Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Aurone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:58 pm 

Quote:
Prosthetic Records has announced the signing of Greek symphonic death metal quartet SEPTICFLESH, whose eight albums and performances on tour alongside the likes of CRADLE OF FILTH, AMON AMARTH, GORGOROTH, SATYRICON, CHILDREN OF BODOM and more have earned the group international acclaim.

Commented SEPTICFLESH: "We are very excited to have signed a new North American deal with Prosthetic Records; we feel we have made the right choice with a label that could give us the right attention for the American market, we plan on striking hard with our next album!"

SEPTICFLESH has also announced that it will come over to North America later this year to headline what will be the first "Conquerors Of The World" tour. Until then, the band can be seen taking part in the Metalfest open-air European festival tour alongside the likes of MEGADETH, KREATOR, BEHEMOTH and more.

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla ... mID=172498

If this helps to get them more widely known and helps make them the headliner instead of opener, then I'm all for this.

brmln
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:11 pm 

Good news! Their last album was easily one of the best of that year, and their last few have been their strongest in my opinion. All signs point to these guys continuing to get better and better, and hopefully this gets them the recognition they deserve.

reven
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:13 pm 

Great news! They deserve all the popularity they can get, when it comes to creativity they're one of the best metal bands out there.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:31 pm 

I think that the title of the thread is a bit misleading though, as the deal they've inked (assuming I've read it correctly) is only for North America, which means that it would be just a distribution/marketing deal while they'd still be a part of SOM's roster. Now I could be interpreting this wrongly but I remember the case of Samael which are on NB's roster but had their last album distributed in North Americ through SOM, or the other way around, can't actually recall the exact details.

Anyway, good news for a band who deserves some spotlight attention beyond the scope of us Europeans. Good for them if they are able to drive more people to listen to their music. Maybe one day they'll go crazy and finally reissue their first albums. Now that would be some great news!

Commandaunt
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:40 pm 

Good for them, loved communion, probably one of my favorite albums of all time..Great mass was an awesome album as well.

TheMizwaOfMuzzyTah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:44 pm 

At first I thought The Great Mass was an abomination, but I've grown to tolerate it. It's just a meh album. Communion was fucking awesome, though. Hope their new shit improves. I love the added attention to the orchestral elements, I just wish they would loose those horrible clean vocals and jerky ass song structures.

Pepsiman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:11 pm 

All I have to say is that I would love to go to a concert starring these fellows, so I hope that there are dates near Cincinnati or Rochester, depending on when the tour actually takes place.

Reply to topic