PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:04 pm 

Pakistani metal bands:

Cardinal Sin
Takatak
Black Warrant

~Guest 104167
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:20 pm 

I hope everyone not missed AlNamrood from Saudi Arabia, the best black metal act from the Middle East!

shadowzgoth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:01 pm 

Xzfgiiimtsath wrote:
For reasons I can't explain, I'm obsessed with geography and the countries of origin of the bands I've collected over the years. I've been trying to get at least one band from every country (though I realize I'll have a really hard if not impossible time with some of them), and so far I've gotten 126 of them:

Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Congo (DRC), Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, England, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Gambia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guatemala, Guinea, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, North Korea, Northern Ireland, Norway, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Scotland, Senegal, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wales, and Zimbabwe.

If anyone's got any recommendations for me for bands from a country, or even just a unique location (Greenland?? not really a country, still looking for it), or even better, download links, or if you want anything out of my stash, let me know.

I've copied the countries, underneath is a list of bands - one per country mentioned (if there is one for that country) - I'm a music journalist and run my own website Global Metal Apocalypse - this is a huge hobby for me so follow https://www.facebook.com/GlobalMetalApocalypse/

P.s. you can thank me later

Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Congo (DRC), Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Ecuador, Egypt, England, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Gambia, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Guatemala, Guinea, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Nigeria, North Korea, Northern Ireland, Norway, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Scotland, Senegal, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wales, and Zimbabwe.

Lelahell, Persefone, Before Crush, Skiltron, Sworn, The Berzerker, Tristwood, Silence Lies Fear, Motor Militia, Ostitto, Conrad, Solarward, Ancient Rites, Corporal Jigsore, Krv, Metal Orizon, Sepultura, Hebiimetaru, 8M/S, (none), Aeternam, Ratzinger, Frosty Eve, Eshtadur, (none), Sight Of Emptiness, Mass Hypnosis, Blinder, Blynd, Cruadalach, Raunchy, Democrysis, Scarab, Eastern Front, (none), Human Ground, Jano, V For Violence, Gojira, (none), Rammstein, Dark Suburb, Septicflesh,

Tbh mate just look at my site ;)

Jimmy_Henriquez
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:27 pm 

Hello

Here you have the bandcamp link of a melodic black metal band from Chile, called Montuln. If you have any questions regards this band you can write them to me.

https://montuln.bandcamp.com/releases

Peyp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:25 pm 

For Greenland, try Arctic Spirits. But I know there are a few bands there so if you don't like them you can probably find something else.

Nepal: Dead Mariners, a very amateurish symphonic black metal band. If you're trying to mark off countries though, it's worth a listen.

Svalbard has Rive. At least I think. Kind of a weird place to have a metal project at all.

EDIT: I remembered of a band from Afghanistan called District Unknown. They're kind of weird, I'm not sure I like them, but just the fact that they're playing metal in such a country is an admirable task.
Due to the unfortunate reality of our guitarist fucking my girlfriend of almost 7 years WITCHROT will be taking an extended hiatus. I however will continue the band in another space and time... Thanks for the support, stay heavy. Also our drummer died...

RIP DIAMHEA

Rosner
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:22 pm 

Xzfgiiimtsath wrote:
Argentina

Well, our metal scene is laughable and most bands are cringeworthy clones of the big foreing bands of each subgenre. Also, it seems like the scene moves relatively slowly compared to other scenes, and I'm not only talking about discovering new genres or bands, but also about embracing them. Thus, you've got a lot of boring heavy/thrash metal bands, several groove/nu metal bands that seem stuck in the 90s, a plethora of generic death and black metal bands and most recently, either young bands playing melodic metalcore/deathcore/post-hardcore like it is 2006 all over again or legions of doom/stoner bands that seem to copy each other.

Foruntately, a couple of interesting bands appear every once in a while... Let's see:

Senegal Grindcore Mafia: one of the best bands in the country right now. They used to play somekind of progressive sludge with an experimental twist on their first album. This year they released a second album that preserves the experimental side but now takes a more alternative/90s influence (I'm talking Rollins Band, Faith No More or The Jesus Lizard, not Korn or Pantera!).

Huszar: really interesting 'blackgaze'/post-black metal one man band with some ambient and electronica elements. This year they released two amazing full lengths.

Dragonauta: they are like legends in the undergound circuit. While a doom/progressive metal band during their first albums, they took a more stoner/doom approach durning their mid-carrer and now they seem to have gone fully black/prog. Their stylistic changes coincide with their (many) line-up changes. Great riffs!

