Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:49 am 

So Metal Archives lists a new album released in August (no specific date) and a new compilation released on september 5th, yet neither of them even has track lengths, and no further information on them. Does anybody know what's up with that? Did someone just make that stuff up, or did the band really release two records that nobody seems to have bought so far? I find the latter a bit hard to believe, but hey, in today's world anything is possible, so I thought I'd ask.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:14 am 

I know about that compilation, but a second full lenght? That's new to me.

From the compilations additional notes: Messengers of Desolate Ways contains all tracks of the EPs Armed with Hammers, The Sun is Dead and Doctrines of Dark Devotion (a brand new MLP to be released on vinyl through Imperium Productions) as well as three previously unreleased songs.

Could all be a fake, but that would be really weird.... though I do think that a Sonne Adam compilation would be pointless at this point and time.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:35 am 

The additional notes say "to be released", but the release date for the MLP is set for August, I guess the latter is simply a mistake by the person who added it. Odd that they'd make a compilation with stuff they would release seperately on MLP though. I guess they're doing it for the people who don't own (or care to use) a vinyl player, still a bit of a weird choice.

Byrial1991
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:36 am 

That the Doctrines of Dark Devotions release is listed as a full length must be a mistake. It's an EP. And as far as I know their selling the ep and the compilation on their tour with Grave only at the moment. After the tour is done they should also be available through other shops.

edit: just recognized that the last show of the tour was yesterday, so maybe they'll be available in the next few days.

Last edited by Byrial1991 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:39 am 

Thanks for the info, I edited it to be listed as an EP.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:13 am 

Why is a compilation far fetched when they're making three vinyl only EPs available in CD format? Is that really so weird?!

altered_state
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:28 pm 

Added the track times earler, just added the lyrics. I'm too lazy to add the lineup, recording info etc. For what it's worth Doctines of Dark Devotion is over 30 mins long on its own and is listed as an "MLP" on the sticker attached to the jewelcase. Fuck knows what that means.

As an aside, I saw them support Grave and they were fantastic despite the Underworld in London having even more sound problems than usual. Their dry sound really translates well to a live setting.

Byrial1991
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:21 pm 

Sonne Adam posted this video earlier today on their facebook site
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uGYl8K6VJk
it's the first song from Doctrines of Dark Devotion. In the video it's also stated that the compilation will be officially released on october 22nd.
I've also seen the Doctrines of Dark Devotions MLP for sale at some online distros in different versions (Gold- , Clear-, White Vinyl).

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:00 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
I know about that compilation, but a second full length? That's new to me.

From the compilations additional notes: Messengers of Desolate Ways contains all tracks of the EPs Armed with Hammers, The Sun is Dead and Doctrines of Dark Devotion (a brand new MLP to be released on vinyl through Imperium Productions) as well as three previously unreleased songs.

Could all be a fake, but that would be really weird.... though I do think that a Sonne Adam compilation would be pointless at this point and time.

I don't think it would be pointless at all. Don't really like vinyl and armed with Hammers I couldn't find a copy of anyway.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:47 am 

Great new song, even doomier than before. Can't wait!

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:10 am 

Looking forward to hearing this, and eagerly await my clear vinyl copy to arrive.

My collection

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:16 am 

I'm waiting for the CD version. What's another month in the grand scheme of things? By then the Grand Supreme Blood Court album will be out, too, and the Gorement compilation is out as of today, so I can order all three CDs from Century Media. :)

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:51 am 

While the CD version - the compilation - is still a few days away, the new EP itself has become available to us pirates today. Has anyone here heard it yet? I have listened to it a few minutes ago, it's pretty cool, but quite different too, I think it'll take a few listens to properly digest.

This is what I posted in another thread:

droneriot wrote:
First impressions:

Downsides: Pretty necro production, no instantly headbangable killer riffs like on Transformation.
Upsides: More focus on doom and atmosphere.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:24 am 

Still waiting for the vinyl to arrive, but your description has me salivating in anticipation. I would personally like to see a similar production to the awesome Armed With Hammers ep, as it has a wonderfully, dirty, crushing sound - couple that with enhanced focus on atmosphere, and impending doom, and I will be be in some serious rapture.

My collection

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:35 am 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
I would personally like to see a similar production to the awesome Armed With Hammers ep, as it has a wonderfully, dirty, crushing sound

It's a good deal rawer. Think more along the lines of Encoffination. Whether that's a good thing or not to you, I don't know. Like I said, gonna take more than one listen for me.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:12 am 

Encoffination is rather meh to me and the reason I liked Sonne Adam in the first place was the balance between atmosphere and quality riffs. If they're going for that whole muddy sound like the newer death/doom and black/death bands are doing (Antediluvian also comes to mind) then I think I'll pass.

primitivevoid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:18 am 

the new mlp is mor eon the raw and atmospheric side of the death doom spectrum, that said i enjoyed it and will need to give it some more listens before i cana properly compare it to there previous full length.

droneriot
cisgender

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:35 pm 

Listened to it for a few more times. Definitely more riff-driven than Encoffination, but very different from Transformation. Dunno if fans of their "old" stuff will like this one. Also, I don't know if this is a new direction the band will follow from now on, or if it is a one-off thing. I'm curious to hear a new album, but that's probably at least a year away.

Reply to topic