURE signs to High Roller Records, welcomes Jack Bauer to the band and releases new track "On the Edge"

For those of you in the true heavy metal world, here's the latest on all that is VOLTURE. We fell on some rough times last year. Our label went under, we came back from Europe in debt, our singer Brent Hubbard no longer wanted to tour and he parted ways amicably with the band. We didn't know what the future held for us, but VOLTURE kept on trucking and writing music without a singer. Our heavy metal machine would not be stopped.

Onward we searched for the right vocalist to complete our band. Our quest would soon come to an end when we auditioned Jack Bauer. He rolled up on his chain mail-clad motorcycle and we immediately caught a good vibe from him. Jack nailed our old songs at practice, securing his position as our new vocalist. VOLTURE barreled on writing and recording new material with Jack and his voice fit the style seamlessly. As a passing of the torch, our original singer Brent came into the studio and laid some guest vocals with Jack on several of the tracks for the new album. Fans of classic VOLTURE will not be disappointed.

Fast forward to 2013. We signed to HIGH ROLLER RECORDS and our first full-length album is due out this September. Expect a serious heavy metal attack from Jack on our upcoming LP entitled "ON THE EDGE.""

Pretty bummed to see Brent gone as he was one of the highlights of the band for me but I'm still pretty excited to finally see some new material out of them here.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:41 pm 

Title track with the new singer here: http://volture.bandcamp.com/

I like Hubbard's vocals better, especially his falsetto capabilities, but Bauer is solid if a little less flashy. Music is still solid as fuck, looking forward to this album for sure.
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:00 pm 

Count_V and I were talking about this earlier. Big, BIG shoes to fill in the vocal department. The original singer had an incredibly gripping falsetto but he also had a very powerful from-the-chest style as well. I've been saying for a year or two now that I don't think they'll ever top Shocking Its Prey. Concise, punchy perfection that switches gears and goes epic USPM for the last track.

I'll be purchasing the LP blind because I love the EP so much, but I'm a little nervous.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:32 pm 

while i did like the vocalist he definitely was not the main draw to the man. Rulebreaker had the greatest riffs. They were pretty good at KIT last year too. i almost went to see them a 2nd time too at that tour.

TheUglySoldier
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:51 pm 

I...I had never heard of these guys before. Shit man, this is amazing. Definitely be picking this album up when it drops. The production is PERFECT.

Absolute Power: heavy metal and pop culture news, analysis and commentary

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:49 am 

Jack Bauer from 24? Damn, he's quite a versatile dude.

MaelstromMind
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 5:19 am 

This is pretty disappointing. The old singer was like a second coming of Steve Grimmett and really helped to distinguish them from the rest of the pack. The new guy is pretty typical.

Inspector_Satan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:20 am 

Yeah, the new singer definitely isn't as commanding as Hubbard was. The riffs are still solid though, maybe I'll grow to appreciate him more with repeated listens

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:59 pm 

well at first i thought the new song was just decent and then the awesome riffs kicked in.
Volture's draw for me were the riffs always, having a competent vocalist is just an extra.

Reply to topic