Desidia: doom/crust with some melodic elements. Think of His Hero is Gone, Ictus or (a less epic) Fall of Efrafa. Harsh and violent with some good riffing.

Downfall of Nur: BEAUTIFUL atmospheric one man black metal band. Really, their full length is a work of art.

Psicosfera: instrumental progressive/technical black metal. A lot of that dissonant Deathspell Omega influence that was a trend in the black metal world a couple of years ago. Not really a big fan of the way their full length album sounds... But they are truly unique live!!!

Abreacción: beautiful black metal band, lots of atmospheric passages that remind me of early Opeth and early Ulver. Too bad they are on hiatus, on of the best bands I've seen live (really!), and very nice and down-to-earth fellas.

Immortal666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:47 pm 

Wow, it's awesome the Philippines got a mention here from Bastardnasum. But I feel I need to update the list of Filipino metal bands are those are mostly from the '90s. Here are some of the more noteworthy and active metal bands from the Philippines these days:

Mass Hypnosia - currently signed with Germany's Ragnarok records, this power trio released their 2nd full length album "Toxiferous Cyanide" on that label earlier this year and have received positive reviews. They already have stints playing internationally in Malaysia, Vietnam and Thailand. They are planning on releasing their 3rd album next year and have plans of playing in UAE and possibly Europe. For reference point, they play violent thrash in the form of old Kreator, Demolition Hammer and Hypnosia.

Pathogen - playing a classic OSDM style that would put most bands to shame, this quartet just released their 4th album "Ashes of Eternity" on Poland's Old Temple records. This band has been around since 2001 and its members are also actively involved in side projects which have also released their own albums.

Brimstone in Fire - one of the bands that were part of the first wave of Filipino death metal bands that formed in the early '90s. They play a more nuanced, technical style of death metal. Sadly, this band is no more as the members decided to disband after their drummer's sudden passing in 2014. They self-released a posthumous album early this year titled "Outside".

Down From The Wound - the leading exponents of the Philippine Brutal Death Metal scene which peaked around the turn of the last decade. This band's two full length albums were released by Sevared and Comatose Music respectively. The band has been mostly inactive after releasing "Violence and the Macabre" in 2014. They did reform early this year to play as front act when Defeated Sanity played in Manila. Their original drummer has gone on to form a sludge band called Rivothrill which released an EP in 2015.

Paganfire - one of the most active Filipino metal bands in terms of recording history, Paganfire has released countless EPs, splits and albums either on their own or on foreign labels. These are serious thrash metal maniacs and are trve metal artists.

Toxemia - this band has undergone a transformation from their beginnings as a death meta/grindcore band. Nowadays they have considerably slowed down the tempo of their music and settled for a death-doom attack. It's still fucking heavy if you ask me. They have released countless EPs and appeared on several splits and they have 2 full-length albums under their belt, the most recent of which "Ancient Demon" was released in 2015.

Legion - death metal in the vein of Deicide/Morbid Angel, this band self-released a very professional sounding debut album "Righteous Killing".

Human Mastication - one of the local legends of Brutal Death Metal from the Southern Philippines. Their most recent release was in 2015, a 2-CD compilation album chronicling their career called "13 Years of Masticating".

shadowzgoth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:19 pm 

look up Iron Sliver from Gabon, Abide Till Death from Papua New Guinea,

baldadeath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:44 am 

I was in Albania fr a couple of weeks but nothing ever surfaced in terms of rock. Just listened to the new album that Centaur have recorded (they only need a vocalist to complete it). It kicks ass, power metal. The rest is just turbo folk and new generations who don't even know what's the meaning of rock music.
Much better here in Macedonia where still a few bands exist....Verka, Steel Temple, Siniac (though I don't like black metal)...Medusa who recorded a new album to be out soon, Eruption from Bitola who's a really good doom/metal band with great singer/bassist.....

zarraza
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:45 am 

Xzfgiiimtsath wrote:
For reasons I can't explain, I'm obsessed with geography and the countries of origin of the bands I've collected over the years. I've been trying to get at least one band from every country (though I realize I'll have a really hard if not impossible time with some of them), and so far I've gotten 126 of them:

If anyone's got any recommendations for me for bands from a country, or even just a unique location (Greenland?? not really a country, still looking for it), or even better, download links, or if you want anything out of my stash, let me know.

ZARRAZA from Kazakhstan. I'm from the band so... I started topic about ZARRAZA here on MetalArchives https://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=121460

Recently we released new album "Necroshiva" and it got posiyive review from Metal Hammer

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3