PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:23 pm 

actuallyitsbluecheer wrote:
Dimmu Borgir - Deathcult Apocalypse

Not funny.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:26 pm 

Penis Leech- Proliferation of Malignancy Image

Certainly not the slam-band I was expecting. This is a compilation album of their three demos, so there are some lineup changes within the time span of these demos. The first half contains their strongest and most interesting material, whilst the second half has a rather lacking production and somewhat dull songwriting. In several of the songs you can clearly hear the bass.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:29 pm 

I would assume since this imbecile just joined and has six other posts he is trolling elsewhere as well.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:30 pm 

davenion wrote:

I would assume since this imbecile just joined and has six other posts he is trolling elsewhere as well.

Holy shit, I just realized he got the name of the album wrong also haha

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:55 pm 

ApparatusUnearth wrote:
I don't listen to much brutal death, but I'm a big fan of Defeated Sanity, particularly Chapters of Repugnance. Can someone hook me up with some BDM like that with good production? (I consider Chapters to have good production)

Personally I'd recommend Relics of Humanity- Guided by the Soulless Call. The production is montrous, the vocalist is a beast, and the guitarist is adept at writing riffs with a technical edge without being flashy and wankery.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:00 am 

Misfit74 wrote:
Coprocephalic - Gluttonous Chunks (2012)

Crushing, slamming, ripping brutality. Reminds a twisted mix of Pathology, Kraanium, Abysmal Torment, and Splattered Remains.

Whenever I see this, I can't help but be reminded of The Thing haha. Wicked art.

Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:59 am 

I don't know if this can be considered BDM (their early stuff was), but....

The Monolith Deathcult - Tetragrammaton (2013)

It's crushingly heavy, yet it effectively mixes this with the electronic elements. Human Wave Attack is a prime example of this. Plus, they have Orion Pax.

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:08 am 

Currently listening to the album, definitely doesn't fit my definition of BDM at all. Sucks ass too.

nr655321
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:21 am 

I fucking love BDM. It is to death metal what black metal is to 80s extreme/ satanic thrash I think. By which I mean: some pretty insane shit, to say the least. Also, both BM and BTM tend to be minimalistic in their approach. And yet both genres seem to be very very very tricky to pull off well so the vast majority of bands plain suck ass. Does anyone have similar thoughts to mine?

Cloud0129
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:27 pm 

Internal Suffering - Awakening of the Rebel
Just pure brutal tech chaos in the form of a CD. Fabio Marin's vocals are completely unmatched here.

brandonJFAC
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:42 pm 

http://www.sickchirpse.com/wp-content/u ... e-Clip.jpg

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:44 pm 

Disentomb- Sunken Chambers of Nephilim Image

Don't recall if this one was posted yet. Some Australian brutal sickness here.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:38 pm 

Human Parasite- Proud to build the Insidious Catastrophe Image

Some nice catchy and groovy slam riffs on this album. Plus, I find it especially endearing that the intro is the theme to Predator and the Predator's maniacal laughing.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:32 pm 

Euphoric Defilement- Ascending to the worms Image

More California brutality. No matter how many times I listen to this album, I still really couldn't tell you a whole lot about it other than that it's merely enjoyable brutal death metal. Vocals are more of the "puke" variety, though not horrible.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:22 pm 

Misfit74 wrote:
MA lists Acranius as 'Brutal Deathcore' but I think that needs to be changed. Nothing 'Deathcore' about it. That opening track kicks my ass. LOVE IT.

As the one who filed the report which led to their genre change, I have to say that the music is pretty blatantly deathcore-influenced. Lots of deathcore breakdowns, and the riffs that the band use are practically identical to early Carnifex's, ergo, deathcore.

