Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
percepticide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:13 pm 

Some of you may have your pre orders in or have realized it is on the internet.

I think this is a huge step up from their previous records.

The songs are more cohesive and it is more technical. So far I am on my second listen and I am loving it. I would give this album a 7/10 maybe higher after a few more listens.

What do you guys think of the record?

Oblivion_Gene
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:24 pm 

Saw these guys for the second time at Central Illinois Metalfest (RIP) this past summer and they were definitely a highlight for me. Real nice, down to earth dudes with lots of talent. I've heard the songs they've posted on facebook, and I agree... a big step in the right direction. Looking forward to hearing the whole thing.

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:45 pm 

It's amazing how their drummer isn't even twenty yet and he's playing Longstreth/Kollias-level shit. Anyways, I'm liking this a lot. They've found their identity, and it makes them all the better for it.

percepticide
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:26 am 

I think I have decided Sirens in Electric Veils is my favourite song. I am sure more of you have checked this out by now. Any new opinions?

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:49 am 

Haven't heard much yet but I plan to get the CD at some stage soon. Glad to hear it's a step-up!

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

angileena
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:41 am 

Nice surprise about this shorter form. Can you tell us what it is you are talking/writing about?
Has any info. about this shorter form been posted before (and i just missed it)?

primitivevoid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:19 pm 

i just checked out Arkaik - Reflections Within Dissonance and it wasnt bad. so this is better?

Frank Booth
Can Bench 450

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:11 pm 

primitivevoid wrote:
i just checked out Arkaik - Reflections Within Dissonance and it wasnt bad. so this is better?

Yeah, Metamorphignition is definitely better. Reflections was decent, but at the end of the day it was just another Unique Leader brutal/tech outfit. Metamorphignition is not like that.

primitivevoid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:45 pm 

nice i will check it out.

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:36 pm 

I listened to this album while studying for fluid mechanics yesterday and wow what a good one it was. While I haven't listened to Reflections Within Dissonance more than once, I still really liked it the time I listened to it. I was waiting for Metamorphignition to come out ever since I heard about it. Once it did, it went straight to the top of albums in my queue to be listened to (I love technical death, regardless of whether it's brutal or melodic or whatever). It was definitely worth the priority and I will be listening to it again soon.

This album was definitely an improvement over there first two, which says a lot since I still liked Reflections a lot (did not like Existential Chaos at all). Seems like they have found their stride with this album.

coool12
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:43 am 

nice posts........

jakster840
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:05 pm 

I think it's absolutely incredible. The music is much more technical, bot not cloyingly. Also, there are a lot of progressive elements added this time around. The Omnipus is a magnificent and epic piece of work. The choral riff in The Withered Hands Of Mortality is another highlight.

Reply to topic