Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/

Stuff to be excited about in 2013
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=94562
Page 14 of 19

Author:  Misfit74 [ Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

slavonic777 wrote:
I am surprised to see that Vengeful are releasing new album in quite a few days. I hope they are back in form with this one because their last album was pretty mediocre and way too long.


I love that band and missed this. Do you have a link?

Author:  InfernoxDeath [ Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

Am going to include Howl's "Bloodlines"!
Extra points for that killer album art by Ryan Begley
Youtube: show

Author:  slavonic777 [ Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

Misfit74 wrote:
slavonic777 wrote:
I am surprised to see that Vengeful are releasing new album in quite a few days. I hope they are back in form with this one because their last album was pretty mediocre and way too long.


I love that band and missed this. Do you have a link?


Now I read on their FB: KARMAMMXIII will be available on April 2nd. Remember: this is not the new Vengeful EP. It is a raw, yet produced, upgraded version of our 1st album. It’s basically a representation of what the songs would sound like if they were put together by our current lineup with the exception the main vocals that were provided by our original vocalist Marc-André Grenier.
Hm, I thought it will be completely new... I am quite disappointed now.

Author:  Misfit74 [ Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

slavonic777 wrote:

Now I read on their FB: KARMAMMXIII will be available on April 2nd. Remember: this is not the new Vengeful EP. It is a raw, yet produced, upgraded version of our 1st album. It’s basically a representation of what the songs would sound like if they were put together by our current lineup with the exception the main vocals that were provided by our original vocalist Marc-André Grenier.
Hm, I thought it will be completely new... I am quite disappointed now.


Well, I guess we get to settle for 'some' Vengeful now and 'more' new Vengeful later. ;)

Author:  Beer Baron [ Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

New album from Machetazo drops today, its titled Ruins for some reason as their other album titles are in Spanish. They never disappoint so I can't wait to get my hands on it.
I'm also looking forward to the-recorded album from Vengeful. The self titled is one hell of an album, so hopefully this will be similar.

Author:  MikeyC [ Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

Beer Baron wrote:
New album from Machetazo drops today, its titled Ruins for some reason as their other album titles are in Spanish. They never disappoint so I can't wait to get my hands on it.

What! I've been asleep at the wheel. I definitely want this! Machetazo are awesome. Thanks for mentioning!

Author:  Sick6Six [ Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

Really looking forward to the new Dodsferd (guitar solos?) and Pagan Hellfire (not sure how I missed this one until now)

Spoiler: show
Youtube: show

http://paganhellfire.bandcamp.com/album/

Author:  Dragunov [ Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

new Machetazo is awesome

Author:  dontlivefastjustdie [ Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

Dragunov wrote:
new Machetazo is awesome

qft

Author:  MeltedFace [ Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

The new Wardruna album came out today. I'm very excited to listen to it. Pretty cool that their music is featured on History's "Vikings" as well.

Author:  burning_pyre [ Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

Necroticism174 wrote:
This thread has reminded me of lots of releases, and a few I didn't even know about. I was under the impression that Carcass were not going to make a new album. Source?


They recently did a extensive interview with Zero Tolerance magazine, quite a good read. Very inciteful as to what to expect from the new album, without giving too much away :)

Author:  Necroticism174 [ Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

Sick6Six wrote:
Really looking forward to the new Dodsferd (guitar solos?)

Spoiler: show
Youtube: show


Oh shit, I had no idea.

Author:  InfernoxDeath [ Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

Kalmah just released a song from their upcoming album!
http://soundcloud.com/spinefarmrecords/ ... dlake-tale

Author:  Sick6Six [ Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

Necroticism174 wrote:
Sick6Six wrote:
Really looking forward to the new Dodsferd (guitar solos?)

Spoiler: show
Youtube: show


Oh shit, I had no idea.

Apparently this was released in stealth mode because it's available from WTC and some other obscure distros /ordering now

Author:  1536 [ Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

Are we forgetting TETRAGRAMMATON (The Monolith Deathcult) and Kingdom of Conspiracy (Immolation) in May?!

Author:  dontlivefastjustdie [ Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

1536 wrote:
Are we forgetting TETRAGRAMMATON (The Monolith Deathcult) and Kingdom of Conspiracy (Immolation) in May?!

