Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:01 am 

Hello everyone, I was wondering what experiences you've had with ordering from Mick Kenny's (of Anaal Nathrakh) label? I have ordered from them twice; the first time was just a shirt, and it arrived after a week or so. The next time I ordered was probably two months ago. I ordered three LP's, and for a while I didn't hear anything from them. After a few weeks after, I wrote them, asking if my order had been sent, and they then replied that it had. I never received anything even though I already paid for the stuff and I've wrote them several times since but I got no response.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with them? I'm kind of torn as to what I should do about this, since they never seem to reply to my mails.
Lesson #0 in life: don't be a fucking retard.

childrenofthenight wrote:
Would you say you were touched by Satan's Almighty Penis?

Last.fm

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:45 am 

Seriously, doesn't anyone have any experiences with this label and its webstore?

Last.fm

6Xul66
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:09 am 

I bought some Anaal Nathrakh merch from there before, tshirt and The Codex Necro CD and I had no problems with them. Can't remember how long it took (though I do live in the UK so it was probably quick).

Mick's on tour at the moment with Anaal Nathrakh round the UK, so that might have slowed things down. I don't really know who deal with Feto's merch to be fair though.

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:15 am 

If they're touring atm, that could maybe explain why they haven't been answering my mails.. I guess I'll just have to wait then.

Last.fm

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:42 pm 

I've used them three or four times, always been smooth, although the delivery times between orders does seem to fluctuate from order to order.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:23 pm 

I've only ever bought a shirt from them. Took a while to get here (granted, we're an ocean apart) but it did indeed get to me.

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:23 am 

I really hope it's the touring that's causing the delay since I paid quite a bit for the stuff.. it just seems wierd that it hasn't arrived when he told me it had been sent a long time ago.

Last.fm

EasterIslandHead
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:14 pm 

Z0MBIE wrote:
I really hope it's the touring that's causing the delay since I paid quite a bit for the stuff.. it just seems wierd that it hasn't arrived when he told me it had been sent a long time ago.

so what's up dude, what happened? i'm also having trouble with these guys at the moment, same as your problem

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:14 am 

As I wrote you in a PM, I never got my stuff and they never answered to my mails or did anything about it.

Last.fm

EasterIslandHead
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:28 am 

god damn it, this guys should be labeled as a rip-off distro. i'll let you all know if they rip me off too

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:33 am 

Thanks man!

Last.fm

EasterIslandHead
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:28 pm 

finally mick keeney of feto records and anaal nathrakh responded, i sent him another message about my order, this is what it said:

''ok, if my shipment is not done by this friday, i will start legal action, starting from paypal. thankfully my family owns a tv station, i will make sure you guys get known as a rip-off, i know some peopled who you've ripped, they complained about you and your record label. this is not a way to treat your fans.''

hopefully this will help you guys in the future if you ever need to order from them. it's sad to know that a member of one of your fave bands is like this...=[

Oblivion_Gene
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:37 pm 

EasterIslandHead wrote:
''ok, if my shipment is not done by this friday, i will start legal action, starting from paypal. thankfully my family owns a tv station, i will make sure you guys get known as a rip-off, i know some peopled who you've ripped, they complained about you and your record label. this is not a way to treat your fans.''

Sorry man, but that's just lame as hell. Why would he even give you the time of day with that nonsense? You think anyone in the general public gives enough of a shit about some small metal record label to warrant air time on a tv station?

EasterIslandHead
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:41 pm 

i know it won't matter to him, but it still will be done. it sucks that a scam from a label is so difficult to treat justly over the internet. lame or not, i don't really care, it's wrong.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:07 pm 

Oblivion_Gene wrote:
Sorry man, but that's just lame as hell.

Mhm.

Why are people so quick to cry "SCAM!" in situations like this, especially when some of the label's goods get to people and some don't? If you're really hellbent on throwing such a fit about it, send him a PM on Facebook, but don't start acting like a douchebag about it and making threats to him. That's...well, just lame as hell.

EasterIslandHead
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:16 pm 

dude they are stealing money, why are you guys so defensive about it, it's just my way of dealing with this. i was not going to just stay quiet. i want my items or at least my money back. and aren't they the douchebags at first place for ripping you off?

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:38 pm 

I don't think anyone is faulting you for wanting your items in return for payment, it's the way you went about it.

A simple "Hey man, still haven't got my stuff, could use the money elsewhere so either let me know what's up or return it." If he doesn't get in touch then file a claim with paypal. You come off like some jackass "oooh my family owns a tv station and i'm gonna get you in trouble." What are they gonna say on the station? "Anal Lunchsnack ripped off our son for $30, don't buy records from them or their label, all you people that have no fucking clue what we're talking about!"

Come on man, that's just silly.
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

EasterIslandHead
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:10 pm 

oh alright, give me a break, i was really mad when writing that message. from what i've heard from others, my vinyls and money are already lost. it's difficult to have a positive reaction when things like this happen

Malthus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:14 pm 

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
Anal Lunchsnack

:beer:

InvalidPacket
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:25 pm 

dontlivefastjustdie wrote:
"Anal Lunchsnack ripped off our son for $30, don't buy records from them or their label, all you people that have no fucking clue what we're talking about!"

That might be the single greatest thing I've read this month. More importantly though I'd like to know how this turns out because I still need to buy a good majority of their discography and it would be good to know whether or not I should go directly through them.

