Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:38 pm 

Really stoked about this, due out on November 11th and the first album through Season of Mist. For me Tamás's work has been getting stronger and stronger from release to release, the last album was a masterpiece, combining so many genres on one album, everytime I listen I still hear something new, a very unique artist at what tHEy do. Anybody else looking forward to this one? If not check them out now!

http://season-of-mist.com/news/thy-cata ... 2011-09-06

CoF
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:59 pm 

I recently got into this band when I finally bought an album, namely "Tűnő idő tárlat", and the combination of genres beyond metal borders is very much to my taste. I was glad to see that they signed to a major label, because their stuff was hard to find... hopefully SoM will re-release their older works someday.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm 

CoF wrote:
I recently got into this band when I finally bought an album, namely "Tűnő idő tárlat", and the combination of genres beyond metal borders is very much to my taste. I was glad to see that they signed to a major label, because their stuff was hard to find... hopefully SoM will re-release their older works someday.

From what I believe the last two albums are to be re-released by Season of Mist though I may be wrong. If you enjoyed "Tűnő idő tárlat", you must check out "Róka Hasa Rádió", it improves on the formula and is such a journey to listen to.

Crick
Despised by 17 Corners of the Universe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:11 pm 

Very interesting news. Thy Catafalque are an incredible band -- certain moments never fail to captivate me, such as the simply massive Neath Waters, or the enveloping and hypnotic melodies in "Bolygo, Bolyongo". Roka Hasa Radio was also really cool, though I still need more time to truly bond with it. I do greatly enjoy the improved drum sound Tamas finally got, and the slight hints of Arcturus were neat to hear.
Hehe, foreskins.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:44 am 

Crick wrote:
Roka Hasa Radio was also really cool, though I still need more time to truly bond with it. I do greatly enjoy the improved drum sound Tamas finally got, and the slight hints of Arcturus were neat to hear.

Indeed, there is that much going on within this release it does take a bit of time to sink in but when it does it is then this gem truely hits home.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:01 pm 

Short trailer for the upcoming album and wow, the guitars are so much heavier and down-tuned than before, the trailer does not give much away, this hopefully will be as awesome as the previous albums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gas9Ouzam4E

groverXIII
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:27 pm 

I've heard the new album. It is awesome. If you're a fan of Thy Catafalque, you will not be disappointed. The guitars are a bit heavier, but they also feel a bit more trebly. It's a little more black metal than the previous album, but it is very decidedly Thy Catafalque.

VaeFUCKINGVictus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:43 am 

Another amazing post my STORMM. No idea how many great bands I've found because of this man. This is another.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:58 am 

groverXIII wrote:
I've heard the new album. It is awesome. If you're a fan of Thy Catafalque, you will not be disappointed. The guitars are a bit heavier, but they also feel a bit more trebly. It's a little more black metal than the previous album, but it is very decidedly Thy Catafalque.

Lucky you! He had mentioned to me in an email that guitars were heavier and the clip backs this up, glad to hear it is still the same style as before.

VaeFUCKINGVictus wrote:
Another amazing post my STORMM. No idea how many great bands I've found because of this man. This is another.

Thank you very much VFV, glad to be of some help to some of you guys, there are so many undergroung gems out there, it just seems endless, so I will keep searching! :wink:

groverXIII
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:12 pm 

STORMM wrote:
Lucky you! He had mentioned to me in an email that guitars were heavier and the clip backs this up, glad to hear it is still the same style as before.

Yeah, I can't imagine anyone will be disappointed by the album. It's really, really great. Maybe not quite as experimental as the last two, and the longest song is only 14:35 as opposed to the 18+ minute epics, but it's a brilliant album nonetheless.

kataitamas
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:00 am 

The first track from the upcoming album.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8nezycvcnc

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:41 pm 

kataitamas wrote:

This is wonderful. The pinch harmonics five minutes in are a little much, but they don't go too long, and there's plenty of awesome riffs in here to make up for it. I also love the use of synths, adding texture to but not distracting from the guitars. This is definitely on my list of albums to get.

Also, I like the release date of 11/11/11. Just saying.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:22 pm 

kataitamas wrote:

Sounds awesome Tamás, the guitars are heavier sounding indeed, sounds like a few death metal riffs thrown in and a clearer production to boot. Keyboards sound killer as usual, as previously mentioned a bit less experimental this time round? Cant wait to get my hands on this even more now after hearing this, very interested to see what else the album holds within as with your previous albums were full of surprises, well done!

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:02 pm 

Ribos wrote:
kataitamas wrote:

Also, I like the release date of 11/11/11. Just saying.

Oh yeah, the new Thy Catafalque and Skyrim will make 11/11/11 an awesome day, can't wait for the album. The album cover is cool too, i like the artistic but non pretentious approach of this band.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:15 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Oh yeah, the new Thy Catafalque and Skyrim will make 11/11/11 an awesome day, can't wait for the album. The album cover is cool too, i like the artistic but non pretentious approach of this band.

Indeed, forgot about Skyrim :)

VaeFUCKINGVictus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:01 am 

So, I've gone to explore their entire discography, of which every album is fucking amazing. My favorite is probably, "Tûnõ idõ tárlat" especially with the 19 minute epic "Neath Waters". Thanks again, STORMM! As for the new song, I'm loving the clearer production and the heavier guitars, while still retaining that signature synth sound and almost psychadelic atmosphere.

All of this listening has only bolstered my anticipation for Rengeteg, and I can't fucking wait! I only hope there will be a local US distributor somewhere for the album.

