Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
SharpAndSlender
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:32 pm 

MalignantThrone wrote:
Malignancy are a very strange breed of technical death metal, but they're certainly not BDM.

I think lumping them into the BDM scene is fair. It's not as though Malignancy (especially post-"Intrauterine Cannibalism") actually resembles anything from traditional death metal, and the vocals and rhythmic basis of the music have little to do with oldschool DM.

Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/noktorn01

Lepernicus wrote:
Every record that dipshit sold took away money that could have went to a far more deserving band such as Immolation.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:02 am 

MalignantThrone wrote:
Three of those four albums aren't even brutal death metal, so maybe they all sound identical to you anyways.

Yeah, because only watered down slams and breakdowns make a brutal death metal band. :roll:

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:18 am 

Veracs wrote:
MalignantThrone wrote:
Three of those four albums aren't even brutal death metal, so maybe they all sound identical to you anyways.

Yeah, because only watered down slams and breakdowns make a brutal death metal band. :roll:

Did I ever say that?

Zerberus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:20 am 

chrisahc wrote:
The few Brutal Death metal albums that have caught my attention:

Wormed - Planisphaerium
Skinless - Trample the Weak
Malignancy - Inhuman Grotesqueries
Benighted - Icon

Everything else I've heard sounds identical to each other unfortunately.

I read Inhuman Grotesqueries as Inhuman Groceries and laughed my ass off, then realized it wasn't funny.

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:49 am 

Disgorge (Mex) - Forensick - 2000 - Repulse Records

First thing I did this morning was cranking this album at max vol. Fuck, Forensick remains one of the craziest mind-warps of spastic Death/Grind ever to be experienced. Like an extremely noisy mix of Symphonies-era Carcass and Regurgitate's Effortless Regurgitation of Bright Red Blood. Fits the cover perfectly. Not for the faint at heart.

Their debut album is, though much more restrained, also worth a listen.

Disgorge - Chronic Corpora Infest - 1997 - American Line Productions

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:05 am 

Another awesome and not yet mentioned album is Spawn of Possession's Cabinet. Spawn of Possession have often been labeled as a mix of Cryptopsy and Suffocation, and while there might be some truth in that, they don't really sound like either of them. They are probably best described as super technical BDM with a semi-melodic edge. Killer stuff.

Spawn of Possession - Cabinet - 2003 - Unique Leader

enigmatech
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:17 am 

Krisiun - Black Force Domain - 1995

I always considered this the most brutal album ever recorded. There are no "slams", no guttural diarrhea-farts, no synthetic blast beats or computerized guitar tones...just pure death metal from Brazil.

Here is a sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4lRrNa3SjM

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:38 am 

some of my favorite brutal death metal albums...

Vomit Remnants- Supreme Vehemence (their discography) Very heavy raw suffo-esque along with devourment one of the originators/perfectors of slam esp. the Japanese/ Asian scene.

Seconding Defeated Sanity- Psalms is probably one of the heaviest records of all time.

Thirding Cerebral Effusion-- this band its just the perfect bdm/slam hybrid. Amazing stuff.

Been really digging Pathology, its semi technical/ quasi slam mix, very catchy and very heavy.

Blasphemer- on the inexistance of god, Italian brutal death, blazing fast blasts and my favorite brutal vocals/ keeps shit interesting with fast to slam tempo changes.

another more recent BDM cd that i think will eventually be included in the greatest is the newest Fumes of Decay- Devouring the Excavated from the Netherlands, this band i guess you could say is like gorgasm mixed with some disgorge, the production is perfect for BDM. Crushing Stuff.

DeadXManiac wrote:
Benton's the T-Pain of death metal.

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:14 pm 

deicidefan wrote:
Vomit Remnants- Supreme Vehemence (their discography) Very heavy raw suffo-esque along with devourment one of the originators/perfectors of slam esp. the Japanese/ Asian scene.

Now this is classic BDM. Too bad their original releases are so hard to come by.

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:20 pm 

Recently been listening a lot to Decrepit Birth's "... And Time Begins". Totally different from their later semi-boring Cynic meets Devourment albums. Extreme Grind packed in a plastic-fantastic production. Just how I like it.