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:33 pm 

EasterIslandHead wrote:
finally mick keeney of feto records and anaal nathrakh responded, i sent him another message about my order, this is what it said:

Apologize.

landin
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:01 am 

What happened about this? I didn't read this before I ordered so got kind of worried now... I ordered three LPs as well, did you get an answer or the goods?

I have a friend who lives in Holland though and I think he bought 3 or 4 LPs and got them delivered...

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:36 am 

Didn't get them, didn't get my money back. Never heard from them though I contacted them on facebook, on their webpage, via feto records and so on, nothing.

Last.fm

landin
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:59 am 

Hmm okey, that doesn't sound good, how about you EasterIslandHead? Just seems so strange if they would randomly just not send out stuff, since other people have reported that everything went smooth... My friend told me it was 2-3 weeks delivery but he got his 4 LPs....

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:27 am 

I ordered a shirt at one point from them, got it after a week. I believe they sent the stuff, but I never got it and they never got back to me even thought I wrote them a million times.. that's what annoys me. Had I gotten my money back or sent the stuff again, I wouldn't mind.

Last.fm

juusokult
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:23 pm 

That's really fucked up stuff. A label ran by guys from popular bands treating people like shit who obviously dig their music. I would lose my respect for musicians like that pretty soon if the same happened to me. Not gonna happen probably, but hope you guys get your stuff or money back. Ripping people off is just really lame and I don't get why people do that.

takar_blackangel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:22 pm 

I ordered from FETO a month an a half ago and received nothing. I then contacted them via the FETO website twice and got no answer. HOWEVER, I contacted Michael Kenney directly on his email address with the following:

I wrote:
Hello Mr Kenney,

I ordered the following on FETO Records on September 8th

1 ANAAL NATHRAKH - PASSION (GATE-FOLD CLEAR VINYL)
Item # 13106812 £7.99 GBP
1 ANAAL NATHRAKH - 'HELL IS EMPTY...' RED AND BLACK SPLATTER VINYL
Item # 7559031 £7.99 GBP
1 ANAAL NATHRAKH - IN THE CONSTELLATION... BLACK AND WHITE SPLATTER VINYL & STICKER
Item # 1276098 £7.99 GBP
1 ANAAL NATHRAKH STICKER
Item # 9347613 £0.50 GBP

However, I have not heard of my order since then. I contacted you via the FETO records "Contact Us" form twice, to no avail, which is why I'm now using the address where I transferred the cash via Paypal. I'd like to know if and when it was shipped. If it is not yet shipped, I'd like you to do so ASAP please. I paid this stuff and would enjoy them much more if they were in my actual possession.

I have until October 23rd to open a claim about this on Paypal. It'd be a shame to do so, since I love your stuff with Anaal Nathrakh so much and would like to encourage you guys by buying merch. I'm also seeing you in Quebec City on November 11th and I'm certain I'll have a blast there, considering Vanitas is shaping up to be my personnal album of the year.

So yeah, I'd very much like an update about my order. Providing a tracking number would even be icing on the cake!

Thank you for your understanding and I look forward to your answer and to catch you gig in November.

Regards,

Patrick

To which he answered, to my surprise, within two hours.

Mick Kenney wrote:
Hi, sorry to hear that your items didn't arrive, ill get them shipped again, sorry for the trouble

Mick

So yeah, he wants you to get your stuff, just drop him a line on his email address and you should get an answer real quick.

landin
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:20 am 

Ah that's good to know! I'll try that if my stuff doesn't arrive in a while...

Thanks!

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:09 pm 

Maybe I should try that too, even though it's been so long since I ordered the stuff.

EDIT: Just looked around on facebook, feto records and myspace and I can't seem to find his e-mail address, would you mind posting it or PM it to me?

Last.fm

takar_blackangel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:47 pm 

Z0MBIE wrote:
Maybe I should try that too, even though it's been so long since I ordered the stuff.

EDIT: Just looked around on facebook, feto records and myspace and I can't seem to find his e-mail address, would you mind posting it or PM it to me?

PM sent.

For future reference, if anyone ever need to get a hold of a seller, the email address can be found on your Paypal Transaction page.

takar_blackangel
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:30 am 

Little update:

I received all my stuff yesterday (package 1) and today (package 2). Everything was in order, except for my Passion LP which had the sleeve a bit damaged in the corner, but that's the post service's fault. So yeah, it took a few pokes, but everything is in order.

landin
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:47 am 

Update from me as well.. I got all my stuff last friday (three vinyls) so it took exactly three weeks from order to delivery... Seems to be no problems with this then!

All stuff are completely gone from their store now though, strange!

Z0MBIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:20 am 

I wrote Mick an e-mail some weeks ago, still haven't got an answer. I give up.

Last.fm

DarthVenom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:51 am 

Quote:
All stuff are completely gone from their store now though, strange!

So I'm not the only one. I was planning on making an order from them (a small one, just an LP and CD, since I didn't want to sink too much money into a place with notoriously iffy shipping), but the day that I finally set aside just the right amount of money, it's like the whole thing just got swallowed up by the slumbering maw of Cthulu.

syx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:55 am 

They have a new store now, they posted the link on their facebook. The prices are different though, I was annoyed as the hoodies are now 40 euros. On the old site (last time I checked) they were £22 bit of a price difference! Think shirts were 15 euros which isn't bad at all. Not sure about vinyl or cd prices.

Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:53 pm 

I also wondered about that. As when I was about to order the website was empty.

Here is the link Btw.
https://www.merchlandshop.com/shopping/uebersicht/anaal-nathrakh

Reply to topic