* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
mike40k
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:05 am 

lennonlikesmetal wrote:
My Bloody Valentine.

Apparently the album will be out before the end of this year. Though what Kevin Shields says and what Kevin Shields does are two very different things...

As for stuff I'm looking forward to next year:
Darkthrone
Summoning
Godflesh
TWO new Killing Joke albums
Twilight
Alcest
Voivod
Cobalt
Man's Gin

I'm curious what Mayhem will come up with. I wonder if Necrobutcher will get off his lazy ass and actually contribute this time around...

Ziltoid 2 from Hevy Devy is promising. I loved the first Ziltoid. That said, Deconstruction, Ghost and Epicloud have all been big let downs for me. And I am an utter Devy fanboy. But those recent records just don't have the magic. Too much kooky weirdness, humour, adn experimentation, not enough epic riffs and feeling in the songs.

And as for Faith No More, I really hope they don't put out new material. The Real Thing and Angel Dust are two of my all time favourite albums, but they seem like such products of their time (i.e. the 90's). I can't see how they could really come back together and do a great album now, if that makes sense.

suleiman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:34 am 

deicidefan wrote:
I hope there's a new Origin too.

give the man a prize :)

ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:49 am 

yeah portal have just confirmed that their new album is due out february 19th next year

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:22 am 

mike40k wrote:
And as for Faith No More, I really hope they don't put out new material. The Real Thing and Angel Dust are two of my all time favourite albums, but they seem like such products of their time (i.e. the 90's). I can't see how they could really come back together and do a great album now, if that makes sense.

The reunion shows were fantastic though. I think new material would sound good.

Hell, the new Soundgarden album isn't bad.

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:54 am 

I'm most looking forward to new albums from Wormed, Defeated Sanity, Haken, Arghoslent, and others I can't remember right now.

Also, I'm still waiting for the new Gorguts which has been delayed or something. And Necrophagist, but I guess it could be safe to assume they're never going to get anything done.
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:06 pm 

triggerhappy wrote:
Arghoslent

Mmmm, good fucking call. Though, truthfully, I'm still trying to fully digest Hornets of the Pogrom and their side of the split with Martial Barrage. I don't need new Arghoslent material but I'm still really excited to hear it.

It's probably already been mentioned but I'm anxiously awaiting new releases from both Howie Bentley's major projects: Cauldron Born and Briton Rites. Howie is an obscenely talented song writer, whether it's the driving propulsive doomed swagger of Briton Rites or the weird-fiction fueled USPM of Cauldron Born.

triggerhappy
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:25 pm 

^The split was decent. Somewhat darker than usual stuff from what I recall. Hornets, on the other hand, is the best thing they've ever done. But really, anything they put out should be good.
That's all Crick's iPod accepts. GB = Gargobytes.

thrashfan07
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:09 pm 

Lord Summerisle wrote:
New Summoning, Paysage d'Hiver, Manilla Road, and Pagan Altar. I'm hoping the next Alcest album will be good, too, but I'm not anticipating nearly as much as these others.

Is new Paysage d'Hiver a certain thing for 2013? Das Tor has been in the making for a while and it was said to have been coming out several times at this point. Either way, I can't wait, the sample track they posted on their Myspace is fantastic, really cold and desolate like Winterkalte. Here's to hoping for Darkspace IV as well, though I'm probably more interested in Das Tor at this point.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:35 pm 

New Arghoslent? Sign me up. Like Jonpo said, I don't need a new album from them, as I'm not too into their actual songs...but hot damn do I love pretty much all of their individual guitar riffs. I expect some tasty fretwork as always.

Forgot to mention Manilla Road, Pagan Altar, Cauldron Born and Voivod.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:18 pm 

One I remembered today and forgot to mention earlier and I'm rather looking forward to is new:

Soreption.

"Swedish tech death metallers Soreption have revealed that their new second full-length record will be entitled Engineering The Void, and should be released sometime in early 2013 via Ninetone Records."

truvelocity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:09 am 

Excited and hopeful for the new QUEENSRYCHE, CRIMSON GLORY and FATES WARNING

Primate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:17 am 

The new Alice in Chains and Slayer records for sure. I pray that Tool will put out an new album in 2013.

