Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
sniperofbuffalo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:16 am 

After years of procrastination, I finally decided to make my own battle vest. I had a couple of questions for some of the more experienced metalheads regarding them.

1.) Can I attach other patches besides band patches? If so, what kind of patches can I use?

2.) When attaching patches to the chest pockets, should I sew the patches to the inside of the pocket or the inside of the entire vest?

ThrashingTheRedemer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:42 am 

With every man and his dog getting one nowadays, I thought I'd branch out - I've always wanted to make a battle jacket entirely out of fast-food patches, with some ketchup and grease stains holding it all together.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:56 am 

Check out this thread:

http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46690

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

sniperofbuffalo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:05 am 

ThrashingTheRedemer wrote:
With every man and his dog getting one nowadays, I thought I'd branch out - I've always wanted to make a battle jacket entirely out of fast-food patches, with some ketchup and grease stains holding it all together.

Well if you enjoy eating poorly cooked low quality "food" and corporate slavery, then go right on ahead.

Huldrelok
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:25 am 

sniperofbuffalo wrote:

Well if you enjoy eating poorly cooked low quality "food" and corporate slavery, then go right on ahead.

Haha, well it would be "unique" and you might not get a lot of respect from the metalheads/vegans, but im sure 90% of Americans would salivate by just staring at your jacket.

As to your questions, yes ofcourse you can attach other patches, put what you want to support on your vest and wear it with pride (Yes some people will give you shit, but hold your head up high and tell them why.) Brands, logos, band patches, movie patches, political patches they are all out there. It is just a matter of finding it or creating your own.

I enjoy having pockets so I've been sewing mine to the inside of the pocket, it does make the actual sewing harder, but its a matter of personal choice in the end I think.

Also, you can probably get any questions answered in the thread Iamntbatman posted, and tons of quality vests posted. I went through the whole thread before starting mine, gave me a good idea of what looks good and what doesn't. As to personal advice, I would suggest taking your time, making sure everything is aligned and well secured. Use a bit thicker needle/thread(as well as a thimble), especially for denim/leather and it will make it easier on your fingers.

ThrashingTheRedemer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:34 am 

sniperofbuffalo wrote:

Well I'll enjoy my jacket and you can enjoy your life metal - everybody wins!

Reply to topic