Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 307470
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:29 pm 

This is becoming one of my favourite black metal releases. The writing is sometimes a little haphazard and it seems to have a bit of a youthful, almost immature, quality to it, but I really appreciate how unpretentious it is (something I have a hard time finding in black metal, personally). You guys know of anything else like this? I looked the album up on Metal Archives and there are no reviews posted for it. Surprised, I am!

Thoughts?

STORMM
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:52 am 

It was a great album indeed, the only thing for me was I wish there was more vocals used on it,.from memory it was almost entirely instrumental. Always wondered what happened to the project or the guy behind it.

hey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:32 am 

I've always thought it was pretty good, but nothing that really amazed me all that much. I might be mistaken, but I kind of remember the guy behind it contributing to one of Onryƍ's few songs.

~Guest 307470
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:44 am 

I just find it really, really expressive, and unpretentious. I dig the instrumental factor.

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:56 am 

STORMM wrote:
It was a great album indeed, the only thing for me was I wish there was more vocals used on it,.from memory it was almost entirely instrumental. Always wondered what happened to the project or the guy behind it.

My thoughts on this exactly. The music was very good. A great mix between the beauty of Le Secret-era Alcest and the melancholy of some of the better DSBM acts. The lack of vocals however, kept me from coming back to the album frequently. It has been awhile since I've listened to the project.

Reply to topic