Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:22 pm 

Wait, that track is a re-recorded one and the original was already terrible to begin with. Like the other track called Jesus Stain, it features 1 fucking riff overplayed to death and sounds absolutely abysmal.

Aszfargoth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:00 pm 

I've always been an enthusiast of VON's music; that is, until the "Satanic Blood" EP release in 2010. Especially its rendition of "Satanic Blood", a personal favourite in its original form, was a mindless translation of VON's original sound into what was probably an attempt at emulating more contemporary, "streamlined" forms of black metal, disregarding the simplicity, density, and heavyness that, for me, where always pivotal to the atmosphere of VON's music (that isn't to say the other newly recorded track versions were any better).

Now, while I consider the album's preview track, "Watain", a definite improvement (although that's not quite the compliment it could be made out to be) over the EP in terms of ambiance and structure, it is, to my ears, still nothing more than a mere attempt at making VON's sound flashier, even "darker and edgier". The songs suffer from this because they inherently fail to provide the foundations necessary for such a translation of sound to succeed: at their best, VON were horrifyingly blunt: a trudging, moronic beast.

However, I'll probably buy it anyways. Just to be disappointed, really.

Last edited by Aszfargoth on Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IMO
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:17 pm 

Why the hell are the even bothering with this?

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:46 pm 

IMO wrote:
Why the hell are the even bothering with this?

Cause there are some people who'll buy this for its kvltness.

daemon_necromaton
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:18 pm 

Ipod nano black metal. :headbang:

Wrath_Of_War
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:37 am 

I like how you put the world "Von" in quotes, because that's exactly what it is....It's not Von at all. This guy is a fucking loser.

Last edited by Wrath_Of_War on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crypt Infektor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:12 pm 

InvertedForest wrote:
I will be blasting this on my Ipod nano today.

:lol:

This made my fucking day.

TheHellstorm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:43 am 

Von used to be one of my favorite bands. This shit that is happening right now is an utter and complete ruin of Von and it is kinda sad. I don't believe there is anyone treating this so-called "reunion" seriously. All them guys with funny nicknames like "Inverted Forest" (WTF???) or "Leatherbelt" is most probably the mighty Venien himself, sitting somewhere in the depths of The PIT!!!, posting some mental masturbation over himself and his jokeband and going "HAHAHA! WHat do you got to say now, infidel? I win! I always win! I am Venien! Vvvvurmzzzflesssssh!!!! Hahaha!" and then masturbating over his brilliance. I mean, really. The guy who wasn't even involved in the scene for last 20 years because he was (in his own words) in the desert, making money, who didn't put a single sound on either "Satanic Blood" or "Blood Angel", all of the sudden appears, threatens everyone with court, behaves like a dick to the bands who kept the memory of "his" band alive for years (seriously! My friend who recorded a cover of Von got an email stating that either Venien is gonna sue them, or they will send him the track in high quality wmv and give him legally full ownership rights to it... So metal. So underground...), gives away too much unncessary and personal information which completely destroys the obcurity and cult around Von, convinces Goat to perform a gig that was just BOUND to be disaster and then badmouths Goat who actually WAS this band (look at the artwork, look at the lyrics, look at the demo lineup...), now finds some bunch of completely random guys and record a whole catalogue of Goat's songs, ruining them completely with overproduction and vocals which are just too many layers of delay over powerless deathish grunts, and now going even further, puking all over his 398374684 facebook accounts about some silly posters which are gonna be sold on some lame-ass gigs with worthless bands. Makes sense, doesn't it? Congratulations, Venien. You just ruined everything I loved about Von. Go fuck yourself.

VonVenien
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:35 am 

This is all about being a true Veadtuck .You would not understand.

Forbinator
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:27 pm 

Wow, the sock puppets are out in force!

TheHellstorm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:53 pm 

VonVenien wrote:
This is all about being a true Veadtuck .You would not understand.

Simply using the word "Veadtuck" does not legitimize your corporate bullshit. And yes, I will never understand the way you ruined the Von legacy. FOAD.

VonVenien
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:25 pm 

the black coming draws near.

Wrath_Of_War
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:47 pm 

Why don't you try doing something original, rather than just re-doing old recordings that you had nothing to do with in the first place? Perhaps you're not original enough (or smart enough) to come up with something creative on your own after all this time? Why are you milking the Von name for everything it's worth, and then some? Where have you even BEEN for the last 20 years? I'm pretty sure you're an idiot.

A close personal friend of mine tried to book "Von" for a fest a couple years ago. You should've seen the demands this idiot made. He wanted like 100 special Von t-shirts made, high quality cameras present to record a Von DVD, special releases of the demos released for the fest, etc, and he expected my friend (the promoter) to provide and pay for all of it. :lol: Needless to say, this idiot's email wasn't responded to.