If you read the rest of the thread you'd know the answer :wink:

Author:  slayer85 [ Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:29 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

Sick6Six wrote:
After fully listening to the new Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult album "Necrovision" I must amend my previous post to say that this is one of the best albums I have heard in a LONG time. It's the next Sargeist - Let the Devil In. Anyone who is a fan of black or even fast/tech death metal must check this one out. The drumming is inhumanely fast, but not just constant blasting, and the guitar riffs are of the best I've heard in a long time. While most of the album is pretty much full speed ahead it has that royal beautiful darkness throughout. This one is going to be hard to top for awhile at least in my opinion.


Yeah, I agree! The new album from DNS is one of the best new black metal albums to come out this year! I also think that the new one from Koldbrann can match that!

Also, have u heard the latest album from Enshadowed? It's brutal, yet very dark!

Author:  InfernoxDeath [ Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

new Amon Amarth new album art!
Spoiler: show
Image

Author:  Maniac Matis [ Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

NEW RUINS OF BEVERAST. That is all. Going to be the best release of 2013 hands down.

New Satan is going to rule aswell. Skeptical about Toxik's new record until I hear a teaser.

Author:  shouvince [ Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

Yeah so Disma are releasing two new tracks as part of an bonus EP with the double LP edition of 'Towards the megalith'. I'm slightly disappointed with just two new songs being released. The 1 minute trailer for that EP is out though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... QlyPG7WuCA

Author:  Gore__Grinder [ Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

shouvince wrote:
Yeah so Disma are releasing two new tracks as part of an bonus EP with the double LP edition of 'Towards the megalith'. I'm slightly disappointed with just two new songs being released. The 1 minute trailer for that EP is out though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... QlyPG7WuCA


that sounds excellent, fucking heavy too! will look forward to this even though it is only two tracks.

Author:  ModusOperandi [ Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

Kyle Thomas wrapped up vocals for the new Trouble album about a week ago which is now possibly titled The Distortion Field instead of The Dark Riff. I'm holding off on that being definite until the band says something for sure down the line, but I do prefer that new title more. Alhough I'm not as familiar with Trouble as I should be outside of the obligatory Psalm 9 and am naturally going to correct that, it's good Kyle's staying active in music after the unfortunate passing of Frankie Sparcello and Exhorder's apparent disbanding for good.

Author:  Evil_Wicked_Twisted_Mind [ Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

So, Age Of Taurus releasing their debut full length. Fvck yeah \m/

Author:  Misfit74 [ Thu May 09, 2013 1:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

Kraanium's next one, "Chronicles Of Perversion". If they add a bit more in the area of songwriting to their killer sound and sick riffs I'll expect it to be one of my favorites this year. Their last album was very good and the direction they're headed is among the leaders of the pack in slam/brutal death. The cover:

Image

Author:  Evil_Wicked_Twisted_Mind [ Fri May 10, 2013 8:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

New Necrophobic this year it seems. Post on their FB page -

NECROPHOBIC
20 April via mobile
What are you doing right now? We are preparing a masterpiece for you.

Author:  Jasper92 [ Fri May 10, 2013 5:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

Image

One of, if not the, best comeback albums ever. Just great.

Author:  slavonic777 [ Sat May 11, 2013 4:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

Looking forward to:

Demonomancy - Throne of Demonic Proselytism
Their last demo was superb, so my expectations are high.

Gigan - Multi-Dimentional Fractal Sorcery and Super Science
I hope that after that matrix-like shit they return back with something good. Album name doesn't suggest it, though.

Death Karma - A Life Not Worth Living
Image
https://soundcloud.com/iron-bonehead-pr ... dark-omens
Death/Black Metal project featuring members of Lykathea Aflame and Maniac Butcher. Cool cover art. Single song sounds only slightly above average but some people may dig it...

Seth - The Howling Spirit
http://youtu.be/n-jLIfLODvA
Can't be as great as their logo, that's for sure

Gevurah - Necheshirion
EP to be released on profound lore. If you click the middle candle on their site you can listen to one song. Sounds good enough.

