Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
androdion
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:23 pm 

thesilentenigma wrote:
Anyone know the differences between the Russian Toxik releases and the original Roadrunners?

I'd have to check with a friend of mine because he has copies of the boots, but I do remember the contrast being through the roof on them. Like really saturated colours, and I think there was some tiny diferences in the layout for the inserts. When it comes to matrices and that stuff I can't say without picking them up to see it.

DEEK
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:54 pm 

Shardnax wrote:
I can't speak as to why one country or region might be more prone to it than others.

Probably specific copyright laws in said country/region. Some places are likely insanely lax on them.

thesilentenigma
Puddlemonkey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 am 

androdion wrote:
thesilentenigma wrote:
Anyone know the differences between the Russian Toxik releases and the original Roadrunners?

I'd have to check with a friend of mine because he has copies of the boots, but I do remember the contrast being through the roof on them. Like really saturated colours, and I think there was some tiny diferences in the layout for the inserts. When it comes to matrices and that stuff I can't say without picking them up to see it.

Thanks for the response. I've been eager to pick these up for the first time in years but since I don't know the exact details of the boots I've been staying away until I find out more.

Trade List of 4,700+ CDs

Ghustavo
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:23 am 

Yeah I really got confused I meant Violent Restitution.. damnit!

thesilentenigma
Puddlemonkey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:32 pm 

thesilentenigma wrote:
I've gotten in the habit of requesting photos when buying anything over $50 on Discogs. It's disturbing to see so many people selling bootlegs as originals. It's more disturbing when it's pointed out to them that it's a bootleg and proven with photos and those people still keep their bootleg listed as original and at a high asking price.

Most people I've been able to get to remove their bootlegs listed as originals while advertising them as originals. I have one stubborn scammer left who just doesn't get it. I call him a scammer as its clearly been shown he's selling a bootleg and he just doesn't seem to give a fvck. He plays in a band called Demiurgon from Italy, his name is Riccardo Valenti. His discogs name is valentz. Here's photos of his bootleg he's selling as an original:

It's this Russian bootleg release from 2015:
https://www.discogs.com/Monstrosity-Imp ... se/6620325

And here's what an original from 1992 (Germany) looks like:

Trade List of 4,700+ CDs

thesilentenigma
Puddlemonkey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:19 am 

Rundown on a couple bootlegs that may (or may not) help people.

Agony "The First Defiance". In the first pic the original is on top and Russian bootleg on bottom. Currently there aren't any detailed photos of the bootleg on Discogs but the two are easy to tell apart. First, the original has the engraving on the clear inner ring and a silver outer ring around the disc. Two, the Russian bootleg didn't get the color correct on the inlay/booklet, as you can see it's almost black in comparison. Third, Russia has a tough time with small details on the disc silk screening process, the text referring to production, year, etc has been enlarged on the Russian version while the original has a smaller font.

Next up is Monstrosity's debut "Imperial Doom". Russians bootlegged the German press so that is the one we'll focus on. Top one in the first pic is the original and bottom disc is the bootleg. The original has a flat black on the disc itself while the Russian has a glossy look to the black. Also, the inner ring on the original German pressing is silver and the Russian knockoff is black (white on bottom). In the last pic you'll notice Russia once again has a difficult time hitting their colors. In the photo you'll noticed the Russian version (left) has a darker green and red in the artwork. they also missed on the blue.

Trade List of 4,700+ CDs

thesilentenigma
Puddlemonkey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:04 pm 

Another one, top is original, lots of differences.

Trade List of 4,700+ CDs

cvac
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:31 am 

My favorites are the shitbag sellers on eBay that describe things as "recent European reissue" when they know they are selling fakes from Russia or whatever. eBay could shut down these clowns if they wanted to but they ignore reports from users because they only care about collecting fees, not keeping the marketplace free from fake crap.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:27 pm 

Ok, I just got a used copy of Running Wild's Port Royal.

The information on the disc and booklet contradict the information on the tray card.

It looks like I have this version listed on discogs: https://www.discogs.com/Running-Wild-Port-Royal/release/3958711 (Is this the first US press?)

The info on the disc and booklet match this listing on discogs. C & P 1988. WK45179.

However, the tray card contradicts both of these attributes: C & P 1987. WK45185. Barcode: 036124518527.

I can't find a listing on discogs that matches my tray card.

For the discogs listing that matches the disc and booklet, the matrix is: WK45179 01! (the exclamation point is not my punctuation; it is a part of the matrix number on my CD). It also says near the matrix number, "MADE IN USA BY PDO". The discogs listing does not mention the matrix number.

For the listing on discogs that matches my disc and booklet, on discogs, it says the barcode should be 036124517926. On the tray card on my version, the barcode is slightly different: 036124518527 (7926 became 8527).

So does anyone know what version(s) this/these is/are?

Used CDs for sale

thesilentenigma
Puddlemonkey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:12 pm 

You have a pic of that tray and matrix?

Trade List of 4,700+ CDs

DoomMetalAlchemist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:42 am 

thesilentenigma wrote:
You have a pic of that tray and matrix?

Here you go:

https://imgur.com/a/yhdQp

Scroll down for the tray card.

Used CDs for sale

thesilentenigma
Puddlemonkey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:26 am 

Strange. The disc itself should put it somewhere between 1988 and 1992, which doesn't exactly solve your mystery.

Trade List of 4,700+ CDs

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60