Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TheDefiniteArticle
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:53 am 

Okay, cheers guys. Not particularly happy with the CD but at least I haven't been had.

pastafarian
Liberalestest Hitler Jugend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:51 pm 

OK so i got my copy of ingesting putridity by Visceral Disgorge today. And wtf is this shit?
i bought this from amazon directly. bootleg?

front looks fine

the hell?

booklet is blank
cd looks like shit

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:25 pm 

Printed on demand stuff sucks, there's some discussion further back in this thread about it.

wellor
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:58 am 

King Diamond - Abigail RRD 9622 (AAD)
Made in USA by Disctronics Inc.

Booklet = RR 349622 (DDD) Is it european made booklet + US made disc?

The back cover looks like this:

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=2454000

But without "CRC" tag. Also the printing on disc seems little bit "worn", could it be bootleg?

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:44 am 

Hi guys

please help me to know if exist a south american (Icarus or Scarecrow) Relapse licensed of this cd:

EXHUMED "ALL GUTS NO GLORY"

according to Discogs there isn't, but I find it in Icarus mailorder and I don't know if is on Icarus label.

Thank you so much.

"You make it easy."

Grief_Of_Adoration
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:40 am 

The Lions Den wrote:
Hi guys

please help me to know if exist a south american (Icarus or Scarecrow) Relapse licensed of this cd:

EXHUMED "ALL GUTS NO GLORY"

according to Discogs there isn't, but I find it in Icarus mailorder and I don't know if is on Icarus label.

Thank you so much.

Discogs is a good source for checking details and informations and versions but its incomplete in some cases. Its better for You to ask Icarus label directly.

drobowik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:56 pm 

As far as I heard, that kind of mixing was quite common for early Roadrunner/Roadracer releases.

About bootleg or not, impossible to tell without seeing it.

wellor wrote:
King Diamond - Abigail RRD 9622 (AAD)
Made in USA by Disctronics Inc.

Booklet = RR 349622 (DDD) Is it european made booklet + US made disc?

The back cover looks like this:

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=2454000

But without "CRC" tag. Also the printing on disc seems little bit "worn", could it be bootleg?

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:30 am 

Grief_Of_Adoration wrote:
Discogs is a good source for checking details and informations and versions but its incomplete in some cases. Its better for You to ask Icarus label directly.

Thanks Grief, the problem is when purchasing on Amazon.it or Amazon dealers, can come to your home a south american edition spite you're buying from Europe :grumble:

"You make it easy."

TheDefiniteArticle
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:45 pm 

Hi,

Does anyone know anything about stormdisc.com? It's printed on the matrix area of a copy of Malveillance - Just Fuck Off CD I just received, and the site itself is 'under construction' and offers no suggestion about what they do. Alternatively, anyone else who's got a copy, could you confirm that it should be there?

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:00 pm 

I checked out the forums at Discogs and there is no mention of it, you could start a thread in adding and updating so there is a record of it
But check this out:
http://web.archive.org/web/20100402034919/http://www.thestormgroup.com/Musician_Services/Home.html

The two entries using this label page I have asked for matrix info to be added, that user/submitter is fairly active.
http://www.discogs.com/label/Storm+Musician+Services
There may be other labels pages around too...

You guys need to add photos of your CDs for people to see without having to ask questions etc, make it easy for people to help you :nods:

TheDefiniteArticle
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:02 pm 

dreadmeat wrote:
You guys need to add photos of your CDs for people to see without having to ask questions etc, make it easy for people to help you :nods:

I would but my only camera is an iPod touch and you really can't see matrices on it.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:19 pm 

I meant anyone not specifically you

I know for a fact that some people come in here and don't bother posting or checking their copies because it's a pain in the arse [without photos] :roll:

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:20 pm 

pastafarian wrote:
OK so i got my copy of ingesting putridity by Visceral Disgorge today. And wtf is this shit?

Hey, did you try to return this? Somehow I missed that the Absu Third Storm of Cythraul I ordered was one of these inane CD-R deals (I have my doubts that I missed it, actually, and I notice that the Absu discs are no longer listed as available, which seems a little odd for CD-R made to order, but I digress), and upon receiving it a few minutes ago, immediately went online to return it. There was an auto-generated message that said I don't even have to send it back and will get a refund in the standard 3-5 business days. Considering you've already opened yours, I'd give it a shot.

edit: actually I just PM'd as well. Hope he can do this before the return window closes.

Grief_Of_Adoration
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:33 pm 

DeathfareDevil wrote:
pastafarian wrote:

Hey, did you try to return this? Somehow I missed that the Absu Third Storm of Cythraul I ordered was one of these inane CD-R deals (I have my doubts that I missed it, actually, and I notice that the Absu discs are no longer listed as available, which seems a little odd for CD-R made to order, but I digress), and upon receiving it a few minutes ago, immediately went online to return it. There was an auto-generated message that said I don't even have to send it back and will get a refund in the standard 3-5 business days. Considering you've already opened yours, I'd give it a shot.

