* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Nanoscourge
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:11 pm 

From their Facebook:

Quote:
Last night we started to work on the new album. We have almost everything written for it, and Motorhead artist Joe Pategno has done the sickest cover we could imagine for this record. We are taking our time with this, as we want to make it the most brutal Autopsy album to date. It WILL melt your face off...

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 4133792668

Sounds like great news to me! Macabre Eternal is an awesome album, maybe a bit on the long side, but a killer album nonetheless! Anyone who's seen these guys recently knows they're far from being out of energy, can't really see this album being anything other than great.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:40 pm 

I'll gladly take "Macabre Eternal II" although something tells me they're not quite interested in making a carbon-copy that just checks the boxes. I can see this next album going in one of either two directions. Either it's more straight-forward and direct with the trademark Autopsy brutality that's expected in both uptempo numbers and their slower, dirge-like songs or they stretch out a little bit more in a similar way that the last album did - only going even further. That's not to say they'll start incorporating jazzy sequences or clean vocals or anything like that, but deviating just enough away from "the formula" to make the album stand out on its own. Whatever path they choose is more fulfilling to me than just rehashing their first 2 albums which, while both excellent, don't lend themselves to watered-down "modern" interpretations. Autopsy scratches that itch and it's fortunate that they're back for good, continuing to get new material out in some form since the Tomb Within EP.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

nosferatu1234
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:46 pm 

Sweet. Looking forward to it. I enjoyed Macabre Eternal, tho I haven't listened to it in quite awhile. I'll be really curious to see they're approach on this next album.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:55 pm 

Macabre Eternal was a rock solid record, so count me as excited for this. I'd like to hear a slightly less polished production job though. ME wasn't squeaky clean or anything, but Autopsy can always use a little more grime in their sound. Another epic piece in the vein Sadistic Gratification would be highly welcomed, too.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:31 pm 

Quote:
We are taking our time with this, as we want to make it the *superlativ* *bandname* album to date.

I have a bad feeling about this...

...what am I saying? Autopsy can't do wrong! (Please?)
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:42 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
Macabre Eternal was a rock solid record, so count me as excited for this. I'd like to hear a slightly less polished production job though. ME wasn't squeaky clean or anything, but Autopsy can always use a little more grime in their sound. Another epic piece in the vein Sadistic Gratification would be highly welcomed, too.

This, exactly fucking this. Macabre Eternal was the bomb, 2013 is going to be a great year - new Mayhem, new Darkthrone and now new Autopsy. What's next, a new Bolt Thrower album?

I'm gonna need a new pair of pants.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:38 am 

Cool beans.

ld50
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:54 am 

Macabre Eternal was an absolute beast and one of the best of that year. Top 5-10 on my list. Those vocals are just something else; I can't think of anyone that can reproduce something like that. Bring on the next one!

Reply to topic