Last edited by Primate on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
truvelocity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:27 am 

yeah really really PREY

truvelocity
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:28 am 

...as opposed to "pray"

Primate
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:03 am 

truvelocity wrote:
...as opposed to "pray"

Good god stop the presses!

GuitarGuyNack
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:41 pm 

I'm looking forward to new Immolation above all else.

Also looking forward to:
Suffocation
Behemoth
Black Sabbath
Deicide-Hopefully they can pull off a good album for a change.
Vital Remains
Slayer-Hopefully Jeff can contribute some to this, even if it's just lyrics.My big fear for this is that Kerry will have written all the songs, so we'll end up with 1 or 2 good songs and 8 or 9 boring ones at best.

I would like a new Dimmu Borgir album just to see if they're still writing crap like their last album.

Hymnofwolves
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:11 pm 

I am looking forward to:

gorguts (supposedly)
immolation
incantation
suffocation
wormed
svartsyn
ulcerate
augury
dodsengel
voivod
mare ?
mayhem?

looks like it shaping up to be a good year

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:24 pm 

Another couple that I forgot....

Guttural Secrete - Nourishing The Spoils

and

Deeds Of Flesh - Portal To Canaan

Ecliptik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:54 pm 

Misfit74 wrote:

Still sounds a bit too Necrophagist-y. But I'll be looking forward to it, regardless. Deeds of Flesh are one of the few brutal death metal bands that I really enjoy.

2Eagle333
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:06 am 

Looking forward to the new Fates Warning, Holocaust, In Progress, and the SETI album if it comes through. Holocaust apparently have two albums in the pipeline (one an FWX kind of 'live track' album, one a concept album named 'Predestination'), which would be pretty amazing, and more of Jim Matheos and John Cyriis is always welcome. In Progress also seem to be a pretty promising band, especially now that they've taken on a pretty overt influence from Kevin Moore's music, and that should be interesting to listen to. They're probably going to go for a week-long digital release starting on Monday, but the full material release will probably have to wait until next year.

Edit: Forgot about Ziltoid squared somehow. Yeah, that one could be worth a listen, although I haven't been that impressed with the albums since Ki. I'll definitely be checking it out, in any case. The new Voivod could also be interesting, along with a new Gorguts if it gets released.

Last edited by 2Eagle333 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:23 am 

The as yet untitled new Portal album, which will be hitting ears on February 19th.
I think each album has been better than the one before, not only in terms of production but overall atmosphere as well,
so I'm more than thrilled for another chapter and prepared for whatever new surprises they conjure.

chaos_orb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:02 pm 

A new Summoning is all i want!
With a new Summoning i would't even have time for any other new albums to listen to... :wink:

IdiotFlesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:36 pm 

Any word on ColdWorld? Melancholie squared is one of my favorite albums, and I'd love to hear some more. This is the last thing I can find from him http://us.myspace.com/thestarsaredeadnow/blog/545610517

draconiondevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:23 am 

For next year I'm looking forward to the new:

Slayer
Sodom
Darkthrone
Suffocation
Voivod
Saxon
Megadeth
Manilla Road
Blind Guardian (probably going to be 2014 actually)
and Helloween will probably be pretty cool too.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:57 am 

I'm not sure I can legally express what I would do for a new Bolt Thrower album without getting a red flag from my ISP :lol: Realistically, it would be cool for Undergang, Acephalix and what not to release new stuff.

I'd also like to see Metallica call it quits. They've had their run.

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:20 am 

Mutiny Within - Synchronity (1/12)
Helloween - Straight Out of Hell (1/18)
Holy Grail - Ride the Void (1/18)
Voivod - Target Earth (1/18)
Cult of Luna - Vertikal (1/23)
Defeated Sanity - Passages Into Deformity (2/5)
KMFDM - Kunst (2/26)

That's going by only stuff with announced dates thusfar

lupin99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:51 am 

More Down EP's!! :)

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:40 pm 

I really don't get that whole "release the album as EPs thing," added to the middling quality of the purple idea it's kinda pissed me off at them.

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:09 pm 

Persuader - As already mentioned. They are recording as we speak!
Demonoid - I wouldn't mind a new album from them one bit.
Anata - I've heard rumours.
Lion's Share - Apparently they are in the writing process. Emotional Coma was a monster of an album!
Steel Prophet - Perhaps? Rick Mythiasin is back, so my hopes are up.
Morgana Lefay - Since they are back together I expect a new album soon. One can dream, right?

