Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MalariaMosquito
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:58 pm 

lord_ghengis wrote:
Mitochondrion, it's only an EP which is a bit underwhelming, but the band kicks ass so it'll do me. Other than that, there is nothing.

They do have an LP coming; just announced on FB actually. No release date though.
Quote:
What's up with Dead Congregation? Next year will be 5 years since Graves of the Archangels was released. I haven't heard a damn thing about them since. Has anyone heard anything?

They've been doing a ton of touring, but I haven't heard them play anything new at a gig, so a new album's probably still a while off.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:12 pm 

luxul wrote:
Devin Townsend (Ziltoid 2).

Say what now!? :love:

Hmm. We've got Rings of Saturn, Guttural Secrete, Portal and Wormed early in the year, and !T.O.O.H.! are working on their new album. I imagine Short Bus Pile Up and Cephalotripsy will both release new albums at some point in 2013, too. Basically yeah, it's going to be a great year, which is good because 2012 was boring as all fucking hell for my tastes.

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:19 pm 

That orchestral album that Blind Guardian has been talking about is the only 2013 album that I know about yet that's worth getting excited about. Normally I'd be extremely excited for the new Megadeth album, but after Thirteen... Don't have very high hopes for it.

Anybody know if Exodus is gonna have an album out next year?

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

MalariaMosquito
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:46 pm 

New Portal's going to be killer. Also looking forward to the new Aosoth, Cobalt, Ghast, Grave Miasma, Incantation, and Urfaust releases.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:30 pm 

693 wrote:
Mayhem - interested to hear what these guys have come up with. I hope it is good as I personally thought they should have split up after blasphemer left.

As much as I like the Blasphemer albums, they theoretically should've split up after Euronymous died. Hell, one could argue that Mayhem has essentially been three or four bands in one at this point!

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:31 pm 

There's going to be a new Portal coming out? Awesome, I can't wait.

mooDoom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:24 pm 

- ReVamp: Floor is already working on it, can't wait.
- Behemoth: Hopefully Nergal manages to make time for it.
- Virgin Black: Pianissimo should have been released ages ago, rumor has it it will come out next year.
- Old Man's Child: Galder hinted at the possibility for a new album this year but it will probably come out next year.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:28 pm 

Thashierthanthou wrote:
Anybody know if Exodus is gonna have an album out next year?

Word from Gary Holt at a recent live event with Slayer is they're heading to the studio in the spring for a summer release. Nothing concrete, though.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:32 pm 

mooDoom wrote:
- Old Man's Child: Galder hinted at the possibility for a new album this year but it will probably come out next year.

Dimmu Borgir are likely to release a new album in 2013 given that three year periods are what they look like they're going for now. If that's the case, it'll be hard for Galder to squeeze in recording (unless he's already done it) and releasing an OMC album. He knows Shagrath won't allow that to come before his Dimmu-carny tour.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:21 am 

oogboog wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:
7 H. Target

Wait, they are? Sweet, I hope it'll be as great as Fast-Slow Demolition, if not better.

New artwork here, and a studio report w/ new song clips here. ;)

ogmetal
Veteran of the Psychic Wars

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:29 am 

Here's some of what Dark Descent has upcoming in 2013. I think some of you may appreciate this:

Krypts debut full-length
Swallowed debut full-length
Lantern - Below full-length
Imprecation full-length
Corpsessed debut full-length
Thantifaxath full-length
Lvcifyre full-length

Pentacle/Eternal Solstice double 7"
Mitochondrion - Antinumerology 7"
Anatomia/Living Decay 7"

Just some of the stuff that's coming up.

mooDoom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:45 am 

OzzyApu wrote:
Dimmu Borgir are likely to release a new album in 2013 given that three year periods are what they look like they're going for now. If that's the case, it'll be hard for Galder to squeeze in recording (unless he's already done it) and releasing an OMC album. He knows Shagrath won't allow that to come before his Dimmu-carny tour.

It is possible that Dimmu do release an album next year, I think it would be nice as I really love Dimmu Borgir. But I wonder what the recent line up change in the band means for Old Man's Child. Shagrath stated in an interview that Dimmu is now a three piece band made up of him, Silenoz and Galder. Galder has been in the band for more than a decade and during that time he has continued to release OMC albums so I don't really see a problem with him releasing another album. He and Shagrath go way back and are like childhood friends so I don't see them having a conflict of interest and the Dimmu Borgir tour is already going on and would be over by the time Galder releases a new OMC album.