Decrepit Birth - ...And Time Begins - 2003 - Unique Leader

Zakillah
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:37 pm 

I really dont like the free display of gore covers here...at least make them small or give a warning. Not everyone likes to see that stuff.
Most are ok, but Disgorge covers are too much.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:01 pm 

Zakillah wrote:
I really dont like the free display of gore covers here...at least make them small or give a warning. Not everyone likes to see that stuff.

You are in a 'Brutal Death Metal' thread. You shouldn't be surprised at any content here. If your virgin eyes can't handle it then a thread like this is not for you.

I'm in favor of a thread with album cover pictures now and again. Might want to re-size to an appropriate limit, though. This thread has me excited to check out some Brutal Death Metal bands that I've not heard before.

My current Brutal Death favorites:

Severe Torture - Sworn Vengeance
Blood Red Throne - Souls Of Damnation
Deivos - Demiurge Of The Void
Prostitute Disfigurment - Descendants Of Depravity

DrBusey
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:15 pm 

I've seen mention of Condemned's last album on here already, but nothing about their new one, Realms of the Ungodly. I'd like to throw that in there as one of my current favorites. It's immensely heavy and, for me, fixes the production values of the first cd. I know some people prefer to the filthier sound, but for Condemned, I love the stronger production values they managed on the new cd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1TVLKzr4e4

Also, it has some awesome artwork by Jon Zig, who's certainly know for providing some excellent bdm covers

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:01 pm 

DrBusey wrote:
I've seen mention of Condemned's last album on here already, but nothing about their new one, Realms of the Ungodly. I'd like to throw that in there as one of my current favorites. It's immensely heavy and, for me, fixes the production values of the first cd. I know some people prefer to the filthier sound, but for Condemned, I love the stronger production values they managed on the new cd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1TVLKzr4e4

Also, it has some awesome artwork by Jon Zig, who's certainly know for providing some excellent bdm covers

Condemned has stepped their game up tenfold with this one. It's fucking excellent in every aspect. My favorite BDM album of 2011 for sure. Angel Ochoa is probably the #1 guttural vocalist right now. The production, especially the drums, reminds me of Suffocation's Blood Oath. A somewhat underrated album that also featured stellar artwork by Zig.

Suffocation - Blood Oath - 2009 - Nuclear Blast

Last edited by Horus666 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reven
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:13 pm 

Cerebral Bore - Maniacal Miscreation - 2010

Top notch brutal death metal with an amazing female vocalist that beats most of the growl vocalists I've ever listened to along with crushing slams/riffs.

NARAKU666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:22 pm 

Torsofuck - Erotic Diarrhea Fantasy

Emeth - Reticulated

https://www.facebook.com/KothRising

Cadaver_Mutilator
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:42 pm 

One thing that I'ive always liked about BDM was the extremely gory album covers alot of bands like to use. Its just so gross and disgusting and awesome. Although these days I dont listen to alot of BDM anymore, I still enjoy the occasion spin of albums like
Prostitute Disfigurement - Deeds of Derangement
Guttural Engorgement - The Slow Decay of Infected Flesh
Aversion to Life - Ritualized Murder
Deeds of Flesh - The Answer to Infection
Disgorge - She Lay Gutted
Disgorge - Chronic Corpora Infest
Defleshuary's demos
Just to name a few

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:34 pm 

Anyone who knows how to distinguish between older and more recent Unique Leader pressings?

I can for instance see that Mortal Decay's Forensic album was re-pressed around 2010. The new version has "Distributed By Crash Music" written on the back in red letters. I wonder when the deal with Crash started and when they opened Unique Leader Europe.

I also have two different versions of Disgorge's Consume The Forsaken. One of them only has the Unique Leader USA address on it and a matrix code that says "DiscFarm 2658-G2 DISGORGE CONSUME THE FORSAKEN". It looks kinda strange with some miss-printed letters and numbers on the actual CD. The other version has the European Address on it as well and the matrix code is "ULR60008-2 16395 MG/CA 137552". It also has "Distributed By Crash" written on it right above the barcode. Thing is that I know this last version was bought on the day of it's release. So that one would have to be a European first-pressing if anything.

Anyone who knows?

~Guest 214846
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:39 pm 

I wouldn't necessarily call this a favorite, but it's a pretty cool forgotten album from the Texas scene, released in 1998. Nothing insanely groundbreaking, but it's competent BDM that has some pretty memorable parts.