Hecate Enthroned - Virulent Rapture

Author:  ChildClownOutlet [ Sat May 11, 2013 6:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

Image

Author:  MikeyC [ Sun May 12, 2013 12:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

slavonic777 wrote:
Gigan - Multi-Dimentional Fractal Sorcery and Super Science
I hope that after that matrix-like shit they return back with something good. Album name doesn't suggest it, though.

Oh, cool! Didn't realise they were coming out with another one. I'm keen on this band so I'll try to keep an eye out for this.

Author:  dystopia4 [ Sun May 12, 2013 1:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

New Gigan? That's pretty cool. Their first album is some of my favourite death metal albums of all time. I don't know why, but psychedelia and tech death just work so well together. For some reason their second one didn't sit as well with me, not sure what it is, but it just feels like a massive step down. Speaking of Gigan, can't wait for Orbweaver to release their debut EP this year.

Author:  Dragunov [ Sun May 12, 2013 10:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

dystopia4 wrote:
Orbweaver


THERE'S a band I completely forgot about. Looking forward to that EP as well!

Author:  cultofkraken [ Mon May 13, 2013 2:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

I just heard a track by the Estonian band Graveyard of Souls, I know nothing about this band but this track was very impressive, in a way it kind of reminds me Depresy. New album Shadows of Life out in June, I think I'll be picking this up.

Youtube: show

Author:  androdion [ Mon May 13, 2013 3:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

I get the comparison with Depresy, but it's actually very marginal. This is much slower and less keyboard intensive, and less death metal too. It's cool alright, albeit a bit derivative, and I'd like to listen to its full extent to be able to have an honest opinion.

If nothing else it left my mildly curious. ;)

Author:  cultofkraken [ Mon May 13, 2013 5:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

androdion wrote:
I get the comparison with Depresy, but it's actually very marginal. This is much slower and less keyboard intensive, and less death metal too. It's cool alright, albeit a bit derivative, and I'd like to listen to its full extent to be able to have an honest opinion.

If nothing else it left my mildly curious. ;)


Yeah I agree, I think it's more so the atmosphere/feeling that reminds me of Depresy (the melodies they use evoke the same kind of feeling I got from The Grand Magnificence). Yeah it's not groundbreaking, but I think it's very enjoyable and that main riff sticks in my head bigtime.

Author:  androdion [ Tue May 14, 2013 1:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

True that. Nowadays an unoriginal band leaving me "mildly curious" is pretty much a win. :lol: You could say I've listened to so much stuff throughout my life that anything new that sticks must indeed have some value. Being on FDA Rekotz leaves my doubting though, they have a pretty shitty roster...

Author:  cultofkraken [ Tue May 14, 2013 2:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

androdion wrote:
True that. Nowadays an unoriginal band leaving me "mildly curious" is pretty much a win. :lol: You could say I've listened to so much stuff throughout my life that anything new that sticks must indeed have some value. Being on FDA Rekotz leaves my doubting though, they have a pretty shitty roster...


Yes FDA Rekotz do have a pretty weak roster, but I think Lifeless and Chapel of Disease are pretty good.

Author:  Poisonfume [ Tue May 14, 2013 5:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

Apparently Thou Art Lord is releasing a new album very soon. Looking forward to that.

Author:  Zelkiiro [ Wed May 15, 2013 9:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

Holy shit! In the next few months, there's gonna be a new Dark Moor, new Tank, new Orphaned Land, new Powerwolf, and new Edenbridge! Where the fuck did all of this come from?!

2013 will truly be a glorious year. For me, anyway.

Author:  ahr888 [ Fri May 17, 2013 10:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

Don't know if it's coming out in 2013 but Psycroptic is working on new stuff. Should be exciting. Let's see what they come up with this time around. They're somewhat unpredictable from one album to the next.

Author:  shouvince [ Fri May 17, 2013 6:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Stuff to be excited about in 2013

ahr888 wrote:
Don't know if it's coming out in 2013 but Psycroptic is working on new stuff. Should be exciting. Let's see what they come up with this time around. They're somewhat unpredictable from one album to the next.


Yeah? They were one of my favorites when I used to listen to a lot of tech-death few years ago. I don't know, I just felt that their last two releases, Observant and Inherited Repression, were too polished and sometimes repetitive. I'll still check it out when it releases though.

Page 14 of 19 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/