I hope the "VonVenien" screen name is really this guy. I hope he sees what a joke he has made of himself, and of Von.

His MA band profile has several edits made to it by him, under the screen name "VONPROPERTIES". With that, combined with the fact that he hasn't done or amounted to SHIT over the last 20 years...How is he NOT in this for the money? Seriously, get a life.

VonVenien
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:59 pm 

The ritual is soon to begin.

Wrath_Of_War
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:09 pm 

VonVenien wrote:
The ritual is soon to begin.
And the ca$h shall soon flow like the blood of the innocent!!! Grow up.

VonVenien
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:11 pm 

Tribal rituals of evisc shall spill the blood. Follow us. On Twitter

Wrath_Of_War
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:13 pm 

VonVenien wrote:
Tribal rituals of evisc shall spill the blood. Follow us. On Twitter
:lol: Nevermind, you're not the guy. Thanks for the laugh though.

VonVenien
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:17 pm 

Await oh my wormz the forthCUMing 23 split eps all with exclusive artwork. Every live ritual will be unleashed on Blu-ray DVds with exclusivvvvz for the masses! AWAIT!!

daemon_necromaton
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:46 pm 

You lot just made my day, someone pin this up for posterity :lol:

DarthVenom
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:50 pm 

Behold the kvltness of our HD blu-ray spectacular! Behold, your very soul shall tremble at the forbidden secrets locked away in the picture-in-picture features!

Well played, sir. :lol:

VonVenien
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:16 pm 

From todays Facebook. Anyone caught selling any NWN VON stuff on Ebay will be arrested by the cyber police and concequences will never be the same!

*BOOTLEG ALERT!!!

Hammerheart Records, Nuclear War Now, and any other labels distributing VON CDs, Vinyls, Downloads, T-Shirts, Patches, Pins, Posters are not associated in any form with the band VON. VON has made no deals with any of thos
e companies now or in the past. The only real VON releases are by VON and its own label called Von Records, don't be fooled!

Satanic Blood demos re-pressed on CD/VINYL through these companies are not legitimate releases and are illegally manipulating the fans into thinking that this is connected to VON, it is not!

*BOYCOTT all bootleggers selling artists creations and music for their own gain, they are not helping anyone in the music scene except themselves. DO NOT be mislead, these people are attempting to manipulate VON fans into thinking these are legitimate releases, they are NOT!

***The only official release from VON is by its creator Venien who produced, published, recorded, and has released material on his own record label and distribution-Von Records www.VONRECORDS.com***

LET THE DANCE BEGIN!!!

REVOLT!!!

Sincerely,
VENIEN!!!

Weerwolf
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:30 pm 

Holy shit, this is so bad :o

Venien :durr:

Britney Spears
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:54 pm 

VonVenien wrote:
From todays Facebook. Anyone caught selling any NWN VON stuff on Ebay will be arrested by the cyber police and concequences will never be the same!

*BOOTLEG ALERT!!!

Hammerheart Records, Nuclear War Now, and any other labels distributing VON CDs, Vinyls, Downloads, T-Shirts, Patches, Pins, Posters are not associated in any form with the band VON. VON has made no deals with any of thos
e companies now or in the past. The only real VON releases are by VON and its own label called Von Records, don't be fooled!

Satanic Blood demos re-pressed on CD/VINYL through these companies are not legitimate releases and are illegally manipulating the fans into thinking that this is connected to VON, it is not!

*BOYCOTT all bootleggers selling artists creations and music for their own gain, they are not helping anyone in the music scene except themselves. DO NOT be mislead, these people are attempting to manipulate VON fans into thinking these are legitimate releases, they are NOT!

***The only official release from VON is by its creator Venien who produced, published, recorded, and has released material on his own record label and distribution-Von Records http://www.VONRECORDS.com***

LET THE DANCE BEGIN!!!

REVOLT!!!

Sincerely,
VENIEN!!!

FUCK OFF. NOBODY LIKES YOUR FUCKING SHITTY 'VON'.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:06 pm 

Why Von is attracting so many trolls? Fuck.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

VonVenien
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:18 pm 

Anyone caught typing the word VON with be in trouble for copyright .

~Guest 62838
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:43 pm 

lol @ the troll

I'd actually believe that's something Venien would resort to. I can confirm that Facebook posting, though. Looks like the greedy fuck is at it again. He even goes so far as to accuse NWN! of bootlegging Von material when they were the only label they allowed to release their shit officially. I guess Yosuke wasn't paying him the millions he wanted in royalties. I wonder how long it will be before he attempts to sue Mark Zuckerberg for creating those "illegal" Facebook fan pages (over 10 different Von-related pages all run by him)?

VonVenien
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:35 pm 

Await the 18 split CD'rs !!! LOL!!