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:30 pm 

Opus wrote:

They claim they are recording a new album, though I'm not sure when that was last updated.

andersbang
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:32 pm 

FUCKING ULCERATE

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:43 pm 

oogboog wrote:
Opus wrote:

They claim they are recording a new album, though I'm not sure when that was last updated.

I swear this is going to dethrone ideas of a new Necrophagist album in terms of wishful thinking... :nono:

Hircine
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:14 am 

FirebathDan wrote:
Alcest has a new record due in 2013, which is being recorded in Iceland at Sigur Ros' studio and is said to be abandoning metal elements altogether. The latter is fine with me as, I've always thought that most of the BM elements were the weakest elements in their overall sound. But the former has me excited at the thought of a whole new dimension to their sound as well as the thought of any potential Alcest/Sigur Ros collaboration (although nothing is confirmed at this time).

Yeah, that just gave me a bit of a music boner. Think Kvelertak and Kylesa have new albums coming out next year, and I'm interested to see how both bands' sounds have developed. In the case of Kvelertak I'd be happy with "not at all" to be honest, but I hope Kylesa bring out something more "Static Tensions" than "Spiral Shadow", though I wouldn't be adverse to more non-metal psychedelic elements, just as long as the actual metal is sludgy.

Wolfgong wrote:
By the way I am straight and male and get a kick outta tricking chicks to get into their pussy

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:38 am 

Opus wrote:
Persuader - As already mentioned. They are recording as we speak!

They've been "recording" for like four years. They say they're in the studio, they go silent for eight months, and then say Jens was busy with Savage Circus. Then they go silent for six months and give a thirty second clip of them sitting at a soundboard with a fuzzy preproduction track playing. Then they go silent for a year and come back saying the guitarist had a kid so they had to put it on hold while he did his daddy duties. Then they go silent for eight months and come back saying they're writing/recording right now. This is going to be so much worse than Time for me because I actually really like Persuader, and they've been taking a comparable amount of time whilst making silly excuses and going huge stretches of time without communicating to the fans. No matter what they release, I'm sure I'll be underwhelmed at this point.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

orionmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:48 am 

New Aeternus. Apparently they finished recording this weekend. I'm not expecting another Beyond the Wandering Moon or And So The Night Became but I am expecting an excellent record.

Obviously all the Manilla Road stuff.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:11 am 

androdion wrote:
I swear this is going to dethrone ideas of a new Necrophagist album in terms of wishful thinking... :nono:

I hope not. I won't get my hopes up, because 1. It still could be ages before it's out, as it's already been 6 years and counting, and 2. The Conductor's Departure is one of my all-time favourite tech-death releases so it'll be hard to top that.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:44 am 

Read last night that Wardruna will release the new album in spring next year, which got me unreasonably excited.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:08 am 

MikeyC wrote:
androdion wrote:

I hope not. I won't get my hopes up, because 1. It still could be ages before it's out, as it's already been 6 years and counting, and 2. The Conductor's Departure is one of my all-time favourite tech-death releases so it'll be hard to top that.

Don't get me wrong Mickey, I love Anata! I have all of their albums and wouldn't really mind a new one since I really enjoy them. But as you say, it's been 6 years and with all the things we know. By this point in time it's the same as to wait for a new Necrophagist or a new Dawn. It could happen but it's unlikely to.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:32 pm 

oogboog wrote:
Opus wrote:

There is more then just rumours....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj3jkPFT8GI

Also: i sent a mail to Fredrik Schälin, and he told me this! "Hi there! Yeswe'vegotanotheralbum coming out! UnfortunatelyatthispointIcants­aytoomuchabout whereorhoworwhen,AllIcansayis that there is a new album, and it's anything you would hope or expect from us. It's fast, slow, heavy... sometimes straight-forward and sometimes quite complex. All in all, it's diverse as always and 'very Anata'.Thanks for writing, and most of all, thanks for keeping the faith in Anata!Cheers,Fredrik Schälin /Anata

It's from a youtube comment, so don't hold me on this.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:19 pm 

I have a bit of a Thomas complex (hope it's the correct transliteration, otherwise I'll look like an ass!). I have to see in order to believe in it. :p

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next