I complain about this a lot in my reviews, but brutal death metal is becoming increasingly deathcore-influenced, and while that's not necessarily a bad thing by itself, slam death fans refuse to acknowledge it (ostensibly because they don't know what deathcore really sounds like). Bands like Abnormity, Raped by Pigs, nu-Pathology, and so on are all practically bursting with deathcore influences as opposed to slam ones, but it's like everyone is too afraid to come right out and admit it because doing so would mean that "true metalheads" can't like the band in question anymore.

Tengan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:58 am 

A genre which is somewhat loosely defined and mostly consist of bland generic copies. Some gems are to be found though, e.g:

Skinless - Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead

Prostitute Disfigurement - Deeds of Derangement

Especially the latter are brilliant, anyone knows any good bands similar to Prostitute Disfigurement?

By the way, do all these bands use the same logo designer or is there some font in Word I'm unaware about?

InfernoxDeath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:43 am 

favourite brutal death metal albums topic becoming a "most recent brutal death metal albums" thread... Not a bad thing though...

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:30 pm 

MutantClannfear wrote:
Misfit74 wrote:
MA lists Acranius as 'Brutal Deathcore' but I think that needs to be changed. Nothing 'Deathcore' about it. That opening track kicks my ass. LOVE IT.

As the one who filed the report which led to their genre change, I have to say that the music is pretty blatantly deathcore-influenced. Lots of deathcore breakdowns, and the riffs that the band use are practically identical to early Carnifex's, ergo, deathcore.

I complain about this a lot in my reviews, but brutal death metal is becoming increasingly deathcore-influenced, and while that's not necessarily a bad thing by itself, slam death fans refuse to acknowledge it (ostensibly because they don't know what deathcore really sounds like). Bands like Abnormity, Raped by Pigs, nu-Pathology, and so on are all practically bursting with deathcore influences as opposed to slam ones, but it's like everyone is too afraid to come right out and admit it because doing so would mean that "true metalheads" can't like the band in question anymore.

There's a valid reason for that: from what I've heard(and that's very little, thank the gods) the majority of deathcore is absolute shit. Granted, many could say the same about many brutal death metal bands, but shitty brutal death metal still is superior to even the best deathcore.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:40 pm 

And it's attitudes like that that make the increasingly prevalent deathcore influences in BDM even funnier. So everyone within the scene hates deathcore and thinks it's trendy? Soooo...where are the deathcore influences *coming* from, then? :lol:

Deathcore is a good genre at its core and has produced some of my favorite albums of all time, but 90% of brutal death metal bands suck at it. Maybe they think if their deathcore riffs and breakdowns are boring enough then it doesn't really count as deathcore.

Crystal_Logic
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:32 am 

Deathcore came after brutal death metal though.

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:12 am 

Crystal_Logic wrote:
Deathcore came after brutal death metal though.

I'm aware, but this is irrelevant. Death metal came after thrash metal, yet people still mixed DM and thrash together later on. The late 00s' remnants of nu-metal mixed themselves with deathcore as well, despite deathcore forming later. It's wholly within the realm of possibilities for a genre to draw influences from a more recently formed genre.

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:59 am 

I think these newer slam bands that are mixing the genre, i.e. Begging for Incest, Waking the Cadaver and Acranius realize that there is a lot of similarities.

Slam= Catchy groovy mosh riffs
Deathcore= Catchy groovy mosh riffs

The one thing about brutal music is you can't have a overabundance of catchy groovy mosh riffs.

Also, deathcore isn't really trendy anymore and death metal kids who still "talk shit" about deathcore can stop now, no one cares... just bring on the heavy music

DeadXManiac wrote:
Benton's the T-Pain of death metal.

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:03 pm 

Ravager- Naxzgul Rising Image

Fine album of brutal blackened death metal from these prolific Mexicans. Production sound is a bit raw, but it suits the music. They play at blistering speed most of the time, but slow it down every so often. Sonic chaos.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:38 pm 

Braced for Nails- Icons Above all Others

Texas brutality featuring members of Uncleansed and Infernal Dominion. Braced for Nails is the most brutal of the three, but they still slow down for that "Texas doom" every so often. Many of the songs have somewhat annoying stopping, starting going on. A song will stop for a couple seconds leading you to believe the track is over and then start up for a few notes and stop again and start up again until the song actually ends. Not a big deal, merely somewhat irritating the first time around.