Prophecy - Foretold...Foreseen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYSA7OS-nTc

foul body autopsy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:34 pm 

A band that hasn't been mentioned yet.... The Sickening. Only found out about them last night when i bumped into a few of the band members. They gave me a free CD, gave it a spin today and was fucking surprised. It's really good and even has a cover of Hammer Smashed Face on it. lol.

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:44 pm 

I'm going to enter dreamland listening to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJDldgpWOCw

Infected Disarray - Disseminating Obscenity - 2009 - Unique Leader

AngeldeathGreg
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:01 pm 

haven't read through the whole 2nd page, but I know you guys are missing out on a couple BIIIIG international bdm bands:

1. Beheaded - "Recounts of Disembodiment" sick, heavy Suffo-cloning with a lot of great riffs.

2. Funeral Inception - "Anthems of Disenchantment" even more technical, really raw and brutal. Definitely one of my favorite BDM albums.

3. Insision - "Beneath The Folds of Flesh" fucking !!!!!!!!!! so heavy, so brutal, but very musical and catchy as well. Kind of like if Disgorge and Suffocation collided with Morbid Angel and Deicide.

4. Internal Suffering - "Chaotic Matrix" holy gnarly. Kind of if Hate Eternal smashed into Krisiun and morphed into the Hulk
Death metal --> for fans of Deicide, Morbid Angel, Vader, Luciferion, Centurian, Throneaeon, Hate Eternal, Slayer, old Belphegor, Immortal, Angelcorpse, Diabolic, Krisiun, Defaced Creation, Rebaelliun, Azarath, Insision, Monstrosity, Vital Remains

http://www.myspace.com/angeldeath518

Zakillah
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:22 pm 

Misfit74 wrote:
Zakillah wrote:

You are in a 'Brutal Death Metal' thread. You shouldn't be surprised at any content here. If your virgin eyes can't handle it then a thread like this is not for you.

Yes, toughguy, I am totally out of line here....for expecting record recommendations and not being hit with gore pics.
I am sorry, what was I thinking.

I am familiar with MEX Disgorge and a lot of fucked up Goregrind as well, so it has nothing to do with me being not familiar with real gore covers. But post them right in your face just is not right.
Maybe some people dont like to be hit out of nowhere with stuff like that. Ever thought of that? Of course you did not, you toughguy idiot.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:33 am 

Misfit74 wrote:

Zakillah wrote:
Yes, toughguy, I am totally out of line here....for expecting record recommendations and not being hit with gore pics.
I am sorry, what was I thinking.

I am familiar with MEX Disgorge and a lot of fucked up Goregrind as well, so it has nothing to do with me being not familiar with real gore covers. But post them right in your face just is not right.
Maybe some people dont like to be hit out of nowhere with stuff like that. Ever thought of that? Of course you did not, you toughguy idiot.

Nobody forced you to comb through this thread. No one 'posted pics in your face', either. You CHOSE to view them. You have the same choice everyone else has: read/view this thread (and others like it) or not read/view this thread (and others like it). Expecting a clean, wholesome, prudent 'Brutal Death Metal' thread is, well.... It's not like we're on a Christian website discussing the New Testament here.

Devolving into personal attacks isn't something I'm going to lower myself to.

Some people need to lighten up. Nobody's being tough. Just realistic.

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:00 am 

My fav as i've mentioned many times is very likely Disgorge(Mex) - Necroholocaust. I own it in every format.

Opinions Horus666?

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:05 am 

Nah, still think the pictures are unnecessary. They add nothing to the thread but hassle. People post pictures of the albums in lieu of explaining why they like them. Weak bro. Of course, I think pictures in threads are fucking stupid when it's album covers - unless it's a "discuss this art" thread.

Either way, to make this relevant. GORETRADE ARE FUCKING AWESOME.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Nanoscourge
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:10 am 

Necroholocaust does indeed kick ass, my favorite Disgorge(MEX) album by far. Gore Blessed is also quite good.

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:26 am 

Nanoscourge wrote:
Necroholocaust does indeed kick ass, my favorite Disgorge(MEX) album by far. Gore Blessed is also quite good.

Gore Blessed is good yeah. Tracks from the latest split are even better i think!

gradymayhem
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:52 am 

NARAKU666 wrote:
Torsofuck - Erotic Diarrhea Fantasy

I knew this would come up eventually.

