emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:41 am 

God dammit, got one of these today :grumble:
Sarcófago ‎– I.N.R.I. BOOTLEG
http://www.discogs.com/Sarc%C3%B3fago-INRI/release/3961236

XcKyle93
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:04 am 

I recently acquired "From Ashes" by Abysmal Dawn, but just the CD, i.e. I don't have the album artwork or case. I bought a crap load of CDs from a guy, and thus far the albums I've been checking seem to be legit. I believe it's the original print. It doesn't really have any identifying information on the front besides the album title and band, but the only thing it appears to say on the CD matrix is "#7400 - Abysmal Dawn - From Ashes". No barcode, nothing else, just that.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:11 am 

XcKyle93 wrote:
I recently acquired "From Ashes" by Abysmal Dawn, but just the CD, i.e. I don't have the album artwork or case. I bought a crap load of CDs from a guy, and thus far the albums I've been checking seem to be legit. I believe it's the original print. It doesn't really have any identifying information on the front besides the album title and band, but the only thing it appears to say on the CD matrix is "#7400 - Abysmal Dawn - From Ashes". No barcode, nothing else, just that.

Why would anyone bootleg a 2006 album from Crash that has been reissued by Relapse?! :scratch:

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:30 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:

Bootleg or not that album rocks.

XcKyle93
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:14 pm 

androdion wrote:
XcKyle93 wrote:

Why would anyone bootleg a 2006 album from Crash that has been reissued by Relapse?! :scratch:

So are you expressing surprise that it is actually a bootleg, or are you saying that it's very unlikely? About half of the CD's I bought from this guy came with the original jewelcase and everything, and the rest he said he didn't have the artwork, they were digipaks, or came in sleeves or something. Does anyone else have the original CD to compare?

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:15 pm 

I'm saying it's pretty much improbable, not to say impossible. ;)

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:48 pm 

japc wrote:
dreadmeat wrote:

Bootleg or not that album rocks.

Oh yeah for sure, you can hear the clicks and pops of the needle playing the vinyl it was ripped from :roll:

slayerbootlegs
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:44 pm 

...visit:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mayhem-deathc ... 0596679089?

i will say bootleg.......

chaos_orb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:36 pm 

RIOT - Army of One

Does anyone know of a russian licensed version of this album?

Or does anyone know this seller:
cult_of_the_shadow
(he is also on discogs)

I was about to buy this from ebay, but the Label: Mazzar/Mystic Empire, which is based in Russia drew my attention. It should be Metal Heaven from germany, and i can't find any info about this licensed version. Mazzar and Mystic Empire are listed on Metal-Archives, but this album is not listed.
The seller has almost perfect feedback, but it's very suspicious that he already sold five (!!!) copies of this rather hard to find album (none on discogs or ebay anywhere) in the past weeks.
Here's the ebay link:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/RIOT-Army-of-One ... 257bdf548d

Is this a bootleg? Any help would be appreciated.

Silentis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:16 pm 

Assuming the deadwax/matrix info is real and not just grabbed from Discogs or something, it would be a dead giveaway. You would need to ask the seller for good pictures of the deadwax and compare it to others authentic copies (you'd have to find pictures of that too). It's really the only way to tell for certain.

lsid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:59 am 

One thing I noticed in the photos is that this seller has a yellow biography sheet. On cultmetal.org I can only see photos that suggests there is a blue and green biography insert, and a smaller yellow insert that could be sent to the band to obtain a booklet. The booklet was never released. Also if you look in Neseblod's rarities section you will see photos of a green biography sheet but again no mention of a yellow biography sheet. So unless anyone can confirm that there are original copies with yellow biography sheets, then I would stay well clear.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:57 pm 

Today I got a copy of Paradise Lost's Shades Of God in the mail box, the US/Metal Blade version with CAT# 3984-14001-2. Everything is cool and supposedly matches the online info, but there's something pretty bizarre with two songs on the CD. Both "Daylight Torn" and "The Word Made Flesh" have longer running times than they should, with the first having 80 seconds more and the second 30 seconds more. The CD plays normally and all, it's just that those two tracks have that amount of silence before they end and the next one begins, which is pretty weird indeed.