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:50 pm 

Abraxas- Damnation

Anyone who digs Internal Suffering- Awakening of the Rebel should check out this album, as it features Makoto Mizoguchi who played guitars on that IS album. The same fast guitarwork is on display here, perhaps a bit less technical but with stronger song structures in my opinion.

Misfit74
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:14 pm 

Extermination Dismemberment - Serial Urbicide (2013)

Similar to Katalepsy's Autopsychosis in that it features super-low guitars and a massive sound, this one is stripped down and mostly about slams and more slams. I love it. :D

Zakillah
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:49 pm 

Yeah, thats good stuff.

I cant stand most of BrutalDeath because of that weeeeeh, waaaaah guitars. Thats why I love Vulvectomy, they have NONE of that "technical" BS, just straight up catchy, heavy riffage.
Give me Grooves, Slams, Blasts; I dont care for anything else.

halfformedfetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:47 am 

Possibly already been mentioned :) but Prophecy - Our Domain! is so killer, lots of fast blasting moments! and huge head banging riffs, plus the lyrics are super cool, a couple of the songs are about the BDM scene in Texas

terrorisk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:13 am 

Corpse Dismemberment

SICK

davenion
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:39 am 

Beneath- Enslaved by Fear

Brutal Death Metal doesn't really describe this music that well. Epic Technical Brutal Death Metal might be more fitting. These Icelanders have a sound that could be compared to Behemoth and Hour of Penance, but with catchier and more epic riffing than the latter. Some nice stuff.

Secreted Entity- Horrifying Hallucinations of Ungodly Activities

Rather good brutality on display from these Californians. Most notable is a couple short sections of what sounds close to regular heavy metal riffage in tracks 5 and 8, including a nice lil solo in the latter.

controlledbleeding
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:27 am 

none. they're all rubbish.

Last edited by Metantoine on Thu May 30, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The dude has been warmed. Ignore his post(s)

Baldrs
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:55 am 

Misfit74 wrote:
Extermination Dismemberment - Serial Urbicide (2013)

Similar to Katalepsy's Autopsychosis in that it features super-low guitars and a massive sound, this one is stripped down and mostly about slams and more slams. I love it. :D

This is a fucking massive album, thanks so much for posting it. That guitar tone... jesus christ!

I don't care about anyone's opinion on this album, especially everyone that jumped on the bandwagon and gave it 0%/1%
PROAN is a fucking massive album, and is one of the few albums I've heard to incorporate slams that are this melodic. Plus, the cover art is great.

slayrrr666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:50 pm 

Never been too much into Brutal Death, might have to start getting more into it since the cover artwork for these releases is impressive enough to get me into it on that factor alone. Man, some quality artists in this genre.

i don't consider gordon ramsay to be a chef, because i haven't been to his restaurants, and i'm not interested in his food

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:52 pm 

controlledbleeding wrote:
none. they're all rubbish.

What a valuable post, thanks for contributing to discussion. :roll:

joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:54 am 

davenion wrote:
Beneath- Enslaved by Fear

Brutal Death Metal doesn't really describe this music that well. Epic Technical Brutal Death Metal might be more fitting. These Icelanders have a sound that could be compared to Behemoth and Hour of Penance, but with catchier and more epic riffing than the latter. Some nice stuff.

great album, tho' i think i'd rather call it blackened death or something as opposed to bdm... puts me in mind of behemoth (like you said) and god dethroned

Exigence

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:29 am 

Is God Dethroned BDM? If so, then their last 2 albums about WWI are my all time faves.

joppek
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:46 am 

Exigence wrote:
Is God Dethroned BDM?

no... unless you mean blackened instead of brutal by the "B" (aren't abbreviations fun)

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next