Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:52 am 

Mardraum is great, especially the epic 10 mins opener! Monumension is also underrated, very good album. I like Blodhemn a lot (hell, it's my backpatch) but I have some trouble getting into Frost, it's a good album, I don't know why, it's more safe...

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

XSpidercideX
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:36 pm 

LlamaTrainer wrote:
It's saddens me that people always seem to forget about Mardraum, which is easily my favourite Enslaved album. I also never really understood the unconditional love for Vikingligr Veldi because beyond the awesome first track, I've always found that VV is flat-out boring. I do understand that VV and its follow-up, Frost, are completely different albums, but I've always felt that Frost was a big step up from the debut in terms of songwriting.

Edit: I still haven't listened to Axioma, I am a terrible person :(

You should get right on that. Easily my favorite Enslaved album.

MazeofTorment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:43 am 

ELUCIDATED, BURNED, AFRAIDDDDD

AtomicBeats
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:45 am 

Another tree-themed album art. Much better than Gojira's though.

Mimogrede
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:47 pm 

I've found the album really enjoyable and in my opinion it's on par with Axioma Ethica Odini. I like the progressive stuff, the clean vocals fit in well, the harsh vocals are a bit meh, but not a too big turn off.

Also has anyonne else found the line "I will the flames" in the song veilburner a bit odd? I mean, yeah, artistic freedom and stuff, but what is that line supposed to mean. I will (insert verb here) the flames. It's just funny :D

intothesarlaccpit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:50 pm 

I think in that sentence 'will' is the verb.

To add to the discussion, I haven't listened to Riitiir and don't intend to for now. I have a lot of catching up to do with the rest of their discography.

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:38 pm 

Mimogrede wrote:
Also has anyonne else found the line "I will the flames" in the song veilburner a bit odd? I mean, yeah, artistic freedom and stuff, but what is that line supposed to mean. I will (insert verb here) the flames. It's just funny :D

Either of these work there:
Will (verb): to decide, bring about, or attempt to effect or bring about by an act of the will: He can walk if he wills it.
Will (verb): to influence by exerting will power: She was willed to walk the tightrope by the hypnotist.

Kirvis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:46 pm 

From first listening RIITIIR hook up and don't let away. Really versatile work with good guitar parts, nice clean vocals and amazing atmosphere. Favourite songs would be Death in the Eyes of Dawn and Roots of the Mountain.

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:20 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Mardraum is great, especially the epic 10 mins opener! Monumension is also underrated, very good album. I like Blodhemn a lot (hell, it's my backpatch) but I have some trouble getting into Frost, it's a good album, I don't know why, it's more safe...

Maurdraum is so great, and also so fucking brutal. I'd say, it's probably their heaviest album, lot's of death metal in there. Lot's of cool black thrash parts, also! It's just great over all. I haven't given RIITIIR a listen yet, but it's next on my list. I trust it will be good.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5