Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:08 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
I enjoyed hearing the title-track in full on the blabbermouth page, so that made me want to hear the samples. It is starting to sound same-y, but for now that's just fine. The track I want to hear the most is actually the bonus one, "Welcome to Hel". Probably because it was just the solo section, but it reminded me a lot of Running Wild.

If anything Welcome to Hel sounds like a bit of recycled riffage/soloage. RC have been recycling a couple of riffs since Theogonia and Aealo (I can even present examples by name) but honestly, it's so fucking great I don't think anyone minds. So that means yes, I'm looking forward to the bonus track too.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:27 pm 

Poisonfume wrote:
Another new Rotting Christ track up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PToCbU-3_y4
It's pretty great, but I'm a little disappointed by the fact that it looks like the new album won't be introducing anything new at all to the music. Just a merging of their past 3 albums (which honestly is fine by me).

Took this from the FFA.

While I'm inclined to agree that it would be cool if they kept progressing to something else, I'm also heavily set on disagreeing based on this song alone. This is probably my favorite track they've written since "He, The Aethyr" off Theogonia. Simply put, this track rules. Not wholly different from what they've been doing now, but the atmosphere and the leads are so compatible in this. When those leads kick in half-way through, I was in love.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Hastein45
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:20 pm 

IX Leviathan wrote:
I_Am_Vengeance wrote:

Hnnnnnnnng, fuck that was brilliant.

Yes. It. Was. I am definitely getting this.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:33 am 

Another song has been posted, and fuck, its simply brilliant. I still dont like so much the vocals but the rest is amazing.

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:48 pm 

Yeah, Grandis Spiritus Diavolus is on YouTube now. It's fantastic. Im not linking it because I know some people would rather buy the album first before having YouTube spoil everything for them. I will say that I'm tired of hearing that same solo though.

Garyuu
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:06 pm 

If there are people who don't want "YouTube spoil everything for them." then they won't click the link. People aren't required to click a link just because there is one.

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:31 pm 

I don't think you will disagree that biting the apple is far more tempting when it's right in front of you. I don't want to turn this into the album leak thread.

Kerber
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:19 pm 

I'll link it for the people who want to hear the song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjGnDbne4eY This is one of the best Rotting Christ songs of all time. I'm calling this album of the year, top 3 at LEAST!

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:44 am 

This last song is totally addictive, a mid tempo with a great main melody, RC as its best!!

reven
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:31 pm 

The album leaked!!!!
Gonna listen to it now, my body is ready.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:43 pm 

For those that want to still hear the album, it's up for full-stream here:

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/rotti ... um-stream/

Needless to say, Rotting Christ rule 2013.

Edit: Well, first listen with the rest of the album, and I'll say that there's a dip in quality around track 6 through 8. Once 9 comes in it's back to kicking ass.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

reven
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:16 pm 

Since the first moment I got to hear the Rusalka sample on some website I knew it was gonna be a brilliant song, nothing short of incredible.
I actually consider tracks 6 and 9 as a slight dip in quality, everything else is flawless if you ask me.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:28 pm 

Holyshit, I'm gonna get around to listening to that for the rest of the day!

Thanks for the heads up!

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:12 pm 

I might end up having to buy this album

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:52 am 

6 songs listened, I dont need more, this album rules.

the bad thing is that I have to decide between a jewelcase edition and the box edition. The should have released a digipack edition(you can only buy it if you buy the box and its not so interesting).

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:21 pm 

I guess this is where I start checking out Rotting Christ in earnest. I saw them on tour with Melechesh, but their sound was terrible. Plus, it was for Aealo or whatever it's called, and I had heard it wasn't a very good album. But if this one has strong Hellenic elements and doesn't suck, it ought to be worth my time. Gonna check the stream after work.

Porman
Sweek Souvlaki Muncher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:02 pm 

Yes! I made the thank you credits!

Who would've figured this back in 1996...

Deviante
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:33 pm 

It's official: Rotting Christ is the most consistent metal band, ever. I mean, I could have made that claim for myself even when Aealo was released (it was one of their weakest if not the weakest, and I would rate it at around 80-82%~), but this album is just ruthlessly fucking good. 4 spins in, and I am really impressed. The atmosphere is really excellent and rich, the songs are all written extremely well, be it the brutal parts or the more melodic parts. And all the "epic" Greek-folk influences are really well done this time around, resulting in textured songs that are enjoyable from the get-go but which get better (even as I'm writing this) on further listens. Fuck this is so good. It's ridiculous to think about the fact these guys have 5 or so total masterpieces under their belts, and not a single non-solid album.

I am purchasing this album for sure as an addition to my RC collection.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:38 pm 

I just really wish the artwork was better. C'mon, they wanted to make this darker (which it isn't), but THAT'S what Sakis picked?

Arjan333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:25 pm 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3