Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
androiddream
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:54 am 

What are your favorite labels that specialize in or include death metal? I'm looking for obscure BDM and TDM but no melodeath (I hate that stuff). Feel free to post links to label websites if you feel like it. Thank you.

ld50
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:01 am 

Profound Lore has a lot of great death/black bands. Antediluvian, Blood Revolt, Disma, Impetuopus Ritual, Loss, Mitochondrion, Portal, Vasaeleth, and several other great non-DM bands. That may not be what you're looking for though.

Willowtip has numerous tech death, brutal death, and grind bands. Ulcerate, Defeated Sanity, Spawn of Possession, Odious Mortem, to name a few.

None of these are too obscure though. To me, obscure, in terms of BDM of tech death, means average or below average, which can often be painful in DBM or tech death. I'm not sure of the purpose of listing labels instead of bands themselves, unless you're looking to order a bunch at once.

pressingtoplead13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:32 pm 

I'm not sure much of this label is that obscure but when it comes to death metal Unique Leader definatly takes the cake. Their older releases like Deeds of Flesh, Disavowed, Disgorge(US), Pyaemia and countless others are their best offerings but their crop of current releases is still just as good as most of what the other labels are putting out.

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:06 am 

I used to be into sevared.com and comatosemusic.com, but 90% of those bands are the shitty pig squealing type.

Odovacar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:18 pm 

I second Unique Leader. They put out solid technical and brutal death metal releases with some amazing releases here and there. Their past and current roster is very solid.

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:55 pm 

Dark Descent Records I think it's the death metal label itself nowdays, followed by Listenable, Profound Lore, Xtreem...

Time and time ago: Earache, Relapse, Roadrunner/Roadracer, Nuclear Blast, Drowned...

"You make it easy."

LifeDemise
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:31 pm 

Roadrunner/Roadracer/RC Records from their death/thrash days

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:45 pm 

Nuclear Winter is probably my favorite. Pretty much exclusively OSDM with few exceptions.
Delve, Cruciamentum, Drawn and Quartered, Dead Congregation, Antediluvian, Ceremonial Execuion, Grave Miasma, Inveracity, Hatespawn, Kaamos, Teitanblood, Rotting Christ, Scythian, need I say more?
Most of those bands aren't signed to NW anymore, but it's a pretty solid roster nonetheless.

I remember Detest Records being great too (Stench of Decay, fuck yeah), though it was pretty small.

frank_zito
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:04 pm 

detest is dead now. i think they have one more t shirt preorder up, but that's it

Reply to topic