Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Kauz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:39 am 

I've heard many things about this release, that there are supposed to be bootlegs identical to the real first press. I have also heard that there are some slightly differences when it comes to the circle on the cd-disc. Some say there's a white circle on the bootleg. Some say there's a white circle on both the real version and the bootlegs, but the thickness of the circle differs.

All this information just creates a fucking questionmark around this release.
So does anybody know what the actual truth around this release is???

PureFrackingArmageddon
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:15 pm 

you can check discogs but really I am sure any "original" you find is a bootleg, in the past couple of years ebay has constant "originals" of pretty much every long sought after black metal release but if you research you'll see they all come from russia and china. Just buy a reissue because Drakkar and a few other labels just officially reissued VOBIB and Remains.

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:31 pm 

^not to be a douche, but if someone's looking for a particular pressing, then suggesting they get something besides THAT pressing is kind of a worthless suggestion... :|

I'm sure he and everyone else knows they can get a re-issue... But, see, re-issues don't have special original pressing "mojo". (duh!)

baxter
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:03 pm 

I heard once that this original release had several different pressings so I doubt you will ever get an answer to your question. My copy has matrix code DKCD008

Reply to topic