Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
traxan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:47 pm 

Unfortunate timing. You have to think this was in the works well before Warrel's passing but some people will undoubtedly accuse them of a cash grab. I have all their albums but look forward to the unreleased material.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/neverm ... -in-march/

Due on March 9, 2018 via Century Media is "The Complete Collection" by acclaimed U.S. progressive/thrash metallers NEVERMORE. A strictly limited 12-disc box set covering all recordings by these Seattle innovators, it includes all albums (some with bonus tracks), all EP and live releases, plus an extra disc of rarities and previously unreleased demo and live recordings. It comes with a hand-numbered collector's certificate, 80-page booklet (with lyrics, photos, liner notes) as well as an exclusive poster flag (size: 95x65cm).

Formed in Seattle back in 1992, NEVERMORE developed quickly into one of the most revered metal bands of the time, representing a metallic counterpart to the "grunge" acts of the era. Blending the heaviness of traditional American thrash with progressive elements as well as the gloomy lyrics and impressive, emotionally charged vocal range of Warrel Dane (of SANCTUARY fame), albums such as "Dreaming Neon Black", "Dead Heart In A Dead World", and "This Godless Endeavor" are considered metal milestones to the very day. Having disbanded in 2011, NEVERMORE's timeless and incredibly consistent back catalog is revisited by Century Media Records on stunning, strictly limited box set release. Expanded with a poster flag (showing the band's lineup on their masterpiece "This Godless Endeavor"), a disc filled to the brim with cover versions, bonus tracks and rarities, "The Complete Collection" celebrates one Century Media's finest bands on the verge of the label's 30th anniversary in 2018.

jimbies
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:21 pm 

I got really excited thinking they were going to be re-issues on vinyl, as well. Hopefully that is coming.

traxan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:27 pm 

Nevermore isn't a band that needs vinyl, though.

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:02 am 

I would be interested in buying this collector's edition. I hope that the fact that this release seems to be limited doesn't mean it's going to be overtly expensive. I'll cross my fingers that I can find this release in a regular record store.

FirebathDan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:15 am 

I'd be in for vinyl. Leave out the live album and rarities disc, remaster for vinyl, and you'd have a solid 12 LP set. Would pre-order on the first day.

Alas, this appears to be CDs and I have no use for CDs.

And yeah, terrible timing. This is obviously the kind of thing that has been worked on for months.

Paper Machetes

My old metal bands:

Dark Sacrament

Cold Blank Stare

Coagulated Blood

Obliteration

Reply to topic