Aftermath1349
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:49 am 

Gorguts... Though I've been saying that for two years now.
Portal
Mayhem
Thorns
Darkthrone

LiberXul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:19 am 

Devourment

Last edited by LiberXul on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:48 am 

mooDoom wrote:
- ReVamp: Floor is already working on it, can't wait.
- Behemoth: Hopefully Nergal manages to make time for it.
- Virgin Black: Pianissimo should have been released ages ago, rumor has it it will come out next year.

The new Behemoth better have some new ideas, Evangelion was literally nothing but filler with incredible drumwork. Virgin Black's newest is always something to look forward to, also I forgot to post the new Cynic I adored Carbon Based anatomy its literally the best thing they've done since Focus. But I'm a sucker for ambient/world music so enjoying it was no large achievement.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:02 am 

ogmetal wrote:

That's what I'm talkin' about.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:44 am 

ogmetal wrote:
Here's some of what Dark Descent has upcoming in 2013. I think some of you may appreciate this:

Krypts debut full-length
Imprecation full-length
Thantifaxath full-length
Lvcifyre full-length

Anatomia/Living Decay 7"

That's some pretty cool stuff. I listened to one of Lvcifyre's previous albums the other day and it totally kicked my ass. New Mitochondrion sounds cool aswell... And Anatomia rules!
Just some of the stuff that's coming up.

Last edited by Zerberus on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ColdBecoming
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:17 am 

yeah thats a sweet list of upcoming stuff on dark descent. krypts, corpsessed and the mitochondrion EP are the ones im most looking forward to

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:35 am 

LANTERN!!!! Maximum Finndeath band, super excited about that one. The other ones don't mean nothing to me.

iriki
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:41 am 

I go for Exivious, that teaser is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36LZuk0Qw4g

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:53 am 

New Iron Maiden is always expected :D Wonder if it's the next year or will it take some more time to come out.

Also Manilla Road. I haven't heard their couple latest (been just listening to Mark of the Beast really), but have quite high expectations for it. Some songs from Gates of Fire suffered the Reverend Bizarre -syndrome: great songs but too fucking long and repeated. Still like it though. And also RB!

Lord Vicar could be one. Signs of Osiris is so fucking great! Interesting to find out where they will go next.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:45 am 

If Alcest looses its metal side I will loose interest in this band, both sides(the heaviest and most atmospheric one) are essential to create Alcest´s particular sound. So the band will sound incomplete in my opinion, I am sure they can still release something interesting but sadly it will be too cheese.

I expect to see Fen returning to a more "blackish" and darker sound taking into account the description they have done about the new album.

Another very expected albums:

Summoning
Negura Bunget
Behemoth
Mykgrav.

Morbideath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:20 am 

I can't wait to thrash my ears with the new VIOLATOR and new FUELED BY FIRE !!!

GTog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:34 am 

News about Kalmah and Omnium Gatherum is pretty cool. I was wondering about a new Mors Principium Est too, then one was announced for December. So yay. And could we be due for another Amon Amarth full length?

I wouldn't hold my breath for Dawn, or even Behemoth. However, if Behemoth remains dormant, maybe another Azarath or Vesania?

And I would really, really like to hear Grand Guignol - Book II from Dark End. They are genius.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:07 pm 

Yeah, new Vesania would be cool too though the last album was not that good. They have had enough time to create new songs, ahh lazy guys. :)

Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:35 pm 

ogmetal wrote:
Anatomia/Living Decay 7"

New Anatomia is always welcomed, even the 7''. Got all of them and they can definitely write killer standalone tracks that have a different feel to what we see on the albums.

Otherwise next year is looking stellar, definitely very excited for Manilla Road and Darkthrone. It took me some years to appreciate their latest (and it was not particularly killer though), but I'm still looking forward to see what Sodom can dish out. Unfortunately Sorychta is still producing, but they still managed to write some surprising tracks on the latest.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:43 pm 

I'm very very hopeful for a full-length album from Borrowed Time. I have no idea if there's anything definite planned but I assume it won't be long now. Their demo/7" material is still flooring me on a weekly basis. Just a really natural sounding group, they don't beat you over the head with their "retro"-ness, it's just a bi-product of the bad ass music they write.