Not a big BDM fan, but I do like a couple albums.
Seconding Guttural Secrete.

My Personal Favorites:
Disastrous Murmur- Rhapsodies in Red

And obviously:
We'll bathe tonight
Post metal on my facebook! http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/prof ... 1698891497 I'm formerly defyexistance btw

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:45 am 

lennonlikesmetal wrote:
My fav as i've mentioned many times is very likely Disgorge(Mex) - Necroholocaust. I own it in every format.

Opinions Horus666?

Great album though different and much more polished than the two first ones. How does Gore Blessed compare to it?

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:07 am 

Really digging that Infected Disarray album. Any other good UK BDM bands?

DraakUla
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:39 am 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
GORETRADE ARE FUCKING AWESOME.

Finally someone who mentions them!

I prefer the non-gory side of bdm so here's my list:
Abysmal Torment - Omnicide, really unique vocals for a bdm band.
Uncleansed - Domination of the Faithful, I've seen Insidious Decrepancy being mentioned, which made me think of this masterpiece.
Warpath - Malevolent Reprisal
Inherit Disease - Visceral Trancendence
Vomit the Soul - Apostles of Inexpression
Pathology - Incisions of Perverse Debauchery

Fleshgod Apocalypse - Agony, if they're considered bdm.

lennonlikesmetal
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:46 am 

Horus666 wrote:
lennonlikesmetal wrote:

Opinions Horus666?

Great album though different and much more polished than the two first ones. How does Gore Blessed compare to it?

If you don't mind the more polished change then Gore Blessed To The Worms is a good release. Musically it's solid Disgorge style BDM with a few nods to classic Swedish DM. Vocals aren't quite as amazing because Antimo isn't on it. Edgar and Gerardo hold their own though.

The classic Swedish vibe and the vocals are taken up a notch on the latest split release which is killer.

metal_reaper678
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:36 am 

Bookmarked this thread. This is what my soul is craving to listen.

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:27 am 

really digging,

Amagortis- Intrinsic Indecency: gorgasmy with memorable groovy hooks n' riffs, lyrics about getting fucked up, partying and other debauchery.

Decaying Purity-The Existence of Infinite Agony : Turkish BDM... IMO this band is so over looked, fast paced solid BDM. great shit

Cinerary- Rituals of Desecration : old school BDM with some heavier slam, matti way on vokills.

also anyone check out that new Welding Torture e.p.?

DeadXManiac wrote:

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

DrBusey
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:57 am 

deicidefan wrote:
really digging,

Amagortis- Intrinsic Indecency: gorgasmy with memorable groovy hooks n' riffs, lyrics about getting fucked up, partying and other debauchery.

Decaying Purity-The Existence of Infinite Agony : Turkish BDM... IMO this band is so over looked, fast paced solid BDM. great shit

Cinerary- Rituals of Desecration : old school BDM with some heavier slam, matti way on vokills.

also anyone check out that new Welding Torture e.p.?

Just watched the Welding Torture video, and I'm digging it so far. My only distraction is that the singer kinda looks like Daniel Tosh, which just amuses me more than anything.

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:06 pm 

Horus666 wrote:
Really digging that Infected Disarray album. Any other good UK BDM bands?

I rec Amputated- First Record is slam with grindy/ punk attitude their second "Wading Through Rancid Offal" on sevared is real heavy on the slam, like real heavy.

DeadXManiac wrote:

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

DrBusey
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:13 pm 

I'm going to second Amputated; I almost forgot about them when I lost all my music on my laptop. "Wading Through Rancid Offal" is such an awesome record for slam, I feel.

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:21 pm 

DrBusey wrote:
I'm going to second Amputated; I almost forgot about them when I lost all my music on my laptop. "Wading Through Rancid Offal" is such an awesome record for slam, I feel.

I whole heartily back this.

DeadXManiac wrote:

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

Horus666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:28 pm 

deicidefan wrote:

Awesome band. IMO the second best Turkish BDM band after Cenotaph. Can't recommend their last two enough. Especially Putrescent which features Lille Gruber from Defeated Sanity on drums.

Cenotaph - Reincarnation in Gorextasy - 2007 - Unmatched Brutality Records

Cenotaph - Putrescent Infectious Rabidity - 2010 - Sevared Records

deicidefan wrote:

Just classic. A must have for any BDM disciple.

Last edited by Horus666 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next