Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Silmaeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:28 pm 

I have bought the US version of the Wuthering Heights album The Shadow Cabinet and it says on the back to have a bonus disc but it dosnt. This is the second time I have bought this and it says so, but there are no bonus disc featured in the CD case?

Does anyone of you know if this is some scam or if its the real deal? Maybe the record company did this cover and then released it as 1 disc but didnt bother to change the text on the cover?

Would be really thankful if you people here could give me some answers :)

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:31 pm 

Did you ask whoever sold you the album?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:43 pm 

I have the album and there's 2 discs... If you want a rip, send me a PM. It's a live album and it's not quite good to be honest.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

DarthVenom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:52 pm 

Are you sure it's actually a US pressing? Sometimes, a seller will neglect to mention that the album is actually a second-party South American edition licensed through something like Scarecrow Records or Icarus Records down there, printed in-country to minimize costs for the primary label. Could you tell us all the labels mentioned on the case?

These versions are perfectly legit and official, but the physical product is often of a lower quality, and can sometimes have major flaws like the booklet/insert information not corresponding to the actual version you got. My copy of Winters Bane - Heart Of A Killer is one of these, and it does a similar thing: the liner notes speak of a second disc, but there's only one disc in the case, and in fact there's only room for one in the plastic.

Silmaeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:57 pm 

Yeah what I know the album has been released in Europe on Locomotive Records and on Sensory Records in the US. At first I ordered it from Amazon and it said to be the Sensory Records version which is to feature the second disc, but it only contained one disc.

The next time I went to my local record store and the same thing was said from his supplier, and on this version all that says on the CD/covers that its from Sensory Records and made in USA :/

Reply to topic