* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Jonpo
Hypercolombowler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:59 am 

JM
Spoiler: show
This is actually from their EP Will To Power, which came out just before Stillbirth Machine. I've always known you would fall for this band if you heard the right thing in the right moment. I think we're getting there. You nailed down my favorite thing about them,
I think: It's got all the atmosphere and violence of death metal but the riffing is PURE. There's nothing in there but Frost, Voivod,
and hardcore punk. Period. You will not find a riff that sounds like canonical Possessed, or Death, or Morbid Angel. Keller just didn't write like that. And the drumming is completely off the wall which I assumed you'd dig. Hardly ever blasts, if ever. If he does it's some one-footed slop.

Skip Stillbirth Machine. Check out Dawn Bringer. Trust me. It has that rehearsal room sound that you're craving.

Lugubrum are gods.

Xlxlx
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:17 pm 

Abominatrix wrote:
@ XLXLS
You seemed to enjoy Lugubrum, and that's cool. The chances were about fifty fifty (or something) that it'd get someone who hated it. They are a weird band but once you get it, there's just no turning back. Not sure if you were familiar at all before now but it sounds like you pinpointed their kind of aesthetic from the sound exactly. Of course, this is from the Arabic/Mid-east-inspired album, but I guess they are speaking Flemmish. I always look for the eccentric metal bands and Lugubrum have had me ensnared ever since their "Darkthrone-on-crack" De Totem album.

Oi, yeah Abom, that stuff was pretty cool, actually! It's not really something I would've ever stumbled upon on my own, as black metal isn't really my field, but I like what I heard. I should probably give the full album a listen. I'm a sucker for Arabic influences in metal.
I love that the reviews for the new Dying Fetus get abbreviated on the front page of MA as "Wrong One to Fuck..." Sounds like a remorseful concept album dealing with John Gallagher's experiences with STIs.

FatTheGates
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:45 am 

Belladonna - "Spells Of Fear".

Smells of rear.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:00 am 

Wrong thread? :p

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72