EDIT: I have to say, Thy Catafalque is the only band I know of who can CONSISTENTLY make long songs so invigorating and interesting that they don't seem like the 8-15 minute marks that they actually are. This song is no exception.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:21 pm 

VaeFUCKINGVictus wrote:
So, I've gone to explore their entire discography, of which every album is fucking amazing. My favorite is probably, "Tûnõ idõ tárlat" especially with the 19 minute epic "Neath Waters". Thanks again, STORMM! As for the new song, I'm loving the clearer production and the heavier guitars, while still retaining that signature synth sound and almost psychadelic atmosphere.

All of this listening has only bolstered my anticipation for Rengeteg, and I can't fucking wait! I only hope there will be a local US distributor somewhere for the album.

EDIT: I have to say, Thy Catafalque is the only band I know of who can CONSISTENTLY make long songs so invigorating and interesting that they don't seem like the 8-15 minute marks that they actually are. This song is no exception.

Yea, will agree with the consistency of the long tracks, "Neath Waters" is a masterpiece and never sems to long. As for US Distriutors I dont think you will have a problem getting a copy since the signing to Season of Mist, it is already on Amazon.com etc for pre order, now I just have to wait!

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:48 am 

Ok have been spinning the album for a while now and have to say it is another great release. At first I was not sure if it was up to its two predecessors but it definately has grown on me and has everything you expect for Tamas. It maybe not just as epic this time around with shorter tracks (I prefer the longer stuff) but still it rocks. Anybody else pick it up yet?

VaeFUCKINGVictus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:32 am 

I ordered mine from Season of Mist, but they're slacking on the shipping end so I downloaded a mediafire version just because I couldn't stand the wait. :P

I haven't gotten the chance to listen to much of it yet, but that first track is fucking catchy as hell. I haven't gotten to the other tracks much just because I've been replaying that one lol. Definitely has his trademark sound. Love the crunchy-ass guitar tone and, of course, his triumphant melodies. He's a pretty good singer, too.

~Guest 228477
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:56 am 

One of the very few Hungarian bands I can truly enjoy. And I think this is his best release so far, though it was a long ago when I checked his earlier works. Btw the clean vocals are sang by Bakos Attila of Woodland Choir (great neofolk band) and not Tamás.

Oh, and the lyrics are just awesome: intelligent and quite poetic actually.

VaeFUCKINGVictus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:35 pm 

Ahh, I was not aware of that. I might check out that band, then! It's true though, I think this is the first band I've ever heard from hungary, and really came out of the blue.

Regarding the lyrics, it's a shame that I'm a monolingual bastard.

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:58 pm 

I'm gonna give SoM a week or so to get their crap together (also I am still unemployed so money sucks right now). But I am glad the consensus is that this album kicks ass! I am seriously looking forward to it!

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:18 pm 

Wow I thought you guys would have got it by know, I always get releases like these through Amazon, always quick and most of the time cheaper than the distro's!

VaeFUCKINGVictus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:36 pm 

@STORMM I would've ordered through amazon as well if not for the fact that since it's an "import" in the us.amazon, it's fucking expensive. :lol:

@Ribos Definitely. It's the Thy Catafalque that we all know and love.

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:41 pm 

VaeFUCKINGVictus wrote:
@STORMM I would've ordered through amazon as well if not for the fact that since it's an "import" in the us.amazon, it's fucking expensive. :lol:

@Ribos Definitely. It's the Thy Catafalque that we all know and love.

Sorry dudes, I did not realise there was a big difference! I hope it will be worth the wait though! One thing I will say is that his keyboard work kicks ass! Ambient heaven! As for bands from Hungary, dont forget to check out Sear Bliss and Foresgt Silence, legends in that scene!

CoF
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:24 am 

I ordered it from SoM, because I also wanted some other stuff from them. It arrived thursday and I gave it a couple of spins right now and it's definitely a grower. Don't want to rate it though, because I haven't listened to the preceding work (which was among the items I also purchased), but I can already say this will be high in my 2011 ranking. Like on "Tűnő idő tárlat", the opener is catchy as hell, and the longest track is among the highlights, too. I feel that I like the second half of shorter songs more, but I certainly appreciate the great variety on the whole album.

They have only one album so far, but Damned Spirits' Dance is another band from Hungary one should keep in view.

Blood Music
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:44 am 

Hey guys! We will be releasing ultra-limited vinyl editions (150 copies each) of the last 3 records of this incredible band on vinyl. Pre-orders start on March 5th. More info in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=97023&p=2222256#p2222256

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:36 pm 

Fuck nice to see the finished product, looks fantastic, nearly make me what to buy vinyl again... Will you guys be releasing them on cd still?

Blood Music
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:05 pm 

... ah not doing a CD release, but we'll have a limited amount of CDs signed by the master himself :]

15 copies of each CD.

AND... if these are well-supported (i.e. sell out or come close), he has agreed to let us re-issue the first 3 records, all of which are impossible to find on any format.

... the Gire CD is still def on for a re-release too, but later in the year.

VaeFUCKINGVictus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:00 pm 

How much will the signed CDs be for USA/Canada? I can't play vinyl, but I will jump the fuck on those CDs.

Blood Music
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:12 pm 

CDs will be $24.99 plus shipping :]

The increase in price is because Tamas is flying to Finland to sign them! So, we paid for his ticket.

VaeFUCKINGVictus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:23 pm 

Gosh, I don't even know which to get... Rengeteg is my most-played CD by them, but I already have the CD, but I'd love to have it signed... on the other hand, I only have "Tuno..." and "Roka..." in digital, and still very strong albums on their own merit.

First world fanboy problems.

Blood Music
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:34 pm 

Won't fight you about going after all 3 :]

Blood Music
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:04 am 

Thy Catafalque materials are live for order!

http://www.blood-music.com/store

Reply to topic