Can anyone who has the same version confirm this? Could this be an early misprint or anything like that, or was the US version just fucked up? If anyone has the same edition please also put the matrix here so I can double check it as well. Thanks in advance.

Throne_of_Ahaz
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:28 pm 

Isid, please be aware that Neseblod often lie explicitly about their items to sell them for more money...
Due to the fact that there are probably 10 times as many bootlegs as originals of this out there, it makes it a 90%+ chance it is a fake.

Wanted Vinyl:
http://v2.metal-archives.com/board/view ... =6&t=79119

lsid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:21 pm 

Throne_of_Ahaz wrote:
Isid, please be aware that Neseblod often lie explicitly about their items to sell them for more money...
Due to the fact that there are probably 10 times as many bootlegs as originals of this out there, it makes it a 90%+ chance it is a fake.

Agreed mate...the point I was trying to make though is that I have only read that the A4 biography sheets came out in two colours, blue and green. This is stated on cultmetal.org (which of course could also be wrong). I have never read about there being a yellow A4 although I have seen it on ebay a few times. Anyway in my opinion it's too much money to waste in the "hope" that you will get an original. The reserve was not met...they have it listed on discogs for 1500 euros so obviously they are looking for big bucks.

Daemonlord
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:08 am 

dreadmeat wrote:
Oh yeah for sure, you can hear the clicks and pops of the needle playing the vinyl it was ripped from :roll:

This sounds like that shitty bootleg of the Re-animator debut that was doing the rounds a year or so ago, supposedly on Kraze records. The sound was awful, you could actually hear the original vinyl it was ripped off turning as it was clearly warped, not to mention pops and clicks (and even the odd jump!).

https://www.instagram.com/daemonlord_ig/

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:36 am 

androdion wrote:
Today I got a copy of Paradise Lost's Shades Of God in the mail box, the US/Metal Blade version with CAT# 3984-14001-2. Everything is cool and supposedly matches the online info, but there's something pretty bizarre with two songs on the CD. Both "Daylight Torn" and "The Word Made Flesh" have longer running times than they should, with the first having 80 seconds more and the second 30 seconds more. The CD plays normally and all, it's just that those two tracks have that amount of silence before they end and the next one begins, which is pretty weird indeed.

Can anyone who has the same version confirm this? Could this be an early misprint or anything like that, or was the US version just fucked up? If anyone has the same edition please also put the matrix here so I can double check it as well. Thanks in advance.

Another interesting aspect about the actual CD is that it has two "strips" of a different colour on the surface, much like a multimedia track appears differently than the rest of the surface. Those two are more or less placed where the gaps of silence appear while playing the disc. This must be really some fucked up press.

With that in mind, doesn't anybody have the US version of this album?! :???:

LifeDemise
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:21 pm 

japc wrote:
LifeDemise wrote:
So I just got A Blaze In The Northern Sky. Was expecting the black disc version but nope was the white! Just from reading some sites it's not the rarest of cds but seems to go for a silly price and there seems to be a lot of bootlegs around so need someone to tell me if this is legit.

Scanner is not working and I can't really show the back, but matrix is "VILECD 28 MPO 01 @@".

Hmm, maybe you got lucky. Compare to this one: http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=2624225

Cool, thanks

HUMANBEANSv2
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:53 pm 

androdion wrote:
androdion wrote:

Another interesting aspect about the actual CD is that it has two "strips" of a different colour on the surface, much like a multimedia track appears differently than the rest of the surface. Those two are more or less placed where the gaps of silence appear while playing the disc. This must be really some fucked up press.

kind sir,
i have this CD you speak of and all statements made by you are true for my side as well.
good luck

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:31 am 

Well, thanks for that (whoever you are).

wilkinsi
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:13 pm 

I'm assuming this thread refers to music DVD's too. I'm hoping to find a copy of Kreator's Extreme Aggression in Berlin video on DVD. Google and Ebay aren't giving any answers.