I must say Amazon isnt a good place for buying metal stuff since most of sellers cant provide details and information about what you need to know.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:57 pm 

If you're looking for original presses or special editions or what not, then no, obviously Amazon wouldn't be a good idea. I've bought a ton of metal from them and never had an issue til now. Their prices fluctuate so much that you can catch good deals. The s/t Absu CD, for instance, was something like 7.67 when I ordered what I thought was a reissue of Third Storm (of course now it's shot up to almost $18, which is insane). The latest reissue of Sepultura's Morbid Visions/Bestial Devastation was $3 (now it's back up to $7.99 along with most of the others). With the order I received today, I also got the Blood Storm/Abazagorath split for $3. A lot of metal new releases are $9.99. For current mass marketed releases, Amazon has its merits.

However I can't vouch for the whole third party seller thing, as I almost never go that route. In fact I think that Blood Storm/Abazagorath was the first time. I'm not so much into the collecting/first press thing, though I obviously like reading about it, hence my presence in this thread to begin with.

edit: I've learned to trust this site's database, though, ha. When I ordered the Absu, I of course checked here for info on this mysterious 2013 Osmose reissue, and, finding nothing, ordered anyway.

SadisticGratification
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:01 am 

To my surprise today I received an Icarus Argentina licensed Atheist - Piece of Time CD. The CD case and booklet are pretty top notch, good paper quality and the case is a standard jewel case. The CD itself isn't a CDR and I checked the version on Discogs to make sure it's legit and it is. I'm just a little peeved I didn't get the European edition but oh well, the one major gripe is the quality of the printing on the CD itself is poor enough when compared to other CD's plays fine and stuff and I'm happy it's at least legitimate but it is a lesson that I should be more wary about buying online. Also out of curiousity is it even legal to sell Icarus licensed stuff in Europe?

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:56 am 

SadisticGratification wrote:
Also out of curiousity is it even legal to sell Icarus licensed stuff in Europe?

I don't know how it works for South American editions but Russian's have a printing saying "only to be sold within x places", something like that. So the Russian ones I know they shouldn't be sold outside because of the print on the actual insert, the rest that don't have it can be treated like an import I guess. You can buy Japanese editions worldwide can't you? That's also why I guess no one actually gives a crap about it, it's all very global nowadays.

SadisticGratification
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:19 pm 

The only reason I'm keeping it is because I got them fairly cheap, but it's definitely a lesson learned. Ask what version the seller is selling and check it out on discogs.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:15 pm 

There are plenty of legitimate Argentinian made CD/records out there.

You can, and should, report sellers for selling the wrong version on Discogs.
That pisses me right off when they do that :nono:

rooster85
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:34 am 

i've noticed that a few of my cd's don't have UPC code. Instead there is a number and "mfd. for BMG Direct Marketing INC. under license". What it means?

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:17 am 

rooster85 wrote:
i've noticed that a few of my cd's don't have UPC code. Instead there is a number and "mfd. for BMG Direct Marketing INC. under license". What it means?

I'd assume it's a licensed release to a certain country and that they slap the proper UPC code over the shrink wrap.

The Lions Den
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:39 am 

As for the argentinian Icarus licensed I had a couple of bad experiences.
A Death 'Leprosy' cd ordered directly from Amazon.it and a Grave Digger 'The Clans Are Still Marching' cd+dvd ordered by a third party vendor.

In the description page did not specify that was Icarus licensed, and I unfortunately received these.

The problem (especially with the Death cd) was in the printing of the colors that differ much from the original, as the cover of a bright pink while the original was more tenuous. Also the band pics inside came out as it had been scanned before printing.

Results? I did refund from Amazon for both the cds because if I purchase Century Media Records or Napalm I pretend to receive the original cd and not a licensed one. And I do not care if you sell them at a bargain price.

In any case, the Icarus licensed label I know who are laid off are:

Century Media
Napalm Records
Peaceville
Roadrunner
Earache

For me, lesson learned.

"You make it easy."

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:59 pm 

rooster85 wrote:

BMG is a music club, one of those "get 10 CDs for a penny!" deals that enroll you into a subscription service, whereby after that first deal of 10 CDs for a penny, you will be automatically charged for (and receive) a CD of the club's choice for a period of like 2 years unless you affirmatively tell them not to (every month -- and over that 2 year period, you are obligated to buy a certain number of full price discs). And those monthly CDs are always billed for like 16.99 plus tax and shipping or something outrageous like that. I honestly don't even know if those clubs exist anymore. I certainly have a few CDs with that BMG "UPC" though (as well as Columbia House, the other one).

Here's more than you probably ever wanted to know:
http://www.epinions.com/content_58014469764?sb=1

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:02 pm 

DeathfareDevil wrote:
rooster85 wrote:

BMG is a music club, one of those "get 10 CDs for a penny!" deals that enroll you into a subscription service, whereby after that first deal of 10 CDs for a penny, you will be automatically charged for (and receive) a CD of the club's choice for a period of like 2 years unless you affirmatively tell them not to (every month -- and over that 2 year period, you are obligated to buy a certain number of full price discs). And those monthly CDs are always billed for like 16.99 plus tax and shipping or something outrageous like that. I honestly don't even know if those clubs exist anymore. I certainly have a few CDs with that BMG "UPC" though (as well as Columbia House, the other one).

