Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:24 pm 

I'm currently in the possession of 3 copies of the first pressing of Emperor's In The Nightside eclipse. But I just noticed that the covers all seems to be slightly different in coloring. One is really dark while the others seem lighter, but different to each other as well.

The darkest one has the Matrix code: SNA CANDLE 008 CD 12039404 SNA

Then there's a lighter one with a really "crudely" cut booklet. Some of the pages has a bit of white on the borders. Like the machine didn't cut them properly. It has the same Matrix code: SNA CANDLE 008 CD 12039404 SNA

The last one, light as well, has a official mail order add from Plastichead. The add contains Emperor ep and In The Nightside shirts plus a longsleeve with the "Wrath of The Tyrant" artwork. The Matrix is code: SNA CANDLE 008 CD 12039404, and what I think says: "SNA IFPI I.600"

Anybody who knows which one is the first pressing?

Zephirus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:00 pm 

i think it's the last one. mine had a merch booklet, seperate from the lyrics and i got it the day it was released

ancientorder
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:35 am 

First CD pressing also has the intro as it's own track and it's not mentioned in the back cover. The reissues usually have it merged with Into the Infinity of Thoughts.

More details: http://www.discogs.com/Emperor-In-The-N ... ase/384565

Big_Grand
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:48 am 

By any chance, did any of those cd's come with a very loose case that went around the jewel case? I'm curious if I was suppose to get that merch booklet mentioned above.

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:47 am 

The 3rd version definitely isn't the first press as it contains an IFPI number which weren't used by the beginning of 1994 when the CD came out. I got my copy some days after the release and it seems to be your 1st mentioned version. Booklet is all fine, looks very professional and the matrix codes matches yours.
Maybe one of them was a US Version where the artwork was printed separately? I saw a bunch of albums in the US and EU version and often matrix ccodes were identical and only the booklets were of consierdably poorer quality in the US.
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:12 am 

Asti78 wrote:
I got my copy some days after the release and it seems to be your 1st mentioned version. Booklet is all fine, looks very professional and the matrix codes matches yours.

This version has the intro as a separate track. I haven't checked the others yet.

Ps. I urge those who care about this kind of stuff to go to this thread and show their support: http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=92914

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:58 pm 

Horus666 wrote:
Asti78 wrote:
I got my copy some days after the release and it seems to be your 1st mentioned version. Booklet is all fine, looks very professional and the matrix codes matches yours.

This version has the intro as a separate track. I haven't checked the others yet.

Ps. I urge those who care about this kind of stuff to go to this thread and show their support: http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=92914

Well my version has Intro and 1st song as one track, just put the disc in my CD Player. Also the intro is not mentioned on the back cover. Don't always trust information on Discogs, these can be submitted by anyone.
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:05 pm 

Asti78 wrote:
Well my version has Intro and 1st song as one track, just put the disc in my CD Player. Also the intro is not mentioned on the back cover.

All 3 versions seems to have that, so it doesn't say much.

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:06 pm 

Horus666 wrote:
Asti78 wrote:
Well my version has Intro and 1st song as one track, just put the disc in my CD Player. Also the intro is not mentioned on the back cover.

All 3 versions seems to have that, so it doesn't say much.

Well you just posted above that your copy has the intro as separate track. So what?

Horus666 wrote:
Asti78 wrote:

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:46 pm 

I thought you meant "listed" as a separate track. I'll have to check up on that then.

Zephirus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:11 pm 

i got it wrong, on mine the lyrics are in their own separate booklet
the merch book is attached to the cover
the intro is a separate track also
matrix same as your dark one

Recordcollector
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:08 pm 

!!!

Last edited by Recordcollector on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
KYBAL
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:51 pm 

hi i have this press but the matrix are different from those on discogs...anybody knows something?
barcode 5016685023024
candleoo8cd

matrix AAC1482 00560 CANDLE 008CD IFPI L155

false_icon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:36 pm 

Zephirus wrote:
i got it wrong, on mine the lyrics are in their own separate booklet
the merch book is attached to the cover
the intro is a separate track also
matrix same as your dark one

Same for mine, bought when it was released.
I always assumed that this one with separate lyric sheet was the very first pressing, as all the later copies I've seen have a stappled booklet.
To separate art from entertainment doesn't make sense anymore.

my trade list

Reply to topic