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:59 am 

wilkinsi wrote:
I'm assuming this thread refers to music DVD's too. I'm hoping to find a copy of Kreator's Extreme Aggression in Berlin video on DVD. Google and Ebay aren't giving any answers.

Discogs report Kreator "Extreme Aggression Tour 1989/'90" only in VHS format.

http://www.discogs.com/Kreator-Extreme- ... se/2498701

But you'll find this live concert in the DVD "At The Pulse Of Kapitulation - Live In East Berlin 1990", easily available.

http://www.discogs.com/Kreator-At-The-P ... ter/459765

"You make it easy."

DarkNorth
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:33 am 

Hi everyone, i have a question that maybe already was discussion subject.
Those last days i got some CDs from this RELAPSE records, Argentina, does anyone know if the RELAPSE records have legally permission to re-print CDs? And since it exist alot of CDs from them, should to be considerate as re-release in this website so we can/have to add in the Additional Notes of each CD? For example, album titled Antithesis from Origin (US) is originally from 2008, but the RELAPSE records released it in 2011.
Zodijackyl kindly answerd me that the Relapse is legal and good and so on, but i don't see some of their re-release in the list of the artist's released works.. neither in the additional infos of a specific re-released CD.

Let me know thanks! Bye

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:38 am 

US and European labels usually give legal permission for Russian and South American releases, and those normally come out later than the original release date. They're usually done by other (local) labels and have reference to the original label, either by a logo or a "licensed by ..." on the back cover and/or booklet. They're legit plain and simple. MA doesn't have all the releases of every album, for that you can visit RYM or Discogs. It just isn't MA's "thing" if you catch my drift.

japc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:51 am 

DarkNorth wrote:
Hi everyone, i have a question that maybe already was discussion subject.
Those last days i got some CDs from this RELAPSE records, Argentina, does anyone know if the RELAPSE records have legally permission to re-print CDs? And since it exist alot of CDs from them, should to be considerate as re-release in this website so we can/have to add in the Additional Notes of each CD? For example, album titled Antithesis from Origin (US) is originally from 2008, but the RELAPSE records released it in 2011.

Relapse has some of their stuff reissued on South America, either by Icarus Music or Disembodied Records or any other label. It's usually sold cheaper for the South American market but the quality is the same and it's perfectly legal/licensed stuff (may be a grey area if they should be sold outside that geographical area as happens to eastern Europe releases, for instance). That Origin album, for instance, can be seen here:

http://www.discogs.com/Origin-Antithesi ... se/4012239

Usually discogs is the best source for that kind of information (it tries to keep all the issues for all the albums, but being a user contributed database it may not be always up to date).

drobowik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:50 pm 

Hi!

I don't think, it is hard to find.
Found 4 sellers on ebay, who sell Riot - Army Of One

Mystic Empire/Mazzar made that in 2007, here is link http://www.mazzar.ru/2007/12/riot_army-of-one_-_2006-2007.html

I believe, greek seller just made trade with some russian label and now he has much Riot to sell ;)

chaos_orb wrote:
RIOT - Army of One

Does anyone know of a russian licensed version of this album?

Or does anyone know this seller:
cult_of_the_shadow
(he is also on discogs)

I was about to buy this from ebay, but the Label: Mazzar/Mystic Empire, which is based in Russia drew my attention. It should be Metal Heaven from germany, and i can't find any info about this licensed version. Mazzar and Mystic Empire are listed on Metal-Archives, but this album is not listed.
The seller has almost perfect feedback, but it's very suspicious that he already sold five (!!!) copies of this rather hard to find album (none on discogs or ebay anywhere) in the past weeks.
Here's the ebay link:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/RIOT-Army-of-One ... 257bdf548d

Is this a bootleg? Any help would be appreciated.

chaos_orb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:21 pm 

drobowik wrote:
Hi!

I don't think, it is hard to find.
Found 4 sellers on ebay, who sell Riot - Army Of One

Mystic Empire/Mazzar made that in 2007, here is link http://www.mazzar.ru/2007/12/riot_army-of-one_-_2006-2007.html

I believe, greek seller just made trade with some russian label and now he has much Riot to sell ;)

Cool, thank you for your answer! :)

wilkinsi
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:59 pm 

The Lions Den wrote:
But you'll find this live concert in the DVD "At The Pulse Of Kapitulation - Live In East Berlin 1990", easily available.

http://www.discogs.com/Kreator-At-The-P ... ter/459765

Thanks, got it.