Dragunov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:16 pm 

ogmetal wrote:

Krypts debut full-length
Imprecation full-length
Thantifaxath full-length
Lvcifyre full-length

Anatomia/Living Decay 7"

All of these should be awesome, especially Swallowed and Mitochondrion (can't wait to see them at CIT). Also stoked about new stuff from P.L.F., Death Toll 80K, Internal Rot (this especially), Portal, Antediluvian, Sacriphyx, and Grave Upheaval. Some of those I think are coming out late this year, but whatever. Then there are the obvious ones to be excited about like Gorguts and Autopsy.

Jonpo wrote:
I'm very very hopeful for a full-length album from Borrowed Time. I have no idea if there's anything definite planned but I assume it won't be long now. Their demo/7" material is still flooring me on a weekly basis. Just a really natural sounding group, they don't beat you over the head with their "retro"-ness, it's just a bi-product of the bad ass music they write.

Also, this. No doubt.

Lord Summerisle
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:30 pm 

New Summoning, Paysage d'Hiver, Manilla Road, and Pagan Altar. I'm hoping the next Alcest album will be good, too, but I'm not anticipating nearly as much as these others.

Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:55 pm 

Twisted_Psychology wrote:
693 wrote:
Mayhem - interested to hear what these guys have come up with. I hope it is good as I personally thought they should have split up after blasphemer left.

As much as I like the Blasphemer albums, they theoretically should've split up after Euronymous died. Hell, one could argue that Mayhem has essentially been three or four bands in one at this point!

They theoretically did. They were split up from end of 93 to the late 95.

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:31 pm 

Lord Summerisle wrote:
New Summoning, Paysage d'Hiver, Manilla Road, and Pagan Altar. I'm hoping the next Alcest album will be good, too, but I'm not anticipating nearly as much as these others.

New Paysage d'Hiver sounds interesting. Last release was 2007 or something, so it's been a while. I also just started listening to Pd'H again after having forgotten about it for some time.

maxxpower
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:45 pm 

So who's playing the guitar on Mayhem's new album? Necrobutcher can barely record the bass parts so I doubt he'll play the guitar.

nosferatu1234
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:43 pm 

ogmetal wrote:

Krypts debut full-length
Imprecation full-length

Oh hell yea. I've been waiting for that Krypts full length for awhile. Also a Corpsessed LP will be fuckin awesome. Lantern too.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:26 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
ogmetal wrote:

That's what I'm talkin' about.

Heard them for the first time yesterday and they were great, lots of grooves and sick fucking vocals. I can't believe I missed these guys or wrote them off whatever came first.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:40 pm 

Going to check out Corpsessed's two EPs now with all the hullabaloo. ;)

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:41 pm 

I'm holding out hope Monads releases new material sometime in 2013.

There's a chance we might see a second Demonoid album, if so that would rank as one of my most anticipated releases of the year.

New Eternal Tears of Sorrow is a sure thing, they are about to master it.

There might be a new Mortician album, for anyone who likes Mortician.

Several local bands are either in the process of writing new material, or already have new material in store. I know Rivers of Nihil has a couple new songs, but I'm not sure if they will appear on an EP or a full length. Gloominous Doom also has a couple new songs that fucking kick ass, and at the rate they go I wouldn't be too surprised to see a full length sometime in 2013. There are a couple of new bands that have me intrigued. The rhythm guitarist of Rivers of Nihil has a sludgy black metal side project called Outer Heaven that nearly blew my ears out when I saw them.

Because I may be the only one to mention these two bands, I'm looking forward to a new In Flames album, and I'm quite stoked for a new Killswitch Engage. In Flames has always been one of my "guilty pleasures" while Killswitch Engage recently reunited with their original vocalist Jesse Leach. I have high expectations for the new Killswitch Engage album, hopefully they'll deliver.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

MalariaMosquito
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:01 pm 

Found this on another forum, figured you guys'd like it. Looks legit, but who knows?

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:23 am 

maxxpower wrote:
So who's playing the guitar on Mayhem's new album? Necrobutcher can barely record the bass parts so I doubt he'll play the guitar.

Teloch is a member in the band now.

soulonfire
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:11 am 

I forgot Dream Theater, the non-crappy Queensryche, and (hopefully) Fates Warning. I'll also cling to the hope of a new Bolt Thrower.

Use Baloo and calypso music.

Cendelence
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:13 am 

The Azazel (fin) full length is finally out after 20 years and it absolutely crushes. The year might as well be over. Nothing will top it.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next