A CD version of Reader's Digest?! :lol:

rooster85
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:26 am 

DeathfareDevil wrote:
rooster85 wrote:

ok, thanks for clearing that up :)

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:32 am 

It's pretty annoying when someone over at Discogs just hijacks a release with their BMG music club info without asking first.
I have a couple here [one I can think of is FNM Angel Dust] which have no barcodes.

HeavyGabry
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:15 am 

The Lions Den wrote:
As for the argentinian Icarus licensed I had a couple of bad experiences.

In my experience, almost no problems with licensed reissues.
I was angry only because WOW HD didn't specify that Origin, Nile, Atheist and Dark Angel cds were Icarus editions.
But only "Piece Of Time" has a problem with the last bonus track: lots of cracks during the last minute, otherwise they're fine.
But I prefer taking South American or Russian licensed presses only if the original ones are too rare to find (many - totally legal -cds I was able to find for few money from Russia were long out of print all around the world)

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:07 pm 

Spoiler: show
dreadmeat wrote:
nice one, owned :thumbsup:
I sold a CD to a bloke in Ecuador yesterday, I’m just trying to confirm his address, I don't speak Spanish...

further to my Ukrainian Majesty And Decay thread
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=85240
Image Image

Immolation ‎– Majesty And Decay [EU/German version] which apparently is made in Thailand
matrix: DIP LBR 16 DIP 00056100008 8858305013766 CD IMMOLATION-MAJESTY AND DECAY TDM [logo]
mastering sid code: IFPI LZ39
mould sid code: ifpi UP88

matrix

disc

side-by-side

does anyone else have these versions of this album?
I had a few comments in the other thread but hopefully this thread gets a bit more traffic

Immolation ‎– Majesty And Decay

Matrix / Runout: DIDX-246372 1
Mastering SID Code: IFPI L327
I see no mould sid code

The top one is my copy, can you guys compare yours?
It's supposedly the US version...

HeavyGabry
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:32 am 

Anyone can help me with an edition of "Brutal Destruction" by Cyclone?
I've got this reissue (http://www.discogs.com/Cyclone-Brutal-Destruction/release/3343829) and it looks really ugly, but that's not important.
Discogs says there's a bootleg too and my version looks different from this one (http://www.ebay.it/itm/CYCLONE-brutal-destruction-CD-1998-Axe-killer-ltd-numbered-0544-/190776985205?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item2c6b31c675) because of:

- darker CD
- print error both in artwork (grey vertical line in the edge of the right part of the cover) and in title (Brutal DestrucRion)

Could you please tell me what you think about it?

EDIT: no help needed, it's a bootleg. :(

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:46 pm 

That sucks, I know the feeling mate, perhaps get some scans of your copy and add it to Discogs.

urgraveisnear
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:35 am 

I need help identifying an album i saw at Metal Haven (Chicago)
It was a vinyl with the artwork depicting a sledgehammer in the twat.
Any at all help would be appreciated !

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:13 pm 

Not what this thread is for... :nono:

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:48 pm 

urgraveisnear wrote:
It was a vinyl with the artwork depicting a sledgehammer in the twat.
Ha ha ha! :grin:

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:14 pm 

I love that he registered just to ask that. Now that's urgency.

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:50 pm 

[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Obscenity-Suffocated-Truth-CD-CULT-DEATH-THRASH-METAL-Best-Offer-Accepted-/290858646815
[/url]

Just found out That Obscenity - Suffocated Truth has been bootlegged.

So please be warned. And dont buy this shitty Russian fake crap.

Last edited by Marmer on Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:41 pm 

PROTIP: for Ebay auctions you can use http://www.ebay.com/itm/ and then the auction number 290858646815
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290858646815

:thumbsup:

Hayisforhorses
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:17 am 

Marmer wrote:
[url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Obscenity-Suffocated-Truth-CD-CULT-DEATH-THRASH-METAL-Best-Offer-Accepted-/290858646815
[/url]

Just found out That Obscenity - Suffocated Truth has been bootlegged.

So please be warned. And dont sell this shitty Russian fake crap.

Probably related to these pricks: http://azintex-music.com/index.php?productID=5919
They also sell/sold via Amazon, Discogs and CDandLP avoid!!!

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:37 pm 

They cheekily call it a reissue too
At least if you buy it on Ebay and pay with Paypal you'd get your money back and you could add it to Discogs etc while you have it :nods:
Including full scans of everything including the matrix

Marmer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:44 pm 

Ive informed the band about this shit. Since we are Busy on an official re issue.

THE Guys totally felt like buttfucked beyond.

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:35 pm 

Marmer wrote:
THE Guys totally felt like buttfucked beyond.
I know you're serious but I just laughed aloud at that! :lol: :grin:
Scumbag bootlegging counterfeiters need Death...The Brutal Way

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 65  Next