Now for a bigger challenge - trying to get hold of the Nocturnus 2 track EP. I believe it was remastered at some point too. I got to hear it on youtube, that's it. Hell, I'd settle for mp3's.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:19 am 

Kreator ‎– Extreme Aggression CD on Futurist/Noise 1989/1993
Misspelled Extreme Aggressions on the rear cover and Extreme Agression on the disc, spelled correctly on the spines and in the booklet [which is a single leaf by the way]

Barcode: 090861103927
Catalogue Number: 9086-11039-2
Matrix: 120231-C2-3268-1 DISCTRONICS USA **9086110392**
Mould Stamp: B
No mould or mastering sid codes

Not on Discogs, yet.

edit: it's on Discogs now, including scans, at some point I may even play the CD :roll:
http://www.discogs.com/Kreator-Extreme-Aggression/release/4431996

wilkinsi
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:32 pm 

I got the DVD but now am just looking for that Nocturnus EP (preferably the remastered version).

thisistheperfectname
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:56 am 

androdion wrote:
US and European labels usually give legal permission for Russian and South American releases, and those normally come out later than the original release date.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does this include the Russian copy of Spectrum of Death going around? The top left corner of the back insert mentions a "Red Light Entertainment Group," but I can't find any information on that.

Also the matrix is the same as the offical Grind Core release except it doesn't say "MADE IN AMERICA."

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:03 am 

Red Light are fairly well known
http://www.discogs.com/label/Red+Light+Records+%28US%29
I'd say if the matrix is identical it's possibly just a bootleg, the Russian stuff usually has at least a unique matrix etc
Someone else was asking about this somewhere around here recently too

Keen to upload some scans or photos? decent ones, not a big blurry speed metal mess :headbang:

Edit: also it appears the original issue isn't on Grind Core, it's on Avanzada Metalica

thisistheperfectname
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:10 am 

Sorry I don't have access to a scanner right now-this is the best I can do at the moment.

The top left of the back insert, complete with copyright warning:

http://i.imgur.com/6WaLrY6.jpg

The matrix. The Grind Core issue looks like this, but on the opposite side of the "89803 01!" it says MADE IN USA or something to that effect:

http://i.imgur.com/ZSjg8PS.jpg

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:23 am 

Sorry mate, I edited my last post and added some stuff.
If you have the time and inclination please add this CD of yours to Discogs, it doesn't exist there yet.
Be sure to label it "Unofficial" too :roll:

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:47 am 

thisistheperfectname wrote:
androdion wrote:
US and European labels usually give legal permission for Russian and South American releases, and those normally come out later than the original release date.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does this include the Russian copy of Spectrum of Death going around? The top left corner of the back insert mentions a "Red Light Entertainment Group," but I can't find any information on that.

Also the matrix is the same as the offical Grind Core release except it doesn't say "MADE IN AMERICA."

Erh... this is true for licensed copies of usually big international labels. Think Relapse/NB/CM and the likes of that. A Russion copy of a twenty year old rarity is always a bootleg.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:34 pm 

Plus it's been legitimately reissued recently too on CD and LP

DarkNorth
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:27 pm 

Ok thankyou all for the answers about Relapse Records!

metalbrain
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:04 pm 

androdion wrote:
androdion wrote:

I got the US version when it came out in 92 and mine doesn't have any of these problems...not sure if Metal Blade did more than one edition.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:25 am 

Thanks for answering back on that one metalbrain. Can you PM me the matrix on your copy please? Or just post it here.

metalbrain
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:56 pm 

Sure...

3984-14001-2 (V) . MASTERED BY NIMBUS

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:44 am 

In some of my cd like Obituary 'The End Complete' i find an inscription on the back of the disk:

DIDX

how mean?

THX

"You make it easy."

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 65  Next