THE VOICES IN MY HEAD!!!
Description
BLACK MASS ZINE
www.BLACKMASSZINE.com

Publication: Black Mass Zine
Publisher/Editor: Jason "Venien" Ventura
Photography: Ester Segarra, Jeff Jaffo Miller, VENIEN!!!
Interviews: Dayal Patterson and Kim Kelly
Design and Artwork: VENIEN!!!
Music Production: Von Records

Circulation: 100-200 copies per issue

Featured Bands/Artists in the upcoming pages and albums of the Black Mass Zine:

Black Mass Zine No.01 *Exclusive Album/VON and Venien
Black Mass Zine No.02 *Exclusive Album/VON and Urgehal
Black Mass Zine No.03 *Exclusive Album/VON and Coffinworm
Black Mass Zine No.04 *Exclusive Album/VON and Taake
Black Mass Zine No.05 *Exclusive Album/VON and Kako Daimon
Black Mass Zine No.06 *Exclusive Album/VON and Engorge
Black Mass Zine No.07 *Exclusive Album/VON and Kythrone
Black Mass Zine No.08 *Exclusive Album/VON and Black Anvil
Black Mass Zine No.09 *Exclusive Album/VON and Nidsang
Black Mass Zine No.10 *Exclusive Album/VON and KILL
Black Mass Zine No.11 *Exclusive Album/VON and Gromkult
Black Mass Zine No.12 *Exclusive Album/VON and Schammasch
Black Mass Zine No.13 *Exclusive Album/VON and Enshadowed
Black Mass Zine No.14 *Exclusive Album/VON and Evil Wrath
Black Mass Zine No.15 *Exclusive Album/VON and Leviathan
Black Mass Zine No.16 *Exclusive Album/VON and Krieg
Black Mass Zine No.17 *Exclusive Album/VON and Frostmoon Eclipse
Black Mass Zine No.18 *Exclusive Album/VON and Atlas Moth

Each issue will include:

*Exclusive interviews of the featured bands/artists
*Exclusive ltd ed split CD w/VON+featured guest band/artist
*Exclusive artwork/art collectible section called vVurMzflessshhh!!!: The Art of Venien+collectible prints by Venien

**Each issue will be an extremely low and limited run of under 200 copies each issue. EP albums are exclusive only to the zine only and will not be sold separately

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:43 pm 

I'm not sure what to make of the generic black metal marketing phrases in between the LOLs and half-baked attempts at incorporating Internet catchphrases/humor.

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:22 am 

what's he gonna do next, go through the phone book and start sueing people with last names like "Vondenkamp" or "Von Scultz?"

I mean, I get it; he wants to get royalties for the music he created. Assuming he did in fact create it (and that seems to be highly questionable.) But seriously, nobody I've heard of- not even fricking METALLICA, has ever gone to the ridiculous extremes this guy has to fuck with people like this for "Bootlegging" of "Ripping off" his shit.

VonVenien
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:23 am 

Dita Von Tease and Kat Von Dee are both going to prosecuted by VON PROPERTIES LLC inc Von Tattoos and Von Burlesque which Venien created in 1987 when he created Von.

Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:39 am 

I wonder how much of the last dvds has this guy on this basement, cause I remember being this new Von a complete flop commercially speaking. Goat at least seems to have some more integrity and decided to actually MAKE SOME MUSIC, instead just and only sistematically beating the Von dead horse.

Here (Chile) a guy was offering a pre-sale of the Satanic Blood album in $40. Laughable.

Note: not that surprising that Venien 'himself' talks about him in 3rd person.

VonVenien
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:44 am 

http://www.vonrecords.com/

The limited 7"s that were put out in June 2010 are still available. Also there is still some shirts from the Armageddon Festival (of which only 100 were made over 2 YEARS AGO) available.

LuuuuuuuullllzzzzzFlessssshhhhh!!!! ;-)

Last edited by VonVenien on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kveldulfr
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:45 am 

If Venien couldn't sell bare 50 shirts, that speaks volumes about 'the horde' following his work.

daemon_necromaton
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:38 am 

VonVenien wrote:

For fucks sake, I'm dying in here :lol:

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:45 am 

Guys, if you can't tell, VonVenien is not actually the man himself. Just an impersonating troll.

Seriously, you shouldn't need me to tell you this.

Bishop_Drugsalot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:50 am 

Ribos wrote:
Guys, if you can't tell, VonVenien is not actually the man himself. Just an impersonating troll.

Seems legit to me :headbang:

VonVenien
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:26 am 

Im gonna kick all your asses!

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:02 am 

Ribos wrote:

Yeah I know, but then you've got stuff like this

http://vvurmzflessshhh.tumblr.com/ask

:/

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

VonVenien
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:25 am 

Im a bad ass MO FO! biaaaatch!!

VonVenien
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:51 pm 

NWNPROD.COM are going to be arrested by VON COPS

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next