Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Illuminati322
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:47 pm 

I'm compiling a list of the worst metal sellout albums and blunders, by erstwhile respected bands. I'd appreciate feedback in the form of suggestions, for both entries and where they should rank. So far I only have the obivous.... 1) Metallica-St. Anger, 2) Celtic Frost-Cold Lake, 3) Sepultura-Roots, 4) Morbid Angel- (I can't even bring myself to type the name), etc.

TrooperEd
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:39 pm 

Slayer- God Hates Us All
Black Sabbath- Born Again (Yea I said it, eat me).

ThouShaltSuffer
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:47 pm 

Morbid Angel - I'll Dive In A Man's Anus is literally the worst album I've ever heard in my entire life.
There's also Cryptopsy - The Unspoken King, really shitty repetitive uninspired generic deathcore bollocks with the worst vocals ever that ends up sounding like Korn at some point, there's a keyboard player and she only fucking plays 5 notes during the whole album lol.
I'm surprised you didn't mention Lulu as well lol, WRIGGLE MY ASS LIKE A DOG PROSTITUTE, I AM THE TABLE, SPERMLESS LIKE A LADY!

Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:52 pm 

TrooperEd wrote:
Slayer- God Hates Us All

I personally think this is one of their best records, this along with Seasons in the Abyss and Reign in blood. It's the first really good record they had done since Seasons. Christ illusion is the biggest blunder Slayer record in my opinion, "going back to the roots"-garbage.

Stupid Thread by the way.

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:56 pm 

In Flames - Soundtrack to your Escape
Megadeth - Risk
Helloween - Chameleon

These may be my opinions but i see em get shit on ALOT.

And i guess theres stuff like Feel Sorry for the Fanatic, Swallow the Snake and Promise

ThouShaltSuffer
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:08 pm 

Everyone who thinks Cold Lake is the worst thing Celtic Frost have ever done really need to hear their 2002 demo Prototype, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:21 pm 

ThouShaltSuffer wrote:
Everyone who thinks Cold Lake is the worst thing Celtic Frost have ever done really need to hear their 2002 demo Prototype, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

Oh-ho-ho-ho man! What the hell was that? How come I have never heard of this before? This is like celtic frost took a shit, and then the shit became music. I'm getting a kick out of this.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:27 pm 

ThouShaltSuffer wrote:

I remember somebody linking this in the FFA thread. It's one of the most bizare ''what the fuck were they thinking?'' kind of releases I've ever heard. :lol:

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:29 pm 

ThouShaltSuffer wrote:

Well, this kind of explains Tom G. Warrior's beanie.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:43 pm 

Adriankat wrote:
ThouShaltSuffer wrote:

Well, this kind of explains Tom G. Warrior's beanie.

Possibly :D

Another obvious mention would be Kreator's Outcast-Endorama era.

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:12 pm 

ThouShaltSuffer wrote:

Chaccaron maccaron anyone?

Illuminati322
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:12 pm 

ThouShaltSuffer wrote:
Morbid Angel - I'll Dive In A Man's Anus is literally the worst album I've ever heard in my entire life.
There's also Cryptopsy - The Unspoken King, really shitty repetitive uninspired generic deathcore bollocks with the worst vocals ever that ends up sounding like Korn at some point, there's a keyboard player and she only fucking plays 5 notes during the whole album lol.
I'm surprised you didn't mention Lulu as well lol, WRIGGLE MY ASS LIKE A DOG PROSTITUTE, I AM THE TABLE, SPERMLESS LIKE A LADY!

I considered mentioning Lulu, but two albums from Metallica seemed rather gratuitous. That, and they'd already fallen from grace years before they did that one. Agreed regarding Cryptopsy, although their dive bomb came late in their career and so wasn't quite the shock as it would have been if made during their prime, as was the case with Metallica, Celtic Frost, and Sepultura.

Illuminati322
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:15 pm 

TrooperEd wrote:
Slayer- God Hates Us All
Black Sabbath- Born Again (Yea I said it, eat me).

See, I don't see a point of attacking God Hates Us All individually as it's essentially Diablous in Musica part 2, so I might as well just include both. I'm not as familiar with Born Again as I should be, but would list the late-80's Tony Martin era albums as Sabbath's career worst.

Illuminati322
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:21 pm 

Folkemon_ wrote:
In Flames - Soundtrack to your Escape
Megadeth - Risk
Helloween - Chameleon

These may be my opinions but i see em get shit on ALOT.

And i guess theres stuff like Feel Sorry for the Fanatic, Swallow the Snake and Promise

Ah, Risk.... perhaps I shouldn't comment as I can't bring myself to endure anything Megadeth has released since 1992. I at first reasoned that if I can't even make it through half of Countdown To Extinction I'm not even going to try to survive the albums preceding it. But.... now that it's been mentioned on this thread I'll pinch my nostrils and try the green eggs and ham. As for In Flames, I always found their crash and burn to have taken an interesting course, in that they're now looking for inspiration in the shitty mall-core bands they helped inspire in the first place.

~Guest 183305
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:21 pm 

The last Morbid Angel is the biggest disgrace since Metallica's St. Anger. All time I would go with Metallica. Some runner ups would be Slayers - God Hates Us All, Megadeths - Countdown to Extinction (even though the album has since grown on me), and Judas Priest - Ram It Down. Judas Priest using electronic drums. Ram It Down was in my top list for years, until St. Anger came out. I don't think that will ever be topped.

Stabwound
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:46 pm 

ThouShaltSuffer wrote:

What...? This sounds like someone with down syndrome tried to make a rap song.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:55 pm 

Ok, the mention of Megadeth's Countdown to Extinction led to this lock. This is highly subjective and the big examples (St-Anger, Illud, Cold Lake) are gonna get mentioned again.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.